What pre-ride experiences can you opt out of?

I've always wondered how someone whose loved one committed suicide by hanging could deal with the HM stretching room.

It seems like every time there was something different but for the most part they have you go wait by the graves ( the above ground ones for got what they are called ) the CM gives you a plastic card to hold ( sometimes they do not) you wait there for anywhere from 5-15 minutes when a CM will either ask you what your needs are or they just take you back to where the stretching room exit. But like I said it seems different every time I go.
Thanks, I'll try it out next time. I'll be there for NYE, but was planning on skipping this ride. Figured I'll have enough of the crowds without being squished in with them in that room lol

Thanks, I'll try it out next time. I'll be there for NYE, but was planning on skipping this ride. Figured I'll have enough of the crowds without being squished in with them in that room lol
I would skip it New Year’s Eve with the crowds they are much less likely to let you do this. I mean if you tell them you do not handle crowds and the stretching room is too much for you but out side crowds are not. Just do not know if the CM will do this. They might but just be prepared for a no and to have to go through the stretching room. You might want to talk to the CM when you first get in line I know for me they have called up to let them know I needed to skip the stretching room but I use the DAS or FP so I am not in line that long

I would skip it New Year’s Eve with the crowds they are much less likely to let you do this. I mean if you tell them you do not handle crowds and the stretching room is too much for you but out side crowds are not. Just do not know if the CM will do this. They might but just be prepared for a no and to have to go through the stretching room. You might want to talk to the CM when you first get in line I know for me they have called up to let them know I needed to skip the stretching room but I use the DAS or FP so I am not in line that long
Ya I'm not going to try then. I don't have issues waiting in long lines or crowds. Just confined spaces.

Ya I'm not going to try then. I don't have issues waiting in long lines or crowds. Just confined spaces.
You can try if you like just know there is a chance the CM will say no but there is also a change they could say yes. I just wanted to give you a heads up Incase they said no so that you can have a plan for if they say no.

My teenage daughter had a full blown panic attack in the stretching room of HM one time- we were standing under the lady with the parasol- but they seriously packed the room that time and she went into full panic attack- a CM saw this happening and got her out quickly- took her to a separate room until that part of the pre-show was over. She is claustrophobic bad and that room has caused a few issues for her over the years.

I've always wondered how someone whose loved one committed suicide by hanging could deal with the HM stretching room.

I mentioned this to my husband last week. I said I found it odd that they had to change an entire scene of Pirates because of people being offened, but they can still show someone committing suicide on HM. Seems a bit odd. For the recond, I am not offended by either ride, but just an observation.

I mentioned this to my husband last week. I said I found it odd that they had to change an entire scene of Pirates because of people being offened, but they can still show someone committing suicide on HM. Seems a bit odd. For the recond, I am not offended by either ride, but just an observation.

It's really just a marketing gimmick, IMHO, now that they're selling "Redd" merch in various gift shops to capitalize on the strong female caricature. She is also a face character now at meet & greets. None of this bothers me in the least -- just saying that seems to be the real point of it.

As for the HM stretching room, it's a haunted mansion. If death bothers someone, that's probably not the best attraction for him or her. It is what it is.

I go in the exit to RNR when I ride so I skip the pre show room and TOT I have skipped the preshow there before HM at the MK I skip the stretching room and then go in the exit

Glad you chimed in later to explain why you get this special treatment.

I was more asking from the standpoint of riding something multiple times and if a portion can be skipped. I love HM, but the hanging man at the end of the stretch room weirds me out every time and I'm worried it will freak my niece out. Also, go on multiple times, I would think the pre-show gets a little old.

Thanks for the tip about the Living Seas.

I'm not sure about the fairness comment though. I don't think it is unfair to ask and I would never lie and say I had a disability. I don't know what special circumstance would qualify for you though.

Tell your niece not to look up at the end? Or explain that it's not real?

If you skip the preshow because you have already seen it, you are still getting ahead of other people who have waited. That's not cool.

but if you go up to the CM and say you have done this before can you skip it. the CM will tell you no, ( see below for why) since it would mean people that truly need to skip it would have to wait even longer for you. Now if there is a reason why and it is not I have seen it before them, by all means, talk to the CM there, but really it gets old is not a reason why you should skip it

as someone that needs to skip some preshow room becue of a Disability ( and trust me you do not want me in a preshow room with you if I am having a bad day) about 95% of the time you will not get on the ride faster but it will take you longer with the HM you wait by the exit and since they can only have X amount of people with mobility ( and if you are doing this it does not matter if you do or do know have any mobility problems they still can only take X ( I think it is 2 in the ride) amount of people). I once waited 15 minutes just for a CM to tell me I would need to wait a few more minutes ( it was over 20 minutes total.

For FOP you cannot skip if because of the safety announcement made in the preshow room just like the trains at BTMRR cannot leave the station without the announcements being made.

So people with disabilities shouldn't have to wait if they skip the pre-show, but others should? I don't get the logic behind that. And if anyone skips the pre-show, disabled or not, they are making all the people who have been in the queue wait longer, so that's not fair either, by your statement, is it? Perhaps they should have those that want to skip the pre-show wait a cycle of the ride to make it less of a perk?

My teenage daughter had a full blown panic attack in the stretching room of HM one time- we were standing under the lady with the parasol- but they seriously packed the room that time and she went into full panic attack- a CM saw this happening and got her out quickly- took her to a separate room until that part of the pre-show was over. She is claustrophobic bad and that room has caused a few issues for her over the years.

So she was able to go on the ride after the attack? She's lucky in that - my niece would have had to leave the park, or sit in first aid for a long time :( How does she regulate so quickly? I'd love to be able to give my niece some help.

Glad you chimed in later to explain why you get this special treatment.

So people with disabilities shouldn't have to wait if they skip the pre-show, but others should? I don't get the logic behind that. And if anyone skips the pre-show, disabled or not, they are making all the people who have been in the queue wait longer, so that's not fair either, by your statement, is it? Perhaps they should have those that want to skip the pre-show wait a cycle of the ride to make it less of a perk?

I have never gone before someone because I wanted to get on faster, I have gone on before people because I needed accommodation but I have also waited much longer them people without a disability. when skipping the stretching room if there is someone else that needs to skip it before you then you wait behind them. letting everyone that wanted to skip it would be the same as letting anyone that wanted to use the wheelchair entrance to small world, you remember how long that line was when the old GAC was in use and everyone with an alternative entrance used it. This is one reason why I think they are so selective ( not sure this is the right word for about people skipping it.

I have never gone before someone because I wanted to get on faster, I have gone on before people because I needed accommodation but I have also waited much longer them people without a disability. when skipping the stretching room if there is someone else that needs to skip it before you then you wait behind them. letting everyone that wanted to skip it would be the same as letting anyone that wanted to use the wheelchair entrance to small world, you remember how long that line was when the old GAC was in use and everyone with an alternative entrance used it. This is one reason why I think they are so selective ( not sure this is the right word for about people skipping it.

Then why did you state in a previous post that it wouldn't be fair for people to skip ahead of others?

Re: Original question. In Epcot, you can skip making the car on Test Track if you go in the single rider line. At least this is what happened to me the last time I was there, not sure if that is normal.

Then why did you state in a previous post that it wouldn't be fair for people to skip ahead of others?
For people without disabilities to do this becuse sometimes you do get ahead sometimes you do not and when someone dose this that does not need to into make everyone that’s needs this wait longer

Re: Original question. In Epcot, you can skip making the car on Test Track if you go in the single rider line. At least this is what happened to me the last time I was there, not sure if that is normal.
Yes very normal

Glad you chimed in later to explain why you get this special treatmen
So she was able to go on the ride after the attack? She's lucky in that - my niece would have had to leave the park, or sit in first aid for a long time :( How does she regulate so quickly? I'd love to be able to give my niece some help.

I'm not sure how she bounces back quickly- we do try to catch it as soon as we see an attack coming on. She is on medication for anxiety- she was so bad she had stomach ulcers and the GI doctor she was seeing due to stomach issues said anxiety was causing it. The meds have helped and when she does have a panic attack- it isn't as severe as it used to be. She usually has a major headache for the rest of the day and feels nauseous for a while, but over the years has learned to help herself a little more. She used to have to lay down for an hour or so- but it has gotten better with experience and meds. She usually gets to a restroom and uses a wet cloth and just sits with her head between her knees for a few minutes until she can catch her breath good and get back to breathing normal.
Panic attacks are very real and not fun at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter