What personal trait has gotten you in trouble but also helped you

I might not seem so here on the Dis, but I'm actually pretty mouthy. Speaking my mind-let's just say *firmly*- has gotten me into trouble, but it's helped clear the air, too. It took me decades to stand up for myself and actually say 'no' sometimes.

I might not seem so here on the Dis, but I'm actually pretty mouthy. .

I’m very stubborn. Which is great when I’m working toward a goal, not so great when in an argument with someone I care about.

you seem to both have the treat to fight to the death if you believe in something , I probably could use a little of that, Im just like "whatever your wrong, lets go have some laughs"

I can be very direct...when I need to be....which has its good points and bad points....

I was raised to be kind, helpful and nice always ( southern girl thing), an aware of other peoples issues or problems - sometimes people try to roll over me... and I make it very clear that - just because I'm nice doesn't mean I'm weak...

I might not seem so here on the Dis, but I'm actually pretty mouthy. Speaking my mind-let's just say *firmly*- has gotten me into trouble, but it's helped clear the air, too. It took me decades to stand up for myself and actually say 'no' sometimes.

THIS ^^^^^ I think you and I might get along well, BlueStarryHat, as that is me to a T!!

I’m a conciliator at heart and I hate to see conflict unresolved even if working through it is difficult. It’s a big part of my professional role and I’m often called on to help build bridges in personal situations. It hurts sometimes though because not everybody is willing to see everything through to it’s most positive, healthy and logical conclusion and at the end of the day you can’t force anybody to do anything. :sad1:

I am on the autism spectrum (Asperger's, to be exact) but am very high-functioning (most people don't know, and I'm not forthcoming about it) . However, I a) don't lie b) usually don't "get" jokes, especially if there's some underlying meaning that you are supposed to infer from the tone of someone's voice or the look on someone's face, and c) don't recognize people easily by their appearances, even people I know fairly well (I had a hard time recognizing my own kids when they were little when I picked them up from daycare, for example).

Those things have gotten me in trouble before, but they've also given me the reputation at my work of being someone who you can always take at her word and who doesn't play games, which I think has been an asset. People tend to trust me because I'm not seen as a backstabber and I'm always forthcoming with information. That's led to a good deal of success in my job.

Too sympathetic - it's great for the obvious reasons yet I find I fall for every sob story and have a hard time saying no. I am slowly learning to push back and say no without feeling guilty, but it doesn't come easily.

I'm from Philadelphia, and when I really get going my sister calls me South Philly Millie, hahaha.:chat: If I had a penny for all the times my mouth got me into trouble, I'd be able to live at WDW permanently. :joker:

My husband always tells me to keep my South Philly in check as it gets me in trouble at times. What part of Philly are you from? I grew up in South Philly but have been in the Northeast for many years.

My best and worst trait is my mouth. I am brutally honest and straight forward. Not good in meetings where you need diplomacy. I failed that subject.

My husband always tells me to keep my South Philly in check as it gets me in trouble at times. What part of Philly are you from? I grew up in South Philly but have been in the Northeast for many years.

My best and worst trait is my mouth. I am brutally honest and straight forward. Not good in meetings where you need diplomacy. I failed that subject.

I grew up at 2nd and Snyder, although now I live right across the bridge in New Jersey. You?

I’m cool under pressure & don't get rattled by aggressive deadlines.

I’m also a huge procrastinator, meaning I often create or at least amplify the above situations unnecessarily.

I try my darndest to be self reliant, I prefer to do things myself and once I undertake a task I will see it through even if it kills me.

The bad part of that is I refuse to ask for help and end up overwhelmed--which is how I ended up with a living room full of boxes of modular furniture which I have to build. But I refused help from my friends and now there are so many damn boxes that I don't have room to work and now I can't ask for help because I'm embarrassed to have anyone over because my living room is in disarray! I don't know if I've shared this before on the Dis, but my favorite anecdote about my personality flaw is the time I stayed late at work stuffing a couple hundred prize bags because I wouldn't let my intern do it, I guess I thought he wouldn't do it right? He was a very good intern, I'm just an idiot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter