What park do you enjoy to spend your last night in?

MK - that is why I was so bummed when I realized that there is a Halloween party on our last park day, 8/16, for our upcoming trip. I get that the Halloween parties are very popular and a huge money maker for Disney, but a Halloween party in the middle of August? Come on. I still plan to start the day at MK, but we'll then have to hop to one of the other parks for our final night. :worried:

We always end our trips at MK. Our last full day will always be there. It used to be for Wishes, that is still my all time favorite nighttime show, but now it's just because I want my favorite park to be the last park I go to.

Our last night is always at Magic Kingdom but the last morning is either 'Ohana or DHS for ToT RnRC and Star Tours one more time.

We always eat one last meal at Via Napoli and watch IllumiNations, then catch the monorail over to MK. Ride a few rides, have a few snacks and just soak up the atmosphere.

Usually I end at MK not by design, it's just how it works out...

This trip we changed it up and did AK last day (mainly for the FOP fast passes) and our last meal was Raglan Road in Disney Springs.

That was ours last time as well! (Even though I answered MK in theory.) We had an unusually late flight (for us) and hit the Springs on our last afternoon so DS could do the Star Wars thing at The Void. We had lunch at Raglan and really enjoyed it!

Not that I am keeping score or anything, it would seem that Mk is usually the pick followed by Epcot. No love for AK or DHS but that's understandable. DHS is good pick for last day park because usually I have 3 to 4 hours or less before I take magical express and leave.

MK has to be my first park, and Epcot is the last. My feet usually hurt at the end of Epcot that leaving isn’t too hard.

For the past six years we ended the trip by watching Illuminations. This June we are planning to do the same. I'm sure some tears will be shed :sad1: as we say goodbye to another Disney tradition.

We start and end at MK as well. This past trip we had to be out early because it was a party night, so I booked us a dinner at 1900 PF for 6pm. We had plenty of time to get over there, tour around GF, have a fabulous meal with the best character interaction of the trip (my son LOVED the stepsisters), and the boat ride back to WL was beautiful in the dark. :) It was really the perfect ending.

I know MK is usually my favorite park to spend my last day in but what park do you choose to spend your last evening at Disney and why? For me I usually pick Mk but I have done DHS and Epcot too. AK to me will never be a fun night time in my mind.

ALWAYS is AK now, Pandora, and last ride is Flight of Passage. We prefer Pandora after dark. It used to be Studios, pre-Pandora.

This may change when Galaxy's Edge opens.

For the past several years it has been HS and our routine has been the following:

Day 1 - MK
Day 2 - AK
Day 3 - Epcot
Day 4 - MK
Day 5 - Hollywood Studios

We have a 10 hour drive the following day after HS and that is usually a shorter day than the other 4 and we are back in the room and packed and get a decent night of sleep. However, this year we are mixing things up and starting and finishing with MK. I'm not going to worry about how late we are out that last night. Our last day is Friday, we drive home Saturday and we can rest on Sunday. :)

Our family, like others have said, is a MK first day and last day kind of family. There is nothing more Disney than MK. We like to start our trip off with MK and end it with the MK fireworks (even though we still miss Wishes). It is our family tradition. We also have made it tradition to have our last meal/dinner at Be Our Guest (a newer tradition - we did it once and the kids have asked to have it as our last Disney meal the past few trips).
I love the other parks at night and their night offerings, we do those too, but we like to start and end our trip with the most 'Disney' park (in our opinion) and the castle - saying goodbye to the castle the last night is always sad. lol

Last edited:
My son is MK all the way. It used to be he'd be in tears crying on the way out as castmembers waved and as we waited for the bus. It would break my heart. Thank goodness he's past the tears phase. I personally love Epcot at night for my departure, though overall, AK is my favorite park.

That was ours last time as well! (Even though I answered MK in theory.) We had an unusually late flight (for us) and hit the Springs on our last afternoon so DS could do the Star Wars thing at The Void. We had lunch at Raglan and really enjoyed it!

We did dinner because I specifically wanted to see the Irish dancers, and figured it would make my MIL's night. It was a nice relaxing way to unwind after a frenetic 4 park days.

Our final day we tend to start at MK, something about it just feels like Disney. But by the end of the day we tend to be not aiming to squeeze anything else in so we usually opt for EPCOT or HS so we can wander around with a drink in hand before going back to the real world.

We start and end with MK.

This last trip we had a late flight on departure day so we added a day of tickets, made FP+ at DHS starting at noon (got to ride SDC, RnRC and ToT one last time!) and then had dinner at Beaches and Cream before catching DME around 7 pm to MCO.

Usually for us we go to the MK on our first day and wrap it up at the MK again for our last night. But with this trip coming up in June we are having to change things up. We are staying at WDW for only 4 days and then doing a 7 night Disney Cruise on the Fantasy. We arrive in Orlando around 7:30 am on a Tuesday and will head over to HS first and spend the day there and dinner at Flying Fish. Wednesday we are going to spend the day at AK and ride FOP for the first time and ROL package at Tiffins. Thursday will be the MK and dinner at California Grill and then on Friday we are going to do Epcot... The kicker is, we will not be watching Illuminations for one last time. We are going to head over to the AKL for a nice quite relaxing dinner at Jiko... A very different trip indeed for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter