What new and/or different things do you like to try when you go to WDW?

Has anyone done the Walking with giants elephant tour at AK or the drawing class at WL reunion station?
Did the walking with giants tour. It is a favorite memory and thought it well worth the time & price. Good views of elephants from the special platform and interesting guides. One was an enthusiastic elephant caretaker who obviously loved his job and the other a native of Africa who told us so much about the elephants in her country. Highly recommend. :)

Did the walking with giants tour. It is a favorite memory and thought it well worth the time & price. Good views of elephants from the special platform and interesting guides. One was an enthusiastic elephant caretaker who obviously loved his job and the other a native of Africa who told us so much about the elephants in her country. Highly recommend. :)

I had a completely different experience with the Caring for Giants tour at AK. I was so excited-I LOVE all things AK, it's my favorite park, so I was really looking forward to it. But the elephants were all huddled in a corner rather far away, and there wasn't much to see. And although most of us wanted to know more about the elephants that were at the Animal Kingdom (their ages, how they're fed, cared for etc.), the CM kept steering the discussion to the elephants in her country. Because of my love for AK, it was OK, but that's all.

We try to do new things when we go too. Last visit we did the Highway in the Sky Progressive Dinner & Fireworks for the first time. It was so fun!

I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour last year and I lived it. Recommended for all Disney fans. For this September I've booked the Backstage Magic tour, I hope it's worth it because it's three times more expensive :). KttK is a great value.

I also like to try new restaurants, however I have my favourites and once I book them all there is little stomach space left for newcomers.

We love doing new things each trip too. Our upcoming trip we will be staying at OKW for a night which we are excited to try before heading over to BCV for the rest of our trip. We will be eating at some new restaurants too...Terralina Crafted Italian in DS, Olivia's Cafe, Trattoria Al Forno Breakfast, Paddlefish, Ale and Compass, and The Edison plus eating a few restaurants that we haven't been to in a long time. We will also be able to finally see and play in TSL and have both breakfast and lunch at Woody's Lunch Box, and really get to enjoy Pandora and watch the night time show in AK (have never seen it). The last time we were in WDW we only went through Pandora very briefly because we had FP for FOP, but since it was raining all day, we didn't get to see it's true beauty. One of my main goals this trip is to visit it during the day and then return that night to visit it again just to see the glowing effects in that area.

I usually go home once a year for 2 weeks. I always eat at Cali Grill. Last year I did cake decorating at Amorettes. So fun and the cake was delicious! This year I'm doing a Tea Experience at Rose & Crown,cupcake decorating during Food & Wine. I also try a new resturant or 2.

1 - Try one of the less popular rides. We're usually pleasantly surprised and it keeps WDW feeling fresh and new.
2 - Try at least one new restaurant.
3 - Book one new experience that's not park related. Last trip we enjoyed the spa and loved it!
4 - Find a way to sprinkle pixie dust to other guests. Discovered this one on accident when we shared glow sticks with our neighbors at Rivers of Light last year.

I go almost weekly and try to experience something new every visit. Over the last year I’ve rented a SeaRacer and pontoon boat. Rented a bicycle from WL and pedaled over to the campgrounds and spent some time at the ranch. Did the 8:30am horseback ride. Rented a golf cart at FW on Christmas Eve to enjoy their festivities and see the site decorations. The DVC wine tasting at OKW and DVC dinner at The Wave / fireworks at TOW Lounge, Mardi Gras at HOB, mini golf, four parks in one day, Moonlight Magic at all the parks and FINALLY got my silhouette done at the cart on Main Street (then had one of my cat done in DS ) . Whew!

I was lucky enough to book the backstage Soarin tour for our next trip. I also booked the Parisian breakfast at Chef de France. Never done that before, but heard good things about it.

One of our favorite experiences to do has been the Parisian lunch during Food & Wine. The lunch is held at Monsieur Paul, and all of the food that we had during it was fantastic. The chef comes out before each little course to talk to you. Also it includes unlimited mimosas (which turned into straight unlimited champagne) and they were not stingy with the refills lol. Overall it was a really nice time!

Like others have said we also like to try a ride/show/experience that we normally skip over and at the end of our trip we like to visit resorts lobbies of resorts we plan to stay in, in the future.

Last edited:
One of our favorite experiences to do has been the Parisian lunch during Food & Wine. The lunch is held at Monsieur Paul, and all of the food that we had during it was fantastic. The chef comes out before each little course to talk to you. Also it includes unlimited mimosas (which turned into straight unlimited champagne) and they were not stingy with the refills lol. Overall it was a really nice time!

Like others have said we also like to try a ride/sow/experience that we normally skip over and at the end of our trip we like to visit resorts lobbies of resorts we plan to stay in, in the future.

I was looking at the lunch but it’s not offered while we are there. So, we decided to try the breakfast at Chefs. I heard good things about it too. Next time I will definitely try the lunch if it works with our schedule.

I was looking at the lunch but it’s not offered while we are there. So, we decided to try the breakfast at Chefs. I heard good things about it too. Next time I will definitely try the lunch if it works with our schedule.
We are going to try the breakfast this year! I have heard good things as well and we always enjoy any food from the bakery or from Chefs

We usually like to add in a new restaurant to our list. Perhaps a tour or some other experience, tour. For instance, our last trip we had two boats (w/DVC friends) for the MK fireworks cruise.

Sometimes it might be experiencing Disney with a new grandchild, friend/family member. Stay at a resort for the first time.......

We are going to try the breakfast this year! I have heard good things as well and we always enjoy any food from the bakery or from Chefs
So do we! It’s one of my favorite stops in Epcot. And I love the French onion soup at Chefs.

YES OH MY GOODNESS THE SOUP! So. Good. I think we have eaten there 6-7 times just in the past 2 years. The prix fixe menu is a good deal because the soup alone could be a meal.

We are there twice on our last trip. The first time we each had soup and shared a meal. The second time we both just had the soup. I made an ADR for dinner in November and that’s what I’ll probably order again. So delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter