What loops are best?

Drr10

Earning My Ears
I am a newbie and will be coming in August. I have never owned a travel trailer and would like to know what loops are best. Traveling with dogs and will be at a preferred site.

Drr,

:welcome: to the Camping forum.

This question comes up a lot and the answer is...

It really depends on what you are looking for. You said you have a Preferred site booked. (Loops 100, 200, 300) That is my favorite type because of being so close to the Settlement, the boat dock and beyond. The 100 loop is a short walk (literally steps, depending on your site) over to the Settlement Trading Post, Trails End restaurant and Crockett's Tavern.

The Preferred loops are a bit tight. If you have a big RV, it is very difficult to fit. My old 30ft 5th wheel was perfect. My new 42 ft 5er, I don't try anymore.

The 200 loop is also an easy walk to the Settlement. 300 loop is getting a bit farther away, but has it's own internal bus stop to get anywhere you want to go.

j

The 300 loop is closest to the dog park if you plan on using that (currently closed for renovations). As mentioned, some of the preferred sites are tigh compared to other categories.
I see you have already booked a peferred. We like the premium loops (800 & 900) for generous size and the great dog walking area that runs along the outer side. Have your dogs camped with you before? Please be sure they are accustomed to spending long periods of time alone in your camper. Barking and howling dogs are not welcome neighbors. If you are not sure of their comfort level, and youir willingness to get back to provide them breaks you may wish to consider day care at Best Friends Pet Care.
As far as requesting a loop, many do so, and sometimes their request is granted, sometimes not. There is an app available that has photos of each site to give you an idea of size, etc. No matter what - you'll love staying at the Fort!

I am a newbie and will be coming in August. I have never owned a travel trailer and would like to know what loops are best. Traveling with dogs and will be at a preferred site.

I asked a similar question and did a ton of Internet research before our trip. It depends on what YOU want in a loop.

I wanted quiet and maybe a little more room between sites. Loop 1100 came up over and over in discussions and was described as quiet and away from the busier areas.

So, i made a loop request for 1100 and got it.

Guess what? That was exactly right and we had a great site and it was EXACTLY what we were hoping for. I was fully prepared to return to the office if i wasn't happy with the site. We spent 8 nights at the Fort and I wanted the best site i could get. Got it on the first try!

You need to tell us what you are looking for and we can help.

20160222_180706.jpg
25 foot travel trailer and truck, was tight to get in a site in the 100 loop. Electrical box located on opposite side of street. 35 ft DP on the other side of us.

And to answer the original question, which loop is best ?? Any loop located at Fort Wilderness !!!

There is a dog walk on the canal of 300 and the dog park is right there also. We always stayed there when staying preferred. 200 would be my 2nd choice. 100 my 3rd choice, (it has a lot of foot traffic cutting thru to the marina area)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!