What kind of numbers does Florida need to come off of the quarantine list?

Interesting to see what NY will announce today as three neighboring states are all over the requirement this week and should be put on the list for quarantine. That would be NJ, Penn, and Conn. NY says that they wont be able to quarantine anyone from the neighboring states and to expect an update today.

This will be very interesting. According to reports, CT is changing their criteria for affected states to below 10 cases per 100,000 residents AND 5% or below test positivity. I don't see it updated on the website however. Really anxious to see if these changes affect which states are on the list. I was really hoping FL would be in the clear by now, but with cases jumping even in our local area, I'm not optimistic :(

Me either. I'm just gonna test when I arrive at BDL and hopefully get a negative test result. If it is delayed, I'll use sick time til I get it. DGS has to quaratine for 14 days no matter what so he will do on line schooling. His parents are ok with that. I have been stressing about this trip since this whole madness began in March and I'm done. Its gonna be what its gonna be.

Last edited:
We've canceled two trips so far, I'm not canceling Thanksgiving. We are driving, will quarantine (can I start counting down the days from when we leave Fl or not until we return to NY). I'm thinking leave FL as we won't be anywhere for more than 24 hours!

Scored Topolino's ... definitely not canceling this trip.

"They" said it's not possible to restrict travel between NY, NJ and CT. So much for their "we are better than you at controlling the spread".

We've canceled two trips so far, I'm not canceling Thanksgiving. We are driving, will quarantine (can I start counting down the days from when we leave Fl or not until we return to NY). I'm thinking leave FL as we won't be anywhere for more than 24 hours!

Scored Topolino's ... definitely not canceling this trip.

"They" said it's not possible to restrict travel between NY, NJ and CT. So much for their "we are better than you at controlling the spread".

I think the quarantine clock starts when you enter a "safe" state. Not that that helps much at this point, everything south of NJ/PA is red.

Interesting to see what NY will announce today as three neighboring states are all over the requirement this week and should be put on the list for quarantine. That would be NJ, Penn, and Conn. NY says that they wont be able to quarantine anyone from the neighboring states and to expect an update today.

Local news reported folks from those states will not have to quarantine. Said it would be impossible since so many people who live in those states work in NY, so there is no way for them to quarantine.

Right now FLs rate of new infections is less than many other states.

They need the tourism $ but really can’t rule out new quarantines on those coming from other states that have rampant infection

Enjoyed a WDW trip recently & two beach trips (all flying) with another on the books for after Thanksgiving. Haven’t really run into of this yet from my state. where they’ve had ‘recommended’ non essential travel in general & specific states referenced.

who knows:wizard:

They need the tourism $ but really can’t rule out new quarantines on those coming from other states that have rampant infection

Enjoyed a WDW trip recently & two beach trips (all flying) with another on the books for after Thanksgiving. Haven’t really run into of this yet from my state. where they’ve had ‘recommended’ non essential travel in general & specific states referenced.

What states is Florida making quarantine?

Unfortunately we live in the lovely state of NY so I think we are down to only being able to travel to 5 states without having to quarantine when we return. I live in upstate NY far away from the city and we have had very little Covid infection at all throughout this whole pandemic but we have to go by the city rules. A bit frustrating to say the least.

Last edited:
He knows he has made it so the people of NY can’t go anywhere. Also... holidays coming and perhaps he wants some economy support in his state. Many people come to NYC to shop and see decorations. Not even sure what will happen for New Years Eve. But I’m sure he knows NY businesses will not like him even more if this continues into December.

More info:
https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/h...olicy/71-2d4bbba0-c2e1-4f7a-85a1-1052e84fbd53
“We have to explore if there is a better, smarter way to handle a quarantine,” the governor said.
Currently, airport travelers who fly in from any one of 43 states on New York’s travel advisory list are subject to an automatic two-week quarantine and face fines if they do not isolate themselves after their arrival.
Now the state is considering if it can offer a rapid test to those arriving instead.
The tests have evolved so that results can be obtained in 20 minutes.
It is conceivable that leisure travelers, at least, could take the test and get the result in as much time as it might take for their luggage to arrive at the baggage carousel.
Under such a concept, only those who test positive might then be subject to quarantine, and this might spare local health officials of their current burden of tracking the whereabouts and subsequently checking on every traveler arriving.
Nice idea, hard to pull off
“We should be open to any new ideas that come down the road,” New York State Assembly Sean Ryan (D-Buffalo) said. “But I also know what our current state capacity is to do rapid testing. It's not enough. Right now Erie County could only do several hundred a week for the whole country. That’s not going to be enough to make a policy where everyone coming in and out of our jurisdiction could get a rapid test." It
would not absolve them of having to quarantine, but could considerably shorten their isolation period.
Under the Canadian program, the 14-day period could be shortened to about 48 hours if their test is negative.
Getting the test would be optional, however those who choose not to get tested would have to abide by the normal two week quarantine.
In addition, even if the test comes back negative, travelers would only be allowed to leave their isolation if they commit to getting a second test.

Hopefully NJ follows suit. I think they might since the tri-state area has coordinated on travel policies so far.

Bradley Airport in CT opened a testing center a few weeks back. It’s been so popular for air travelers that it now takes 72 hours for results. Still better than 14 days.
We may head down in November and plan to get tested as soon as we return to minimize the quarantine period.

Bradley Airport in CT opened a testing center a few weeks back. It’s been so popular for air travelers that it now takes 72 hours for results. Still better than 14 days.
We may head down in November and plan to get tested as soon as we return to minimize the quarantine period.
How are you billed for these tests. Do they go through your health insurance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter