what kind of generator??

Lory

Mouseketeer
I have been searching for 8 months for a generator and I just dont know what kind we should buy!! Was looking at a generac model which had good reviews but then I read it was kinda loud and not really for campground use. Was looking at the Honda's which are a little more pricey but suppose to be quiet. Do we need a "RV" generator? Can we use a portable one just? Mainly want it to run the AC in our 35' TT when we go to a campground without electric hook up, also like the microwave.
Could anyone offer any suggestions? What kind do you have?

Thanks,

Lory

i would say go with either the Yamaha or the Honda these are both very good generators that are quiet, yes you can find cheaper ones but the neighbors will not enjoy it.:eek:

Honda seems to be the gen. many people are talking about on other forums. Sounds like they are worth the extra $ in the long run. Total up the amps you will need and don't forget about the start up surge for the AC when figuring what size to get.

John

Thanks we are kinda leaning toward a Honda because we hear such good things about them. Do we need a "RV" generator or just a plain one--if you know what I mean. Some are labeled as "RV" and some aren't, what is the difference?

Any help is appreciated

Lory

I would imagine that the RV gen. would fit in an enclosed space and have a separate fuel source and would have wire connections for hooking up to the RV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter