What is your most irrelevant claim to fame?

My face among the crowd was visible in the background of a newspaper photo of a Philadelphia Phillies game. Mike Schmidt was in the foreground. Circa 1979.

I dated an astronaut’s son
I taught the son of an Olympic athlete. At the time he was married to another Olympic athlete, not the mother of the child. It was pretty fun when they came into school. The kids were in awe!

very impressive, who ? were you two a couple
I doubt anyone would know him, he was only in the NFL from 2008-2012. Played with the chiefs and then the falcons and got 1 touchdown. And, no, we definitely weren't a couple. Just classmates. I was a band nerd.

When I was a kid I was in the funeral scene of the movie "Convoy" from the 1970's. I was also featured in a national news story in the 90's that aired on World News Tonight with Peter Jennings.

I was on a food network challenge years ago. I was the helper, my mother had been asked to compete by the food network. It was called the gingerbread challenge. She was asked to compete because she won the gingerbread challenge at the grove park inn earlier in the year.
Did you win? :flower3:
I've got you on that. My kids are now 19 and 25, but I can still sing all of Veggie Tales' "Daniel" song without pausing.
(la la la)"...and tie him up and beat him up and throw him out of Babylon." Veggie Tales are some of my sweetest memories from DS's childhood - thanks for that. :goodvibes
I peed in the urinal next to Chuck Colson
Chuck Colson was da bomb - you win this thread. :cheer2:

Meeting Leah Remini during the live commercial break during The Talk's first season, and telling her, "You're the funniest one on the show!" -- and then her getting fired from the show three months later. :mad:

I have run into or met many famous people in my life which I won’t note here. But my own irrelevant claim to fame is doing a PBS telethon thing.

Growing up in the Chicago area I watched WTTW channel 11. my dream was always to be one of those people taking calls when they were asking for donations. FlashForward years later I worked for a company that sponsored one of the Sunday Masterpiece Theatre calls. It was so corny but I was so excited to be a part of that.

Meeting Leah Remini during the live commercial break during The Talk's first season, and telling her, "You're the funniest one on the show!" -- and then her getting fired from the show three months later. :mad:

My son lives in the house she grew up in

When I was a kid I was featured in a local PSA for dental health month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter