What is your favorite Universal Resort? Vote!!

What is your favorite Universal Resort?

• Portofino Bay

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Hard Rock Hotel

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Royal Pacific

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sapphire Falls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Votes: 14 17.7%

• Total voters
I voted for RPR. I've only stayed there and CBBR. I love RPR for the EPs, the theming, the room size, the pool (and pool bar), and it is the perfect walk to City Walk and the parks (or boat ride if I just feel like sitting a little while). I will say I also love the family suites, casual dining, theming, pools/pool bars and gift shop at CBBR. The EPs and location are the real differences for us.

Last edited:
I voted for CBBR for most of the reasons mentioned by JaxDad. Sadly it does not have express pass. I also love RPR for the same reasons as JaxDad. I am a fan of PBR as well, love the way it looks and the Villa pool. I have never stayed at Sapphire Falls, and would rate HRH my least favorite of the deluxes. The theme just isn't my thing.

I would pick HRH bc of great location as first with RPR a very close second. Love both and have only been to those two several yrs back with our other little Yorkie who has now passed after a long life. Now considering coming back again with our new little dog. I believe it is still only the main 3 that allow pets HR, RPR and POB?

I would pick HRH bc of great location as first with RPR a very close second. Love both and have only been to those two several yrs back with our other little Yorkie who has now passed after a long life. Now considering coming back again with our new little dog. I believe it is still only the main 3 that allow pets HR, RPR and POB?

Sapphire Falls allows pets too......:thumbsup2

I chose RPR. I feel like I walk for miles every time I’ve stayed at Portofino and Hard Rock just doesn’t appeal. I love Express too much to ever stay at the others. RPR just feels so nice and relaxing and I love the theme.

I voted for PBR. I just love the theme of the resort. It was so peaceful during our stay in June. We loved the pool area. My daugher had so much fun playing in the sand. The walk is longer than the other deluxes so that is the only drawback to staying here. We didn't think we would like HRH, but stayed there this past fall and loved it as well. We really enjoyed the music at the pool and the very short walk to the parks. This is now my husband's favorite resort. We have stayed at all of the others except Adventura (staying there next month) and the only one I didn't care for is RPR. I really didn't enjoy my stay there. I liked SF and CBBR so much better than RPR. Unfortunatley, those two resorts don't give out express passes. Universal has done a great job on their resorts and it's nice to have so many options.

Oh that's good to know. Only thing is not sure my husband will like not having the Express Pass but would love to try it. He really prefers Universal to Disney just for the express pass hehe. But great to know

I guess that's the downfall of SF...….but it is a fabulous hotel, I think you`d like it a lot...….

And yes, the EP is priceless!!!

We enjoyed all three of the resorts we have stayed at (Cabana Bay, Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay) but we have to give the edge to PBR.

Having made the leap to deluxes, I can't see ever going back. For a family of four, EP makes the deluxe hotels a really good deal. The water taxis are so relaxing as well.

While Royal Pacific is excellent, we just preferred the theming, the pool and the restaurants at PBR. We felt RP was missing an affordable dining option like Sal's. And the pool at PBR is top notch. The theme is a bit more immersive as well.

We’ve only stayed at PBH and HRH. Out of those 2 PBH was our fav by a landslide. True it isn’t as close to the parks but they have boats! Loved it. RPH is the only Premier hotel we haven’t stayed at but booked there for April. I love tropical theming so think I’ll enjoy it.

Stayed at the 3 EP hotels - and they’re all fantastic in their own way. I pick PB for the vote.

We are staying at the Porto B again this summer but really had a hard time picking between that and RPR.

Hard Rock - themeing and proximity are great - not big fans of their pool.

PB - themeing and pool and rooms great - proximity, not so great - and I find it a little too quiet at times ... but we still like it.

RPR - everything about it just works. Pool themeing rooms and restaurants.

Maybe I should have voted RPR - haha!!

First World Problems!!!!! Haha!

I voted for RPR. I feel that Jake’s American Bar is the best restaurant of all of the hotels (I haven’t visited either CBR or Aventura). I also prefer the breakfast buffet at Island Dining Room at RPR over the other on-site breakfast buffets. The walk is short and scenic to Citywalk, and drops of next to Margaritaville. The RPR check-in area is spacious, especially when compared to PBH. Plus EP makes the original 3 hotels more enticing.

The only downside for RPR is nothing has replaced Tchoup Chop restaurant when it closed a few years ago.

I voted for RPR. I feel that Jake’s American Bar is the best restaurant of all of the hotels (I haven’t visited either CBR or Aventura). I also prefer the breakfast buffet at Island Dining Room at RPR over the other on-site breakfast buffets. The walk is short and scenic to Citywalk, and drops of next to Margaritaville. The RPR check-in area is spacious, especially when compared to PBH. Plus EP makes the original 3 hotels more enticing.

The only downside for RPR is nothing has replaced Tchoup Chop restaurant when it closed a few years ago.

I don’t think there’s any immediate plans for anything to go in where Tchoup Chop is......they fill it up well with the Minion Breakfast and an extra event room for folks to use.

I would love them to put in an upscale seafood restaurant.......

Yes, the RP breakfast is the best one we’ve tried too.......Sapphire is also pretty darn good too.....and yes, Jakes is fabulous.........::yes::

We’ve stayed at all the hotels except Aventura and honestly there isn’t a bad one in the bunch but my favorite is Rpr. Out of the 5 it’s the last one we stayed at, and the one I expected to like the least for some reason but it became my favorite, and we’ve stayed there often since then.

I enjoy most the food choices there, like that it has EP and is a short distance to the parks, price is usually good, the rooms were recently redone and I really like them & the bathrooms. I also really like the theming and think it’s a beautiful resort.

We've only stayed at HRH and RPR and of the two I like RPR better. I think the walk from each to the parks is great (one is closer to Universal Studios and one Island of Adventure) and while i enjoyed the vibe of HRH and the slightly larger rooms, we didn't like their pool as much. RPR is a tropical paradise. I'm not sure I would stay onsite and not have the EP, esp. since we tend to go during peak season.

We have only stayed at RPR. Location, EP and affordability all factor in. We can stay Club for about $270 per night and they all know us there now.

I don’t think there’s any immediate plans for anything to go in where Tchoup Chop is......they fill it up well with the Minion Breakfast and an extra event room for folks to use.

I would love them to put in an upscale seafood restaurant.......

Yes, the RP breakfast is the best one we’ve tried too.......Sapphire is also pretty darn good too.....and yes, Jakes is fabulous.........::yes::

If Sapphire Falls included EP, it would compete with RPR as the best Universal resort. Nothing compares to sitting on the Strong Water Tavern porch, sipping on an alcoholic beverage, in the evening of a comfortable day. When we stayed at Sapphire a year ago, almost every day ended with a visit to that porch.

If Sapphire Falls included EP, it would compete with RPR as the best Universal resort. Nothing compares to sitting on the Strong Water Tavern porch, sipping on an alcoholic beverage, in the evening of a comfortable day. When we stayed at Sapphire a year ago, almost every day ended with a visit to that porch.

:wave:Hey Pat

I voted for PBH as it is ‘our’ fav, like how removed from the frentic park activity it is & it strikes me as the most deluxe & pampering of the onsite resorts

We usually wind up at RPH for cost sake and fact we’d get upgraded to a suite. It’s a lovely property, my only complaint is pool area seems ‘tight’ can get quite congested.

I agree that if SF offered the FOTL and the rate only increased in area south of $100 a night, it’d be our first choice. Love the vibe and pool area and after a bit of a rocky start our first stay during hurricane week, they have treated us right.:thumbsup2

Absolutely!!

When we stay there we are the same.......it’s a fabulous bar and so welcoming.........even when we stay at RP we have been know to wander over there on an evening........bit of a longer meander back home though when we are at RP!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!