What is your favorite Hotel close to DL and why?

tinkcc99

Earning My Ears
Trip planning. We will be going in August. Looking for a hotel close to DL. Where have you stayed and what did you think about it?

Again I am going with the Anaheim Marriott.... I've never had a problem there...... Stayed there 7-10 times..... they used to have open air trolleys that took you the mile to DL but I am not sure if they still do. :) It has a nice pool too :)

I've stayed at several places that I've liked, Best Western Park Place Inn, Carousel Inn, and Howard Johnsons.

However, I think overall I like HoJo's the best, but it's a little further away. Check in is a breeze, they have a nice pool area, rooms are consistently clean, and it's the most "hotel-like" of the motels in the area, with a good price. They used to have a restaurant on-site, which was very convenient, but I think it may have closed since I last stayed there.

Aside from the Disney Hotel. My favorite place within walking distance is The Candy Cane Inn. It has a nice little theme to it with flowers and and some small gardens. The room decore is a bit more eloborate than average as well. The breakfast has plenty to choose from and is more than white toast and doughnuts. The walk is easy. There are places closer but they lack atmosphere. I also like the Howard Johnson. The rooms are nice enough and the grounds have lots of pine trees. It has no theme but is pleasent and an easy walk. It has no breakfast.

Last year we stayed one night at the Candy Cane Inn before our 4-night package stay at the DLH. I loved the Candy Cane Inn. We were able to get a good price using AAA.

In the last few years have they remolded DLH ? From what I heard in the past it was not worth the extra dollars to stay there.

Yes. I stayed there in 1996 and 1997 and then again just last week. The rooms have been redone similar to the Grand Floridian but with a bit more Disney patterns. The Bathrooms have been redone and the exterior of the buildings painted. New gardens and walkways have been added as well. It was great. Still a bit dated though as the old hotel towers just can't be themed very well.

My friends and I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn and really liked it.

The people are really nice and friendly and the rooms were always clean and tidy. They also have a shuttle to and from DL even though they are close to the main gate. It really helps when you are dead on your feet and walking back to the room isn't an option:D They also have a good Continental Breakfast that is more that just toast and coffee.

My fiance and I are considering staying there in October for part of our honeymoon.

Good luck in your search!

My die-hard rules: cheap as possible (face it, you'll spend most of your time in the parks so why pay a fortune for a room you won't see 'cuz your eyes are closed when you're sleeping???) and must have a minimum 2 diamond rating though AAA.

Typically most hotels near DLR are decent enough and within walking distance of DLR and nearby restaurants.

As for transportation, I think all of the hotel shuttles have been shelved and all of the non-Disney hotels are now serviced by the new ART system (cost of $2 per person for one day of unlimited use).

I would also vote for the Candy Cane Inn. Nice Rooms, nice grounds, excellent breakfast.

We liked the Anaheim Marriott. We'll probably stay there again this September.

If we are saving money and not staying at PPH or DLH, we really like the Hawthorn Suites on Clementine St. It's about a 15 minute walk, if you must, but we always use the complimentary shuttle.
Over the last three years, we've stayed there about 10 times, and never had a bad stay. They offer a deluxe continental breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, Mickey waffles, cold cereals, toast, juices, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit and other items which is free. The coffee is good. The breakfast room is nice, and we meet and talk with other travelers there.
The rooms have a fridge, coffee maker, and microwave which can be useful.
We usually book online, which can be done for as little as $79 off season, and $89 on season. If you request a North facing room near the front, you can see the Disneyland fireworks through your window. They don't have any balconies though. :(
The pool is good-sized and they have a jacuzzi, too.
We are going Friday and staying at the former Conestoga Inn. It is now a Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites. We used to stay there a lot when it was the Ramada Conestoga Inn and really liked it, but caught on to Hawthorn Suites and hadn't been back since. I'm hoping it is still good. The rate couldn't be beat! $69 for a weekend rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!