What is your favorite footwear for Disney?

LindaY

Earning My Ears
our trip is a month away and I'm really struggling what shoes to wear. Sneakers make the most logical sense to me but mine make my feet so hot! Would like to hear what works well for others?

I love love love Birkenstocks, though when I go in colder seasons I do take a pair of sneakers to be safe. I know Birks aren't for everyone, whether style-wise or support-wise, but I find that my feet are still happy at night in them vs. a flatter sandal. Full disclosure I've had some serious foot fractures so that may be why. I do advise breaking them or any new shoe in before a Disney trip though.

I know huge favorites on the Dis seem to be Teva Mush sandals and another one slipping my mind at the moment. The Teva ones look very comfy and based on a quick search seem very affordable! I always like to have something on me that will dry quickly overnight to be safe, and have a backup pair of footwear as well.

Keen (venice h2) are my absolute favorite shoes for walking the parks. They are breathable, dry quickly and have excellent support. I used to always wear trainers but like you, my feet would get too hot and if it rained... ugh! lol Hope this helps! :D

I usually bring a nice pair of flip flops like the Teva ones or I just bought some Sanuk brand that are super comfy. And a pair of sneakers.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...men&sprefix=cobian,aps,172&crid=16ZRQOUD3Q5XG

I read about these Cobian bounce flip flops on the boards a long time ago. They're SOOO comfy. Plenty of cushion and support so my feet are never tired or sore by the end of the day. I would try to wear them a little before the start of the trip because I've had some rubbing on the top between my toes but nothing crazy. I also recommended these to 2 friends afterward and they've loved them

I love my Skechers for the parks! But usually carry around a pair of flip flops like Havianas or Crocs to wear when it rains.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_6?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=cobian+flip+flops+women&sprefix=cobian,aps,172&crid=16ZRQOUD3Q5XG

I read about these Cobian bounce flip flops on the boards a long time ago. They're SOOO comfy. Plenty of cushion and support so my feet are never tired or sore by the end of the day. I would try to wear them a little before the start of the trip because I've had some rubbing on the top between my toes but nothing crazy. I also recommended these to 2 friends afterward and they've loved them
Thanks, I just order a pair!

So would the general consensus of this thread be that sandals are generally a better choice than tennis shoes?

So would the general consensus of this thread be that sandals are generally a better choice than tennis shoes?

I love my tennis shoes! But I have been wearing tennis shoes almost every day for 37 years now. The key for me at the parks is to wear moisture wicking socks, NOT thick cotton socks. I have some Fila brand ones I love.

If it's going to rain or we go to AK then I will wear my Keen Uneek sandals, but my tennis shoes seem to make my feet happier.

I love love love Birkenstocks, though when I go in colder seasons I do take a pair of sneakers to be safe. I know Birks aren't for everyone, whether style-wise or support-wise, but I find that my feet are still happy at night in them vs. a flatter sandal. Full disclosure I've had some serious foot fractures so that may be why. I do advise breaking them or any new shoe in before a Disney trip though.

I know huge favorites on the Dis seem to be Teva Mush sandals and another one slipping my mind at the moment. The Teva ones look very comfy and based on a quick search seem very affordable! I always like to have something on me that will dry quickly overnight to be safe, and have a backup pair of footwear as well.
Birkenstock #1- Jambu #2- Teva Mush #3 (for pools etc esp.) That's all my feet can handle! (high arches,Plantar Fascitis issues)

I like wearing nikes but then bringing reefs in my park bag to change into mid day. Reefs are so cushiony and mine have held up for almost three years now!

Half my trips to Disney are for runDisney events, so I take at least one pair of running shoes. I've tried my Chaco sandals, but for a long day in the parks I can't wear anything but athletic shoes. I always wear wicking socks (like Swiftwick) which make a huge difference. I'll wear sandals around the resorts.

I swear by athletic sandals. My favorite brands are ABEO BIO, BareTraps, Merrell, and Easy Spirit. I've worn all brands to the parks, and am never in pain at the end of the day...and I have issues with my arches

I'm 100% a sneaker person and when it comes to the parks, I've been completely converted to the New Balance Fresh Foam Cruz. It's a knit upper, so it's very breathable, and the cushioning is perfect for spending an entire day on your feet. I've found that when wearing them, my feet feel much better at the end of the day than they did with any other sneaker I've tried at WDW.

I always wore Sketcher sneakers but I recently became a huge fan of Keen sandals. They are not exactly chic, but they have the benefit of being an airy sandal and since they are hiking sandals, they have great support. They are also waterproof and dry quickly. With that said, if you're a fan of sneakers, they are a great choice, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter