What is your favorite Disney resort?

We are staying at Beach Club this coming June. We will be sure to eat breakfast at Cape May.

We have never stayed on property before. Right now we are booked for the Contemporary. But are now considering a split stay between POR Royal and CR or AKL

We loved WL, because it is smaller and everything is so convenient. We enjoy the quiet and theming as well.

Our budget is more in the value to moderate category. I would love to stay at the Poly. The restaurants seem to be the best at resorts (Kona Cafe and O'Hana). I would really like to wake up one morning and have some tonga toast in bed. *SIGH* Unfortunately, I dont think we will be able/willing to spring that kind of money.
Have stayed at PORS back when it was known as Dixie Landings. Loved, loved, loved it. It is absolutely gorgeous there. I felt like I walked off the pages of a Mark Twain novel. Very quiet and serene. The boat to Down Town Disney was very fun.

But my absolute favorite resort of all time is Caribbean Beach Resort!!! Yes, it truly is. I know people sometimes complain about the size of the resort and the walking distances, which are both valid points, but the awesome kiddie pool with its mini slides makes it all worthwhile in my opinion. My 4 and 2 year old were ridiculously thrilled with this area of the pool. This is something you can not get at any other resort!!!
I had absolutely no problems with the bus system, very short waiting times, not too crowded. This resort was beautiful as well. Very "tropic". Disney's strength in hotels, parks, and everything else is AMBIANCE, and CBR has that aplenty. My husband and I are relatively young and pretty fit, so walking to food court and pool was a pleasant outing and not a chore. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone with young kids for the pool alone is worth it. The pirate rooms seem pretty cool too, maybe we will try them next time (we are most certainly staying at CBR in the near future).

So far my favorite has been the Poly, even in the middle of construction it is my favorite, second would be the Contemporary loved the walk to MK and third is BCV, loved the walk to Epcot, our studio was old and smelly though.

For us, it's the Wilderness Lodge. We love the woodsy, sort of log cabin feel. We also like Old Key West for the large villas and relaxing feel. Oooops! I forgot that I already answered this in August!:o

Last edited:
We loved Bay Lake Tower and its' convenience so I have to say it's my favorite now but for atmosphere and beauty I would place Wilderness Lodge a close second tied with Poly.

Last edited:
I would rather stay at a Value and have at least 4 trips a year than to spurge on a Deluxe and only go once every couple of years so we only stay at Pop. My "other," home. Went in December, next trip is January, then March. So far. Thanks to Southwest and some super cheap fares!! And gotta LOVE an AP!!!

Haven't stayed at all of them but if I had to choose between BCV, BLT, BWV, CBR, CRT, OKW, POFQ, and SSR, I would have to say CRT for Deluxe and it's a toss-up between BWV and OKW for our DVC resorts and CBR as our moderate as we stayed in these 4 several times. A lot of memories made in these resorts. I did enjoy BLT in 2013 although the studios are rather small but you can't beat that location. Looking forward to staying there again. AKV, VWL and the C@FW are also on my list for this year. So here's hoping!

Last edited:
We like POFQ. It's smaller than so many of the resorts, the design is charming and it is fun to hop on the boats to go shopping or to visit Riverside to eat or enjoy a carriage ride.

So far it has been a tie between AOA and POR. Since we have booked our spring break trip for AKL, I am not sure I will have a new favorite.

Of the ones we have stayed at, WL with CR a super close second. In another year or two, my kids will be old enough to appreciate evenings at Epcot, so I look forward to trying one of the deluxes in the BW area.

For values, hands down, AS Sports is my favorite.

For mods, I wasn't blown away by either POR or CBR. We are going to try CSR this summer, so maybe this will become a favorite for this category.

I would rather stay at a Value and have at least 4 trips a year than to spurge on a Deluxe and only go once every couple of years so we only stay at Pop.... And gotta LOVE an AP!!!

Yes, this! I was so happy once my kids outgrew strollers because as a single parent it opened up the value resorts as an option. Now that my kids are even older, they always choose more days at a value over fewer days at a mod or even fewer at a deluxe. Our visits have been creeping up in frequency and duration, usually 2 weeks over the summer with another stay either over the Thanksgiving/Dec holiday break or a couple short trips to celebrate birthdays.

The only reason we are trying CSR this summer is because I decided to try using a travel agent for the first time. Though skeptical, I did snag a pretty magical discount that was too good to pass up (and even lower than the AP rates that just came out). So who knows, this year, we may end up with 3 trips!

It's quaint, it's pretty, it's charming, and it feels to me like a little neighborhood - Port Orleans French Quarter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!