What is your favorite Disney resort?

Our budget is more in the value to moderate category. I would love to stay at the Poly. The restaurants seem to be the best at resorts (Kona Cafe and O'Hana). I would really like to wake up one morning and have some tonga toast in bed. *SIGH* Unfortunately, I dont think we will be able/willing to spring that kind of money.
Have stayed at PORS back when it was known as Dixie Landings. Loved, loved, loved it. It is absolutely gorgeous there. I felt like I walked off the pages of a Mark Twain novel. Very quiet and serene. The boat to Down Town Disney was very fun.

But my absolute favorite resort of all time is Caribbean Beach Resort!!! Yes, it truly is. I know people sometimes complain about the size of the resort and the walking distances, which are both valid points, but the awesome kiddie pool with its mini slides makes it all worthwhile in my opinion. My 4 and 2 year old were ridiculously thrilled with this area of the pool. This is something you can not get at any other resort!!!
I had absolutely no problems with the bus system, very short waiting times, not too crowded. This resort was beautiful as well. Very "tropic". Disney's strength in hotels, parks, and everything else is AMBIANCE, and CBR has that aplenty. My husband and I are relatively young and pretty fit, so walking to food court and pool was a pleasant outing and not a chore. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone with young kids for the pool alone is worth it. The pirate rooms seem pretty cool too, maybe we will try them next time (we are most certainly staying at CBR in the near future).

I've stayed at both the FQ and Riverside and most recently AKL...finally. I went there for breakfast at Boma's a few years back and was just blown away. LOVE AKL and all of it's darkness, music, and even distance from everything. Next trip will probably be FQ however.

WL and Poly may be tied for 1st... Both are just so wonderful places to walk around, just sit and enjoy the lobby and I love how both look. Puts a smile on face just thinking about them

we might have stayed at the WL this summer but we opted for the poly again i just love the poly and it was my decision since its for my 8th grade graduation nd the WL rooms didnt look that nice/big the poly rooms r huge im going back to disney in april 2011 maybe ill stay at the WL then

POP just exudes Disney theming and being there makes us feel great. I know it doesn't have all the great amenities of others but it is just so much fun to be here. Many days in the heat of Sept. we go back and rest or sleep and it's great to know there's only 1 bus stop and short walks to any room.:surfweb:

the boardwalk area is really nie tho i have never stayed there i staed at the ebach club the area is nice at night

I've stayed at many resorts as you can see below. My favorite is WL. Its a great balance of cost and amenities. I love being so close to the MK and also all the resorts I like to eat at. I had a 4 yr old, 2yr old, and 4 month old on our last trip and it was so great rolling on and off the boat to MK without folding up the strollers.

Our budget is more in the value to moderate category. I would love to stay at the Poly. The restaurants seem to be the best at resorts (Kona Cafe and O'Hana). I would really like to wake up one morning and have some tonga toast in bed. *SIGH* Unfortunately, I dont think we will be able/willing to spring that kind of money.
Have stayed at PORS back when it was known as Dixie Landings. Loved, loved, loved it. It is absolutely gorgeous there. I felt like I walked off the pages of a Mark Twain novel. Very quiet and serene. The boat to Down Town Disney was very fun.

But my absolute favorite resort of all time is Caribbean Beach Resort!!! Yes, it truly is. I know people sometimes complain about the size of the resort and the walking distances, which are both valid points, but the awesome kiddie pool with its mini slides makes it all worthwhile in my opinion. My 4 and 2 year old were ridiculously thrilled with this area of the pool. This is something you can not get at any other resort!!!
I had absolutely no problems with the bus system, very short waiting times, not too crowded. This resort was beautiful as well. Very "tropic". Disney's strength in hotels, parks, and everything else is AMBIANCE, and CBR has that aplenty. My husband and I are relatively young and pretty fit, so walking to food court and pool was a pleasant outing and not a chore. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone with young kids for the pool alone is worth it. The pirate rooms seem pretty cool too, maybe we will try them next time (we are most certainly staying at CBR in the near future).

Thanks for this information. You have just made up my mind for me. I am booking CBR in Oct.

Grand Floridian and AKL---I know that sounds like two complete opposites, but they both are so thorough in their theming and design!

i want to stay at the grand floridian during christmas so badly but ive never even been to disney in christmas maybe one day i could and maybe i can stay at ur favorite hotel

Of the mods we've stayed at POFQ wins.

I'd love to try Beach Club though!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter