What is your favorite Disney resort?

French Quarter and Riverside have been our choices during our last 4 stays. I love the one bus stop at FQ and the compactness of the place. Everything is 5 minutes or less away. Next years trip is our 1st foray into the deluxe realm and thanks to everyone on these pages the girls have picked out AKL.

I love AKL, the themeing of it is beyond amazing, I LOVE the different options for meals at the QS, the TS restaurants are delicious! Animals?! Yes please! It's also usually the cheapest of the deluxe!

Fort Wilderness cabins come close second, maybe even tied. I love the kitchen aspect, at least for snacks/breakfast, makes a few more options than just a microwave, also easier to get ready while eating if you need to toast something. I also just love how different and non-Florida it feels lol.

French Quarter is my probably ALL around favourite, cost, amenities, etc, everything factored in.

Money no issue, Polynesian & Grand Floridian, simply just for lobby/resturaunts/wine lists/firework views/photoshoot opportunities/Trader Sams.

Beach Club! I love everything about it, the proximity to Epcot, the decor, the smell....everything. We are booked for the GF this summer but I hope I will not miss my "home" too much.

another vote for Beach Club! I love being around Crescent Lake. We've also stayed at Boardwalk a number of times and love that location too. Just can't beat being able to walk to two parks and all the activities going on at night! We will be staying at Poly for the first time this April, so we'll see if that moves into first place but I don't know.. BC is so lovely! :flower:

An update to my previous response, now that I’ve stayed at many of the resorts....

Wilderness Lodge is my favorite true Disney Resort, but tied with WL, is The Dolphin.

Runner ups would be Animal Kingdom Lodge and Pop Century.

I love BWV for the ease of walking to 2 of the theme parks - Epcot and HWS. And you can't beat the BLT for an easy walk into the MK. It's a nice change of pace to eliminate the time needed to ride buses for transportation.

Don't laugh at me... AoA was our immedate favorite after our first stay there because I loved the SMELL in the lobby and the landscaping! :goodvibes (and all of the pools!)

I hope to try Pop during a Christmas stay (loved the holiday soundtrack there).

After a good compare of stays at POR and FQ, DH and I both prefer FQ.

I almost don't want to have a favorite or preferences because that makes me less likely to branch out. Still, aiming for WL or BI for next year's visits. :thumbsup2

I love the PO resorts. Was at FQ and going to RS for Thanksgiving this year. By far my favorite resort. I love the southern plantations and the mardi gras themes. The whole place makes me so happy :goodvibes and love their food court! Great food choices and desserts!
I have read loads of responses and see only mentioning a value resort. We have stayed at Art of Animation numerous times and it keeps you spirited and inside the Disney bubble. Wonderful for families with more than four persons.

I have stayed at 12 different Disney resorts and can't seem to narrow it down to just one favorite. I have had great experiences at each and every
Disney resort. Each one offered something fun and different. If I had to choose my top choices, they would be Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge,
Grand Floridian, and Polynesian, in no particular order. The only resorts I probably would not return to are Coronado Springs and Saratoga Springs. Coronado Springs is a very pretty resort, but I did not care for the food court and we mostly tried to avoid it. Saratoga Springs was also a nice resort, but I felt it took too long to get to the parks because of the bottleneck traffic in that area. These opinions are just based on my experiences. I never met a Disney resort that I didn't like. :)

I'm planning our Disney Vacation for 2020 and haven't been in a while. Does anyone know what check in time is for POR? I haven't actually booked it yet just planning and was wondering if I should plan to go to the park my first day or just rest from the trip and go early the next morning.

I love the theming of the Wilderness Lodge. My favorite place I've been besides Disney is Yellowstone/Grand Teton area twice. My second choice is the Grand Floridian.

We have loved each resort we’ve stayed at for different reasons, but there’s no contest for which we love best...The Boardwalk Inn! It’s charming, the staff was so kind and welcoming, the rooms are a nice size, and of course, the location! We loved being able to stroll the boardwalk, as well as walk to EPCOT and HS, plus the many dining options within an easy walk. Hubby and I will be back at the BWI at the end of November. Can’t wait!

We have a large family and so we’re always looking for a villa or larger room where we can spend time together at the resort. Animal kingdom kidani villas were amazing! The kids couldn’t get over seeing the animals right outside the windows! Even if you don’t directly face the safari, the experience is still amazing!

Another vote for the Boardwalk! We love the theming, the staff was always friendly, and, of course, the location. Being able to just stroll over to Epcot in the evenings was magical. We have made many trips to the Inn side and always got a room with a nice view of the gardens, frequently with an Epcot view in the background. One trip stands out. We splurged on a bounce back offer for a 1BR on the villa side with a view right into the Clown's mouth. It was fun sitting on the balcony watching kids spit out of the Clown's mouth.

The Contemporary! We stayed there when I was about 6 months pregnant, and having the monorail right there was worth its weight in gold. That and my favorite place for breakfast is Chef Mickey's. <3

I'm planning our Disney Vacation for 2020 and haven't been in a while. Does anyone know what check in time is for POR? I haven't actually booked it yet just planning and was wondering if I should plan to go to the park my first day or just rest from the trip and go early the next morning.
3pm

BWV and Dolphin for Epcot/studios centric trips any time of year. Poly DVC studio for summer trips (love everything about the Oasis pool) and getting a unit with a view of the lake and the tiki torches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!