What is your Disney shameful secret?

I spend more time thinking about the food and planning my ADRs than anything else.

I get ridiculously excited about the food I'm going to eat. I spend the months (months!*) leading up to my Disney holiday looking at photos, reading menus, day dreaming about all the lovely food I'm going to eat. I don't just mean the fancy stuff either, but even the big pink iced doughnuts they have in the kiosks and the cupcakes...oh, all the wonderful cupcakes!!!! :love:

Going in December this year and I can't wait :hyper:

* I lied, I think about it from the minute I book, which is usually at least a year in advance...I think I have a problem ::yes::

Last edited:
This is one of my only Disney Memories I have! Haven't been since 1997 lol I am also terrified of aliens now. I was 7 at the time. My other Disney Memory is getting burnt with a cigarette in line by a guy smoking, was classic kid messing around and adult just not paying attention. Ouch!
Same age, same year for the trip. I went in december, had the same issue but it was the honey I shrunk the audience snake that scared me. I've been back many times though.

I spend more time thinking about the food and planning my ADRs than anything else.

I get ridiculously excited about the food I'm going to eat. I spend the months (months!*) leading up to my Disney holiday looking at photos, reading menus, day dreaming about all the lovely food I'm going to eat. I don't just mean the fancy stuff either, but even the big pink iced doughnuts they have in the kiosks and the cupcakes...oh, all the wonderful cupcakes!!!! :love:

* I lied, I think about it from the minute I book, which is usually at least a year in advance...I think I have a problem ::yes::

I'm going in December too. Made my ADRs 180 days on the dot. Another shameful secret is I've never had the cupcakes beyond what the serve at the Happily Ever After Dessert Party.

I'm low key angry/annoyed that three of the four bands playing Eat to the Beat during my September solo trip are evangelical Christian performers. The other performers during other F&W weeks sound great (and many are from my teenaged years) but I'm not a Christian and would have preferred something secular that would appeal to everybody.

I've been to Disneyland more than Disney World (But I used to live on the West coast).
Not the biggest fan of the PeopleMover.
I'm kind of over churros.
I start planning my next Disney trip while I'm on my current Disney trip.
I have a Tinkerbell tattoo, that due to its location, I cannot post in this forum. :-)

It's weird how much I've enjoyed reading everyone's responses! I love, love, love Disney World, yet there are some things . . .

1. Dole Whips - never had one, have no interest in one, can't understand the hype. I loved reading all the responses from people that felt the same. I was actually trying to talk myself into trying one on our next trip. I was starting to think there was something wrong with me for having no interest. Now I feel better about my lack of interest! Lol!

2. I have no desire to watch any of the night time shows or any of the parades. I get excited about both events, but only because it means the wait times for rides go down!

3. I enjoy SDMT but don't understand the hype around it. Same with Frozen. We finally rode it on our last trip. It was nice, but I will never again waste my precious park time waiting in line, nor will I use a FP on it. I'm fine if that means I don't ride it again.

4. I don't really enjoy Epcot. My husband and I are going on an adults only trip in a few months and because we won't have the kids, we are skipping that park. As funny as this is, our kids are the ones that love Epcot and that's the only reason we keep going. Neither of us really care for it.

4. I don't really enjoy Epcot. My husband and I are going on an adults only trip in a few months and because we won't have the kids, we are skipping that park. As funny as this is, our kids are the ones that love Epcot and that's the only reason we keep going. Neither of us really care for it.
My wife and I enjoy Epcot more since we don't have the kids with us anymore. Whole different vibe and you can drink :)

Neither of us care for the parades and use them to get on the shortened ride lines.

I've only read the first two pages and the last two, but I love this thread idea!

I'm kind of over churros.
Try the Oreo ones. :love:

Mine:
  • I can "sentimental cry" at anything Disney, for no apparent reason.
  • I find the Haunted mansion boring, but I love the Swiss Family Treehouse.
  • I make trip countdowns even though I don't have a little kid anymore.

Last edited:
Hmm, I think I have a few! My biggest one is that I'm ALWAYS more excited to eat food in Disney than anywhere else... even when it's just my mom buying a frozen California Pizza Kitchen bbq chicken pizza! There's ALWAYS something more special about food in Disney, even when we aren't eating at a restaurant.

I love the characters even more than my kids. My family knows that if I go running, it's because I've spotted a character! But I won't get my picture with the characters; that's what my kids are for ;)

I had to reread and laugh at my mistake with your comment. At first I thought you were saying you :love: loved the characters more than your kids. Period. Then I realized you meant you did not prefer them to you kids but that your love for the characters is bigger than the kids's love for the characters.

YES! YES! YES! I spend countless number of hours destressing from work here on the Dis and elsewhere looking at food reviews, TRs, menus for Disney food thinking about what I would like to eat as well as things that I would love to do and experience while at Disney. I read lots of PTRs and TRs even though my last trip was five years ago. However, I am finally going back in December of this year! I can't wait to try some of these rides and food items for myself!

I’m a grown adult with kids. I hate any thrill rides that drop, spin or give me that queesy feeling in my stomach when going around corners. Because of my dislike for these types of rides I:
-am terrified to go on them while my 9 year old loves them (EE, ToT, Big Thunder Mtn, etc.
-stand in the queues with my kid because I love the theming, but always take the chicken exit. She has multiple ride photos where she’s sitting on the ride alone or with strangers
-hate 7DMT. Went on it once, never again. Everyone says this is a tame, kids coaster, but going around those turns scared the mess out of me. I also don’t get the hype over it since the ride is so short
-love love LOVE slow moving vehicle and water vehicle rides like PotC, Living with the Land, FEA, etc.
-will gladly stay till the end of Extra Magic hours late at night not for the rides, but just to take in the atmosphere and take a bunch of empty park photos

My wife and I enjoy Epcot more since we don't have the kids with us anymore. Whole different vibe and you can drink :)

Neither of us care for the parades and use them to get on the shortened ride lines.

You can drink at Magic Kingdom but I see your point.

I dont tell my guy friends I'm a disney fanatic. I just feel weird about it. God I love disney though.:surfweb:

Thank goodness almost all of my male friends are just as fanatical as I am, or even more so. No threat to my masculinity in this crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!