What Is This, A Haunted Ride? May '18 TR UPDT 6/24

The soda and kids thing reminds me of a rant I often have about hospitals here is Canada. The patient kitchenette in the hospital is stocked with diet coke and ginger ale. I can kinda sorta understand the ginger ale but no reason to be supplying diet coke. It is a hospital, are we not meant to be promoting health? Drives me crazy. If the family wants to bring in pop/soda that is their own choice but I don't think it is something that the hospital (tax payers thanks to free health care) should be providing.

I totally agree! I guess ginger ale gets a pass but diet coke? How about some water? haha!

Our driver left a lot to desired... he missed the turn to get on the highway so I had to direct him a different way. THEN as we were approaching the exit for the airport he started trying to pass a truck that was towing a boat. It was really strange we were the only two vehicles on the road... and we almost missed the exit. ALMOST.

Ugh, that is strange.

Unfortunately too much coffee meant I was using the plane bathroom every 40min haha!

I try not to drink too much before/during flights but I always end up having to use the bathroom and making everyone move around in the row :rotfl:

Man oh man....you would think that early in the morning would be a breeze to drive into Boston. Did you use an official car service or was an uber/lyft situation?

Im trying to figure out how im getting the Logan in October.

I try not to drink too much before/during flights but I always end up having to use the bathroom and making everyone move around in the row :rotfl:
haha lesson learned!

Man oh man....you would think that early in the morning would be a breeze to drive into Boston. Did you use an official car service or was an uber/lyft situation?

Im trying to figure out how im getting the Logan in October.

Right?! We used an official service out of Swampscott... never again with these people haha! I think parking at the Park & Fly off of Rte 1A would be a great option - DH and I did that a few years ago and worked out well! Sometimes they have a groupon...

A little late, but I’m in for the party!! You haven’t even left the state and your mom is already refusing to sleep in the same room as your dad...I’m excited to hear all about this trip ::yes::

Hi Ashlee, I'm here. Can't wait to hear all about our trip. Especially how Beach club was since we are staying there in August

I try my best not to use the bathroom on planes, simply because the small size scares me lol! So I'm usually making a beeline for the closest restroom whenever we land :scared:

Love Beach Club!!

A little late, but I’m in for the party!! You haven’t even left the state and your mom is already refusing to sleep in the same room as your dad...I’m excited to hear all about this trip ::yes::

hahaha #neveragain

Hi Ashlee, I'm here. Can't wait to hear all about our trip. Especially how Beach club was since we are staying there in August

hey girl!! so happy to have you! DH and I LOVED the BC when we stayed last year and he has declared that we should never stay anywhere else! (Ignore the fact that we're staying at the GF in 3 weeks bc of a conference I'm attending there.... and my work is paying haha!)

I try my best not to use the bathroom on planes, simply because the small size scares me lol! So I'm usually making a beeline for the closest restroom whenever we land :scared:

Love Beach Club!!

Yeah plane bathrooms = disgustingly small! For our trip in a few weeks I'm stopping all liquids two hours before haahah! I agree, Beach Club = love!

A little late to the party, but I'm here! I'm so excited to hear about your trip!! :wave:

I really didn't want to leave fur baby home alone for a few minutes as this requires us to close all doors, pick up an area rug, etc... aka: too much work for me.
As a fellow Dog Mom, I can totally sympathize! If it's going to take longer to get ready to leave then I'll actually be gone, then I'm just not going. :laughing:

This is when we learned that my Dad's CPAP was not joining us on this trip. Apparently my mom insisted that my Dad carry on his CPAP because it would break if he packed this in his checked bag but Dad did not want to do this. UGH. This meant he'd be snoring allll throughout the trip.
WHAT?!? That is not ok! DH would be sleeping in the lobby!:rotfl: I can't sleep when he's not wearing it and he doesn't even snore that loudly.

Mom set her alarm for 1:30am. Yes, 1:30AM! We were being picked up at 3:30am, and I was kind of annoyed she was waking up so early because once our dog hears her he'll be awake and start whining until I let him out of the bedroom... but she didn't seem to care. So we were waking up at 1:30am.
Ugh no! :faint:

It feels like time has been going by so quick since being back from this trip- which is good because DH and I leave in 30 days (!!) for our first stay at the GF thanks to a conference I'm attending :goodvibes
It's sooooo close!!!

its all one line - regular people and pre checkers mixed in. Phew. Then I realized we all got 'upgraded' to pre check so in the end it din't matter. Once security opened it was quick except Dad got randomly chosen for extra security. We were at our gate by 4:30.
Yay for getting upgraded to pre-check!! The line moves so much faster! :thumbsup2

We met our driver at luggage, collected and our bags and finally at 10:15am this was our view:

pr8k-xzisiipks2cmmscgg-jpg.324693
I MISS THIS SO MUCH!!!!

Joining!
Can't wait to hear about the snoring situation. My DH snores horribly. We always pack a small fan, then I put it near my head to drown it out. Last year, I had to actually put it ON my bed right next to my head because he's just SO LOUD.

Beaches & Cream

Hey everyone! Sorry I'vee been MIA for a bit... but I'm back! I actually had a post typed up two weeks ago then chrome crashed and I lost my work. UGHH. Lesson learned... anyway DH and I leave for the GF in TWO WEEKS!

We arrived at the Beach Club at 10:20am … although it felt like 10:20PM because we’d been awake so long!

giphy.gif

I received two texts that are our room wasn’t ready yet, but Mom and Dad wanted to hit up the front desk to ask if there was a room we could get into early, and I wanted to see if our requests were met -full balcony, high floor. I was really looking forward to seeing my Dad and Adam’s facial expressions when we walked into the lobby of the Beach Club…their faces looked something like this:

200w.webp

UMM okay...

Anyway we made our way to the front desk where a nice older CM confirmed our room was, indeed, not quite ready. I asked if our room request had been met- nope, we were given a room on the second floor with a full balcony. I asked Dad what he wanted to do about this, and he said he’d rather have a room on a higher floor and a smaller balcony. The CM was able to get us a room on the fourth floor (4629) and told us we’d get a text when it was ready. Mom and Dad got anniversary pins - their 32nd wedding anniversary was check out day.

Next up Mom, Adam and I decided to change into shorts even though it was dreary outside we were hoping the sun would come out soon. We schlepped our suitcases to the bathrooms in the BC lobby and got changed. I love these bathrooms - they are so nice! Since we had 15 min until Beaches & Cream opened I had the bright idea of grabbing our mugs at from marketplace and shoving them in our bags before we dropped them off with bell services.

Adam was hungry and didn’t think he could wait until lunch (??) so he used the first snack credit on a rice krispie treat :cutie:

upload_2018-6-9_11-14-17.png

(sorry about the huge photo... I used to know how to resize them lol)

I meant to send this pic to his Mom as it was Mother’s Day, but I don’t think I ever did. #sisterinlawoftheyear

We were all getting hangry so after dropping our bags with bell services we made our way over to Beaches & Cream. Our ADR was for 11:30am but we were hoping they’d get us in early… as we walked by Stormalong Bay and taking in the sights of the beach, the Boardwalk, etc I was really expecting everyone to comment on what a nice resort/how magical it felt… I got nothing from these people.

We arrived at Beaches & Cream three minutes until they opened so we sat at a table outside, and the dark clouds were coming in strong. Dad kept asking me if I thought they’d get us in to eat 30min prior to our ADR. Yeah IDK Dad I don’t work here and don’t make the rules… I went up to the podium right at 11am and explained we were early but we were hungry and the CM gave us a beeper and told us once the 11am people were all seated our pager would go off. The didn’t go well with Dad and we all just sat around the table in silence…. meanwhile two families checked in and were seated, and then the CM at the podium just kept smiling at us but not calling us to get seated

FN3F4K.gif

Finally 10 min later we were seated!

upload_2018-6-9_11-20-34.png

By this time I needed a beer- well, a cider. Are they same things? Dad got a bud light, Mom ordered a pinot grigio and Adam ordered a sprite. This was all of our first times eating here and we really enjoyed ourselves!

I was afraid it was going to be crowded because of how ‘in demand’ the ADRs for this place are, but nope, there were plenty of open tables and booths.

Anyway, I ordered the reuben which was delicious!

IMG_0916 (1).jpg

My reuben was delicious! And those fries were to die for!

Mom ordered an allergy friendly hamburger and Dad and Adam got cheeseburgers. I didn't get pictures of their food because, well, I was lazy. Please forgive - haha!

Someone ordered a kitchen sink while we were there and Adam’s face lit up! He asked if we could order this and my Mom quickly said that no, it wasn’t part of our DDP.

UMMM… she likes to make things up and it was annoying me! Our waiter came over and said that yes, we could all share the kitchen sink as its worth four desserts on the DDP… but mom has a dairy allergy so we’d have to get all dairy free ice cream.

Adam decided he didn’t want DF ice cream and didn’t want any dessert. We kept encouraging him to get a sundae or banana split, anything! Nope. Ok fine… Mom got a DF ice cream sundae and Dad and I shared a banana split.

IMG_0917.jpg

Doesn't it look like Adam it pouting in the corner? No idea why... anyway Dad and I devoured this thing. YUMM!

Overall the beginning started our rocky buy after some alcohol and ice cream, things were looking up! We finished our lunch and high tailed it to the the bus stop… we were headed to Magic Kingdom!

You got texts that your room wasn't ready yet???? If so go Disney as we've never once gotten one that our room WAS ready, even when it was. :-)

Glad to see that Beaches and Cream, and more importantly some good old fashioned alcohol, seemed to get everyone back on the right track!

You got texts that your room wasn't ready yet???? If so go Disney as we've never once gotten one that our room WAS ready, even when it was. :-)

So weird, right?! haha!

Glad to see that Beaches and Cream, and more importantly some good old fashioned alcohol, seemed to get everyone back on the right track!

haha yes!! food + alcohol = I can vacation with anyone :rotfl2:

Maybe everybody was just tired and that is why you didn't get the reactions that you were hoping for.

Good point!! When I got home I was tt DH about how it wasn't fair I had high expectations for a 62yo man and 14y boy to be in love with all things Beach Club... hahah!

Magic Kingdom

Moving right along... we were headed to MK after filling our bellies with booze and carbs! (Well, no booze for the child :goodvibes)

It was sprinkling and cloudy at this point, but that didn't stop us. Mom, Dad and Adam headed to the bus stop to see when the next MK bus was going to be arriving and I stayed behind to set up the Minnie Van services. I asked Bell Services to help me and the nice CM asked for my phone number, and then viola, Minnie Vans showed up in my Lyft App!

I had read somewhere that for some people the Minnie Vans just 'showed up' as an option on their app but this was not the case for me. I went ahead and requested a van which was only 4 min away. I snap-chatted Adam and told him to direct his grandparents back to the front of the BC.

Our first Minnie Van (and all subsequent rides) was amazing! Quick, easy to use, and friendly driver! There are SEVERAL places in the van to charge phones- I would definitely recommend throwing a USB charger in your bag/pocket! The only 'downside' (which really isn't...) is that when you arrive to MK in a Disney bus, the music comes on and I LOVE the generic greeting to MK that comes on.. you don't get that with the Minnie Vans. They do play Disney music, so its kind of a tie.

Before we knew it we were inside MK! AHH that popcorn smell!! I didn't get a 'first look' pic of the castle... uugh, bad Dis-ER. Our first FP + was from 12pm-1pm and we were going to be late. NOO!

IMG_0919.jpg

This pic was taken at 12:59. I HATE being late (except for when it comes to work... then I don't care :laughing:) so I was stressing out. And those clouds? They'd be around all week :earseek:

Turns out I was freaking out for nothing and we arrived to POTC at 1:05pm and our FP+ were still good. Phew! Crisis averted! We waited in line about 7 minutes.. I remember looking over at Dad and he was sweating. Like DRENCHED in sweat and was wheezing- and it was warm but not nearly hot enough to warrant this type of sweat. The nurse in me kept thinking 'please don't be having a heart attack'. Turns out he's just out of shape ... yet another crisis averted ! WOO!

IMG_0920.jpg IMG_0921.jpg

Proof we rode POTC. I *love* this ride!

We were done with POTC by 1:30 and it was time to use our BTMRR FP! Dad's knee was bothering him and he doesn't do roller coasters so he was happy to wait for us by the ride chicken fence while Mom, Adam and I rode.

Adam and I sat together and Mom was alone in front of us. This is mine and Mom's favorite ride - we laughed and screamed throughout the entire ride! I caught a smile from Adam and he said he liked it so all around this was a hit- although come to think of it, maybe he was smiling because he realized just how crazy his aunt and grandmother are?! HAHA! Dad watched for us and waved to us from the fence area!

IMG_0922.jpg

In line selfie :thumbsup2

IMG_0923.jpg

Wind hair don't care.

The clouds were darkening and we still had 30 min until our Haunted Mansion FP so we decided to make a bee line for Country Bear Jamboree. I think this show is hilarious ad fortunately Mom gets the humor in it. I wasn't sure how Adam would feel because at 14, this might not be very cool.

IMG_0924.jpg

The end result? Everyone liked the show :jumping3:

Once we left the theater areas were being roped off for the afternoon parade, although it looked like it was going to start raining at any moment. We needed a bathroom break so we high tailed to the bathrooms next to the arcade area. You know that one, right? :bitelip: Adam wanted to back track to the Frontier Trading Post - he had a few gift cards that were burning a hole in his pocket! He ended up getting some salt water taffy and another rice krispie treat

While we were shopping I got a text that our room was ready and I could tell everyones energy level was LOW. We all decided that we wound't be sad about heading back to our room so we made our way to the park exit.

Now, if this was trip that Mom and I were on just the two of us we would have kept going - but nobobdy likes a cranky dad or teenager. We were going to take a Minnie Van back to the BC but a resort bus was waiting for us so we saved $25 and hopped on.

Here's a funny side story about this bus ride... we sat in the very back of the bus and there was a family of a mom, dad, little boy (6ish) and a grandma. The grandma was sitting across from the mom and dad. The man sitting next to the grandma (is this making sense?) was sitting SO close to the grandma and his pockets were STUFFFED with plastic bags- at least 15 bags. He was so close to the grandma it seemed like they were together. The grandma started whispering to Mom and I that she actually doesn't know this man and doesn't know why he is sitting so close to her ... but in a funny way! Her daughter sitting across from her was in on this and was laughing so hard about this situation :laughing::laughing:

Up next... Yachtsman Steakhouse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!