"What Is This, a Crossover Episode?"-HHN 29, Universal, & A Little Disney (Sep 2019)-Completed 1/6-New PTR Link

Hope you’re feeling much better now, having a cold sucks, especially this time of year.......glad you managed to rest up though!

Thank you! I'm still a little stuffy, but thankfully it's mostly cleared out.

Lovely pictures as always and Thanksgiving look so good.......love the Slytherin look and the pictures of your family are lovely......really lovely.....you look such a nice family, and best wishes to your bother in the Military......

Thank you! Thanksgiving was good, my dad is a great cook although he's always so critical of his own turkey :rotfl:

Oh I love Mambo no 5 too!!! I’m hearing it in my head now.....lol......

Lol it does get stuck in your head once you think about it.

Nice to see you back, lovely update........ :wave2:

Thank you! I can't wait to catch up on your TR, I've read a little but haven't been commenting much on the boards while I was sick.

For someone who doesn't love thrilling I'd have to say this wasn't quite my favorite coaster. (Remember I also thought Slinky Dog Dash was a little too thrilling). :rotfl:

Glad you got to ride even if it wasn't your favorite!

I turned my phone's timer on while we were waiting, and our overall wait only ended up being about an hour.

Not bad.

But we were going to the Hard Rock, and Lyft no longer drops off there so we called an Uber.

Oo I didn't know this. Mental note made.

I knew we were in for a treat when the guy brought up politics in the first minute of the ride.

Oh my.

I liked the house better the second time, but it still didn't do the show justice in my opinion, and there was far too little of season 3.

I still don't get the decision to combo seasons 2 and 3.

If you remember our Cali trip from earlier this year where we visited Jabcecc and met the domesticated foxes since then they've opened their official center, and they sent us a Christmas card which I thought was so sweet.

Aw that is really sweet!

Glad you got to ride even if it wasn't your favorite!

Yeah, I'm glad we got to try it too.

Oo I didn't know this. Mental note made.

It's weird, but I think it's because it's the closest hotel and people probably get dropped off there to walk to the parks. (Which is something we've done). When we were going there for breakfast one day we noticed Lyft didn't drop off there, but Uber still does. Idk if that'll change, but it's a pain when you're actually trying to get to the Hard Rock.

I still don't get the decision to combo seasons 2 and 3.

I don't either. Probably just because season 3 was coming out when they announced the house and they wanted to be able to include it because they knew it would be popular. But it was disappointing.

Wrap Up

I'm wrapping this up now because we're starting to plan our 2020 trips! (You can follow along on my
PTR: HHN 30, California, WDW, & More). I decided to write it on the Universal boards again because our biggest trip of the year is Universal/HHN based again. (Although we will also be going to Disney, a Supernatural convention, and possibly other parts of Florida). But we're also planning to go to California again, and possibly make a short trip to WDW.

I know I've probably said all of this a million times on here and all my other social media, but this trip was amazing, and it's one of my favorites we've taken to date. I'm so thankful the weather cooperated, because this is our first full length September trip since the one we had planned in 2017 that we had to cancel. (And I mean really cooperated we also rarely had rain and we had some really hot days but we actually had cool days too).

20D4BBA1-D21F-475D-914E-94E6D9791AD2.jpeg

I had the best time with Samantha, and I loved showing her HHN and watching a million Lifetime movies with her.

IMG_1214.jpeg

I'm so glad I have video memories of all those nights, and photographic evidence of the least photogenic MNSSHP ever. :rotfl:

IMG_2150.jpeg

Josh and I also had such a good time the rest of the week at HHN.

IMG_2332.jpeg

It was great to see Alyssa and Zack again this year at HHN, and we had so much fun with them too.

IMG_2529.jpeg

Other things I loved: The merch this year at HHN was incredible and I went to the Tribute Store (and bought something) almost every night. I loved that the Killer Klowns were back, I went through that house every night. It was really cool to meet Ryno from The Dis, and he was so nice in person. Even though I'm not a Star Wars fan seeing Batuu & trying Blue Milk was fun. (Luckily no one made me be in a Star Wars). :rotfl: We also got to check out Universal's first pop up, and ride Hagrid's (which with the wait time prior to us going I hadn't been sure we'd get on it). Gran Destino was beautiful with incredible views. And seeing Everclear in Epcot was my 90's kid dream come true.

IMG_2421.jpeg

On the food front I had three different kinds of poutine, learned I love S'mores Fries, ate my weight in breakfast lasagna, and had many other delicious things. (All of which can be found in my DTR).

This is the first year I've gotten to go to HHN for 6 nights, and I was both extremely satisfied with that number, and I also feel like there's never enough HHN. I know not everyone loved this year's houses, and I may have loved it more because of the people I was with, but I've never had a bad year at HHN.
I was really surprised by both Hellbilly Deluxe and House of 1000 Corpses which I didn't think I'd like going into things.

IMG_0986.jpeg

My favorite houses were Killer Klowns, Us, Ghostbusters, & Graveyard Games. Marathon of Mayhem was also incredible, and I really can't wait to see what they do next year! With the lagoon show, and in general). Our first year at HHN was also an anniversary year, but I didn't know much about the event then so I missed out on a lot, so I'm really excited to see what the 30th brings! :hyper:

This is our first longer September trip in awhile, and it definitely made me remember why we first started going in September. We plan to go back again for 9-10 days this year, so hopefully the weather cooperates again! I think the vlogs for this trip are so much fun, and I loved reliving things when I edited them. (Especially the giant ducks and weird KFC biscuit :rotfl:).

IMG_2815.jpeg

And with that my TR is over, but I'll see ya real soon!

Last edited:
I will be starting my PTR for our 2020 trips this week though because I got the approval for my dates!
Woohoo! :woohoo:

However there is also the possibility in the next year our company will be sold to new owners which makes me kind of nervous. Supposedly, they wouldn't be looking to change much, and staffing would generally stay the same but they don't know anything for sure yet because we have no idea when it'll happen.
I'm hoping if it's sold, the transition will be smooth and nothing major will change.

My brother went away to basic training in October, and he just came back last week for his 2 week Christmas break:
He looks so grown up! I hope basic went well for him. :goodvibes

I'd seen a lot of cute Disney stuff around the parks, but nothing I absolutely had to have; which is good because I think I bought half the HHN merch.
:rotfl2:

(Luckily no one made me be in a Star Wars). :rotfl:
Phew! :laughing:

What another wonderful trip, Raeven! Thanks for sharing it with us :goodvibes I'm hopping over to your PTR now! :thumbsup2

I'm hoping if it's sold, the transition will be smooth and nothing major will change.

Me too! That's what they've told us so far, but no one really knows yet.

He looks so grown up! I hope basic went well for him. :goodvibes

He does! He's back there for another couple months. He misses home of course and his girlfriend, but he's been doing good.

I was scared :rotfl:

What another wonderful trip, Raeven! Thanks for sharing it with us :goodvibes I'm hopping over to your PTR now! :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading along! I'll see you over there!

I have nothing to say about the topic, I just want to thank the OP for the brilliant Bojack reference.

Your trip reports are always an easy read and nicely detailed

Looking forward to your future trips as I always learn more and see things I did not get pictures of while I was at the parks

Your trip reports are always an easy read and nicely detailed

Looking forward to your future trips as I always learn more and see things I did not get pictures of while I was at the parks

Aw thank you! I enjoy having you along!

Another fabulous trip report Raeven.......

I always enjoy reading them and yes, it’s full of fun and very entertaining with great pictures too!!!

Look forward to the next one........ :wave2:

Glad you had a great trip. I really enjoyed reading about it and can't wait to hear what you have planned for this year.

Me too! That's what they've told us so far, but no one really knows yet.
My fingers will be crossed for you that all stays the same! (or... hey, better would be fine, too!) ;)

He does! He's back there for another couple months. He misses home of course and his girlfriend, but he's been doing good.
I bet he does. But I'm glad he's doing well :goodvibes

Another fabulous trip report Raeven.......

I always enjoy reading them and yes, it’s full of fun and very entertaining with great pictures too!!!

Look forward to the next one........ :wave2:

Thank you!

Glad you had a great trip. I really enjoyed reading about it and can't wait to hear what you have planned for this year.

Thanks for following along!

My fingers will be crossed for you that all stays the same! (or... hey, better would be fine, too!) ;)

I agree, better would be fine with me :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!