What is the scoop on XMas Eve in Magic Kingdom?

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
Please tell me how bad/crowded it'll be? I just booked the Terrace view dessert party (although I know the view is better from the Plaza viewing, but having a seat and away from what I think will be a mass crowd, seemed like a better idea). But curious as to how the rest of the park is throughout the day/night. Last time we were there over the holiday, we had a VERY early flight out on Christmas morning so we didn't even want to consider MK. This year we have the last flight out Christmas night and we're going all out Christmas Eve.

We did Christmas Eve 2017 in MK. It was crowded but we managed fine and loved it. We saw the line of cars and waits for Christmas morning to MK and glad we decided on Epcot for Christmas Day and MK Christmas Eve. We stayed offsite and drove in Christmas Eve morning and had no problems parking or getting into MK. We had our FP’s and still were able to get that 4th, 5th, etc FP and do the attractions we wanted. Seeing the fireworks was very crowded, that was the most crowded part for us, and you will be glad to have that dessert party, I’m sure! We had lunch and dinner ADR’s and glad we had those times to sit and be out of the crowds.

We did Christmas Eve 2017 in MK. It was crowded but we managed fine and loved it. We saw the line of cars and waits for Christmas morning to MK and glad we decided on Epcot for Christmas Day and MK Christmas Eve. We stayed offsite and drove in Christmas Eve morning and had no problems parking or getting into MK. We had our FP’s and still were able to get that 4th, 5th, etc FP and do the attractions we wanted. Seeing the fireworks was very crowded, that was the most crowded part for us, and you will be glad to have that dessert party, I’m sure! We had lunch and dinner ADR’s and glad we had those times to sit and be out of the crowds.

Thank you - I think you also answered what park we should go to on Christmas Day. Was tossed between DHS and Epcot (we're staying @ BC and getting a DME pickup around 5:30 p.m.)

We were there that day last year. We drove to Epcot from BC and parked there then took the monorail to MK. It wasn't really early morning but I recall that my friend and I went to get coffee and breakfast sandwiches from the Starbucks on Main Street while the guys went up to the second floor balcony at the train station at the front of the park so it wasn't too late (we hadn't had breakfast yet). We specifically wanted to see the parade and thought the morning one would be better than coming for the later one or on Christmas Day. The Starbucks lines were pretty long although they moved well and there were only a few people on the balcony, though the middle part of it was roped off. Great vantage point for the parade especially if you're trying to take pictures. We left MK about 12:30-1:00 pm when it was starting to get busier and headed out to HS for the afternoon after first picking up the car at Epcot.

I think by later afternoon, it will be very crowded and doing the party is probably a wise decision. We did go on Christmas Day (left BC at 5:15 am!! ugh) and by 11 am it was starting to get extremely busy. We left and saw the lineup of cars trying to get into the parking lot stretching back I don't know how many miles. We then went to AK which wasn't too bad and parking was no problem there.

In 2016, we did MK Christmas Eve and Epcot Christmas Day. We were there from the 18th-26th and every day leading up to Christmas you could notice it getting busier and busier. As long as you have a plan, you'll have a great time!

We were at MK for Christmas Eve in 2018. in fact, we left the park just before midnight and were on the bus back to our resort at midnight. someone yelled "Merry Christmas" and the whole bus replied in unison. Was pretty cool. We felt the park was manageable, esp the later it was and everyone was in a festive mood.

We skipped doing a park on Christmas Day and spent the day in Disney Springs. By mid-afternoon, even that was crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts