What is the one thing you take home with you from the parks?

PrincessRianne

Mouseketeer
I know everyone out there has one thing that they cannot leave Disneyworld without.....mine happens to be some sort of Disney themed food...whether it be a chocolate or bag of pretzles. Its a big pickme up to save it for a week or so after the trip when your sitting there going "Its over already!?!"
On the last day of our trip last time, we got some desert at Norweigh in Epcot, one of hte almond covered pretzles, and brought it home. It was kinda cool seeing food from Disney all the way at my home in RI. hehe. ( I know, weird, but I hope im not alone out there. lol.)

So, what is it?

:mickeybar Rianne :mickeybar

I usually pick up a dvd, like one that you cant usually find at Best Buy or Wal Mart. That way I can watch it when I get home...

Sorta dumb, but that's what I do.

yano those fun twirly straws? Yep lame I know, but those keep me goin as well as a new juice glass every trip!

omg i take home different stuff every time. i'm all about the souvenirs. my last trip it was stuff from MGM - i got an indiana jones hat and some random thing from ToT. before that i got a HM 'golden key' and a giant eeyore for my girlfriend.

also when i'm not able to go to the parks for a while, i usually mail-order something from them. that way i get something sent to me and when i open it i'm like 'this was in the parks like 2 days ago.'

I didnt know you could mail order things from the parks. How do you go about doing that? If you dont mind me asking. :p

And whats this golden key you speak of? lol

theres a phone number you can call, and they connect you to any of the stores in any of the parks. if i can find it i'll post it.
one time i called and had them transfer me to the japan superstore in WS, another time the china store, and another time the Tatooine Traders store in MGM/DS.

the golden key is just a little souvenir, a golden skeleton key with the HM logo on it. supposed to be a keychain, but definitely way too big to be a keychain.

if i had a digicam i'd take a picture... but i don't.

I am such a nerd... I take napkins from the various places. lol. Only the ones that have some sort of logo or something on them, but yeah. Its fun. I also have a collection of shot glasses from all the parks with the current year on it.

Ever since I was little I've gotten usually one plush for each trip. My parents and grandparents went before I was born and bought a Minnie and a Mickey that became mine when I was born. Plus I usually get a tshirt or a sweatshirt. When I went to DL, I got a small plush of Minnie in a kimono. When in world showcase, I try to get the bubble candy in that really large Japanese store. Whenever I want that candy, I have to travel to get it, so either to Seattle, Portland, or WDW. Those are the only places I know that have it... it's just so yummy! :goodvibes

pirate: Jen pirate:

My boyfriend and I love to go to disney world!! We've been twice in the past year...soon to be three this summer. If I could take something home with me...I would take Space Mountain! LOL...but since thats not possible..I usually like to take home a stuffed animal...or those neat trading pins. On our last trip I got like 4 or 5 and bought the necklace with the holder on it for your ticket! We did the Leave A Legacy thing at EPCOT in November...and thats cool...you can't really take it with you...but it will always be there when you come back.

Well, I haven't been to the World yet, but I've been to Disneyland lots of times and I ALWAYS get a box of fudge. All the candy stores have a deal where you can get six pieces for the price of four. YUM

KtGCheeks said:
I am such a nerd... I take napkins from the various places. lol. Only the ones that have some sort of logo or something on them, but yeah. Its fun. I also have a collection of shot glasses from all the parks with the current year on it.

Even though I haven't been to WDW since I was 14, I always like the "freebies" (napkins, etc.). It's also really fun to read old menus.

When I go back (later this year) I plan on doing those coin-presses. Cheap and neat.

I recently started the tradition of taking home a plush also, except I buy muppets and plan to until I have all of them:). :cool1:

Tink the Rock Star said:
When in world showcase, I try to get the bubble candy in that really large Japanese store.

Bubble candy? Do tell. I always -have- to get candy from Norway...but I can't remember the name of it at the moment. :earboy2: Of course pins! I must always get pins. I -always- shop in the world showcase. I plan on shopping at every country. :teeth:

Last time I went to Disney *in '01 or so*, I got lots of Disney pins. Now I wanna go back, 'cause you can only find the Disney pins online or through E-bay or something. I would really love to get an Italian pin from Italy in Epcot, since I'm half Italian. :)

DisHornFan said:
I recently started the tradition of taking home a plush also, except I buy muppets and plan to until I have all of them:). :cool1:

Same here. I don't really collect any certain ones though, I just pick out a random one.

when ever i go i try to get a peppermint pig, they used to sell them in downtown disney now the only place you can get them is the saratoga springs hotel. there very yummy.

BluesTravlr00 said:
theres a phone number you can call, and they connect you to any of the stores in any of the parks. if i can find it i'll post it.

Phone: 407-363-6200 Fax: 407-352-6369
or e-mail wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com

describe what you want, and where you seen it (if you know where you saw it of course)

I just got home yesterday from WDW and I got a shirt like always and some pins. My two favorite pins I got were limited edition Featured Artist pin that was a Pop Art Pooh and a pin for Alien Encounter, since that was one of my favorite rides/shows. My boyfriend also gets pins, usually only Lilo and Stitch ones, and of course he's fond of the t-chirt idea as well.

I didn't get the bubble candy this time since I have a stock pile here at home from my last trip to Uwajimiya in Seattle. Poohkie- the bubble candy is really neat,it's a hard candy and each piece is pretty big, about half the size of a ping pong ball, maybe a bit bigger. But I really don't know what it's called, I should ask my best friend, she might know since she just got back from living in Japan for six months. I call it bubble candy because it kind of fizzes in your mouth, the brand I get comes in five different flavors, strawberry, lemon, grape, cider, and cola. The cola actually tastes just like coke or pepsi, but is just a bit sweeter, the cider one is my favorite (which is also the flavor you get the fewest of... go figure) but the taste is hard to describe. And strawberry, grape and lemon all taste like their soda counterparts. So basically it's like a can of pop rolled into a a piece of hard candy. I don't know any other way to describe it.

And my dad and I also get candy at Norway, but like our last trip, they didn't have any in. It's called Troika, it's dark chocolate with a raspberry and marzipan filling. :goodvibes yummy.... Anyone else ever have that?

Oh, and uptown_girl44, what's a peppermint pig?

If you couldn't tell, I also like to bring home candy from different places in Epcot. I've been raised on foreign candy. One of my favorite Christmas presents in preschool was a calendar to count down the days til christmas, and everyday you would take tab and pull it up to reveal a piece of Swiss chocolate. So I guess that's why I love it so much more than American candy... although I can go for the occasional Hershey bar :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter