What is the Kilimangaro Club concierge view at AKL?

cgcruz

In Disney Bliss
What kind of view/room is it??? Is it a real concierge room? Also, what is the difference between standard room and value room? I'm seriously considering buying DVC and trying to decide between AKV and SSR.

Do you think once AKV is fully built , the Annual Dues at AKV will be a lot more than SSR?

Thanks!

What kind of view/room is it??? Is it a real concierge room? Also, what is the difference between standard room and value room? I'm seriously considering buying DVC and trying to decide between AKV and SSR.

Do you think once AKV is fully built , the Annual Dues at AKV will be a lot more than SSR?

Thanks!

I think there are only going to be 5 1 bedroom and studio lock offs in the KCC level. They are going to be made from the former concierge rooms at AKL and are being tunred over to AKV sometime next year after they have been reworked.

Value rooms are rooms that will be smaller in size and will include all views, including savanna. Standard rooms are regular size rooms, but may not be savanna view. Savanna view rooms are guaranteeing just that view. Annual dues are already higher than at SSR. We purchased extra points at AKV anyway, because we really wanted to stay with a savanna view.

FYI, they are starting construction on the new building, and the new barn for the DVC savanna is well underway right now.

With the concierge-level rooms, one can only request a savanna view. You will receive either a savanna view or a pool view.

I am not sure if you are asking about the new DVC rooms are a regular room.

However, my biggest complaint with the AK Concerige is that you can be paying a LOT of money for a view of a swimming pool. So far I have not felt it was worth the risk. If I stay at AK, I am staying for the view. If someday I get lucky on one of the FEW concerige DVC locations maybe I will give it a try.

I just recieved my paperwork to buy into DVC AKL for the first time. :banana: It is very specific about the views for each different option...

Value: these rooms are only in the existing Animal Kingdom Lodge building, they are smaller and can have Savannah or Standard views. They only sleep 4 or 8, not the 5 or 9 that the other AKV rooms will allow.

Standard: These rooms have views of the parking lot, pool, or other, no Savannah.

Savannah view: Obviously, they have views of the Savannah.

Concierge: You can have either Standard or Savannah view but you will have access to the Kilimangaro Club for Concierge Services, food and beverages.

Good stuff. The only concern I have is it I choose to use the extra points to go Concierge, you will not be able to guarantee a Savannah View.

Anyway, I am so excited!!!

Poohmom :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter