What is the greatest TV show of all time?

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
Comedy and Drama, and why do you pick them

All in the Family -It was good, and talked issues that were left untouched before it

Breaking Bad - I loved it, but feel there are better that Im mssing

[QUOTE="Toolulu22, post: 59941924, member: 546230"Reply]

Comedy- Seinfeld. The chemistry of those four- so funny![/QUOTE]

if i see a rerun that i seen 5 times before, I still laugh

Runners up: Comedy- the Middle. I can’t wait to get the boxed set and watch it from the beginning. That show never got old. Coach was one of my favorites back in the day.
Drama: Weeds, Shameless, Dexter, Fargo. I loved a series called Red Oaks. There were only 3 seasons, but I recommend it- really good show. Goliath is a newer series that is really good, and the first season of Castle Rock was also good.

[QUOTE="Toolulu22, post: 59941924, member: 546230"Reply]

Comedy- Seinfeld. The chemistry of those four- so funny!

if i see a rerun that i seen 5 times before, I still laugh[/QUOTE]
Me too. I sometimes use lines from that show, but my students now don’t know what the hey I’m talking about.

Runners up: Comedy- the Middle. I can’t wait to get the boxed set and watch it from the beginning. That show never got old. Coach was one of my favorites back in the day.
Drama: Weeds, Shameless, Dexter, Fargo. I loved a series called Red Oaks. There were only 3 seasons, but I recommend it- really good show. Goliath is a newer series that is really good, and the first season of Castle Rock was also good.

I agree with coach, I forgot about that show but loved it, and also a big fan of the Middle, did you here they are making a spin off, called Sue Sue in the City https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9085140/

Drama: Game of Thrones (though really Fantasy) and Westworld (more SciFi really)
Comedy: The Office and Southpark...dropping Soutpark and adding Curb Your Enthusiam to the Office

Last edited:
I love a lot already mentioned!
Comedy- I Love Lucy
Drama - ER or China Beach

Comedy - Friends
Comedy, Honorable Mentions - The Office, Mad About You, and, more recently, The Middle

Drama - LOST
Drama, Honorable Mentions - 24, The 100

Guilty Pleasure - Grey's Anatomy - I can't quit with this show.

And I have to mention "Black Sails" which would actually probably be my very favorite show, but (1) there are just 4 seasons & (2), since it was a STARZ show, I don't think it has the universal appeal that a show like LOST has. However, I absolutely loved it & became slightly obsessed w/ it while DH & I were binge-watching it. "Black Sails" was so superbly acted, & many of the lines were down-right literary in their exquisite-ness & execution. Toby Stephens, as Captain Flint, was mesmerizing. And I am in love w/ the pirate Charles Vane.

Shows like "LOST," "The 100," & "Black Sails" have so many different layers & nuances & interesting characters & "talking points"... Essays could be written on some of the characters & themes presented.

Last edited:
Comedy: Seinfeld, The Good Place
Drama: I am partial to science fiction so I am going with Star Trek deep Space 9, Stargate SG-1 and Babylon 5.

Guilty Pleasure: Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal

I'm going to show my age, but I'm going with:

Comedy: Beverly Hillbillies
Drama: Little House on the Prairie (for nostalgic reasons)

We recently binge watched Beverly Hillbillies & laughed just as hard as we did, when we originally watched it. We didn't see all of the original airings & loved the episodes that we hadn't seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!