What is the Disney dining experience card?

DSNY4ever

I am going to keep hunting
I have heard Kevin refer to this several times during his dining reviews and how he gets 20% of etc. with this. I couldn't find anything on the dining forums- Anyone know what the Disney dining experience card is and how you get it?

The Disney Dining Experience offers Florida Residents and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney Dining plan restaurants. It is a membership program with annual fees.

The Disney Dining Discount is not available on holidays including New Year’s Eve, Year Year’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Certain restrictions may be applicable. Participation is subject to change. To view Disney World Restaurant menus click here.

More here.. http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneydiningexperience.htm :goodvibes

It's a great deal, but I swear you would not BELIEVE how many cast members have looked at my card and said "what's that?" I had to show them the sheet of paper with the restaurants and counter services that provide the discount. :rolleyes:

The Disney Dining Experience offers Florida Residents and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney Dining plan restaurants. It is a membership program with annual fees.

Maybe I was dreaming, but I could swear I heard them say on a pod cast I was listening to yesterday that actually anyone could purchase the DDE, but that it was $85 so you would have to decide if it would be worth it if you weren't a passholder who goes all the time. I remember, because I was surprised when I heard them say it and was thinking about checking into it for my next trip.

I just ordered my Disney Dinning Experience card and I paid $60 as annual passholder. I do believe it is $85 for Florida residence. At this time it is only available to annual passholders and Florida residence.:cool1:

I love our DDE card. We like to eat at nice restaurants but don't follow a "dining plan format." We could just get some appetizers or share or not eat a set number of meals per day. We have saved so much money. Once we met my husbands family and used it for whatever the max is, like 10 people - I think we almost made up the cost of the card in the one meal.

Another tip, at certain hotels you can use the card in the food courts if there is no table service restaurant. So when we stay at POFQ or POP we can also use the card for our food court meals. Its not much but it still adds up and pays for itself pretty quickly.

Ok, I knew I wasn't dreaming...if you listen to Kevin's review of the Plaza Restaurant in MK, (March 13, 2007 podcast) he talks about the dining card and he mentions it's only for Passholders and Corey says "No, no anyone can buy the DDE card." and then Pete says the same thing "Anyone can be the dining card for $80." Sooooo, I am not crazy, I knew I heard that. Not saying it's correct, but I knew I heard them say anyone could buy the DDE card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter