What is the deal with Rae Dunn?

@#1hoosierfan I googled it and found some dog bowls on Amazon. They were like $30. Could have been 3rd party mark up, I really didn't pay too much attention.

It is. The only places that sell her stuff are TJ Max, Homegoods, and Marshall’s. The resale markup is ridiculous. I would never pay those prices. If you want to see teal craziness look up the prices on Mercari.

It is. The only places that sell her stuff are TJ Max, Homegoods, and Marshall’s. The resale markup is ridiculous. I would never pay those prices. If you want to see teal craziness look up the prices on Mercari.

That came up in the Google search too LOL

Where are you all getting that it’s expensive?

Bowls are around $5. Mugs are $5. The most expensive things are some of the canisters and they are $20.

I get tons of compliments on my Rae Dunn things. My house is all farmhouse style, though. I didn’t pay much for it, and when it goes out of style in a few years, I’ll give it away and get all new stuff. For now it makes me happy to drink out of my “puppy love” or “dog mom” mug and my dogs drinking from their “rescued” bowl, but we are tacky like that....

I’m with you. I purchased the 5 items I have because they’re cute, and make me smile. The most $ I’ve spent was $12 for a two pack of ornaments that say Naughty and Nice. I also paid $9 for a 2-pack of coffee mugs that say His and Hers, and a little $6 sugar bowl that says Sweet. They all match my decor nicely, and when I’m over them, I’m out less than $30. I would never pay the markup prices...they don’t make me that happy. Heck, I love going to WDW, but don’t want any of it in my decor. To each his own!

Kirkland's sells Rae Dunn.

I had no idea what this was until I googled it. Yes, it is all over TJ Maxx and Homegoods. I actually have a couple holiday candles that I bought to put with gc’s for teacher gifts. They were $6. The stuff is cute but I would never pay inflated prices for it.

Where are you all getting that it’s expensive?

Bowls are around $5. Mugs are $5. The most expensive things are some of the canisters and they are $20.

I get tons of compliments on my Rae Dunn things. My house is all farmhouse style, though. I didn’t pay much for it, and when it goes out of style in a few years, I’ll give it away and get all new stuff. For now it makes me happy to drink out of my “puppy love” or “dog mom” mug and my dogs drinking from their “rescued” bowl, but we are tacky like that....

I just googled and got multiple results that I thought were high. Not necessarily the mugs, but some of the other pieces.

You are right. They just started selling it a few months ago. I only collect the “large letter” stuff, and that is not sold at Kirkland’s. Now that you mention it, I think Hobby Lobby might sell some of the glassware.
Kirkland's sells Rae Dunn.

I like the clean lines of it, but it is way too boring for my tastes. I know people who go nuts for it, though. I don't understand, but there are a lot of those things I don't get - Vera Bradley, Rae Dunn, expensive makeup, Yankee Candle, etc.

I pretty much stop liking anything that goes into turbo-mode with people. I may like it initially, but I lose interest in things that turn into fads (rose gold, for instance). Nothing against the actual items, everything against frenzy buying.

I think it's cute in a trendy, funky way.....Prices of the stuff I've seen our totally reasonable. Granted I don't have any of it but I tend to not go crazy buying stuff for the house like that. But if I found something I loved I would snag it up.

yeah.... it's everywhere here....and sooooo cheap at Marshalls etc,I was shocked when a friend who's really into told me about the FB groups and trading reselling and fighting over it all....it's not my cup of tea(even if the cup says tea lol)

I have my own style of what makes me happy and seldom influenced by trends. Some things like this are soooo expensive and so not worth it (to me).

I don't see the beauty or worth in Vera Bradley items and hate the disorder of throwing things altogether in the handbags. I see them often at Goodwill with the handles all frayed. Can't imagine paying their prices of something that doesn't hold up at all. But, understand to each their own.

I have my own style of what makes me happy and seldom influenced by trends. Some things like this are soooo expensive and so not worth it (to me).

I don't see the beauty or worth in Vera Bradley items and hate the disorder of throwing things altogether in the handbags. I see them often at Goodwill with the handles all frayed. Can't imagine paying their prices of something that doesn't hold up at all. But, understand to each their own.

With regard to Vera Bradley - it depends. The cotton pieces don't hold up well but I have a Vera Bradley polyester backpack that I carry to work every day (for the past four years) and take it on three trips by air every year, shoving it under the seat in front of me. It cleans up beautifully in the washing machine. No stains, rips, nothing. It was definitely a bargain!

Never heard of it before opening this thread!

I didn't know it had a "designer" attached to it. I had seen it but assumed it was some sort of Magnolia farmhouse knock-off. My daughter received a mug for Christmas but only because it had her name on it - very random. Honestly? The mug looks like something made in a beginner's pottery class - kind of wonky.

Never heard of it. the stores that were mentioned are all one conglomerate so basically it’s a “store” line of merchandise at their price point ..
people collect for various reasons. To each his/her own. Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!