What is the coolest place

Not the coolest place, it was a garage. Yet it was the best time with Y2K scare and the whole end of the world. Plus we had to party like it was 1999. We had a blast. I don’t remember too much of that night, except the countdown with Dick Clark and kissing soon the be DH.

We were on an NCL ship a few years ago. We normally don't celebrate but it was fun. Each bar/ lounge had a different themed party. Balloon drops, streamers. My teens loved it!

On board the Disney Magic 2003/2004. Huge party in the atrium. Free champagne.
Only night that everyone wasn't in bed by 930 pm! They stayed up until 12:05 am! I swear 5 minutes after Midnight, everyone left. We took our kids up on the sports deck and watch the stars and islands go by until 1 am

When I was in college, went to a friend's house in Philadelphia for NYE -- several people from my HS band days were there. Had Chinese food and watched Schwarzenegger movies all night. Then went into Philly for the Mummers Parade the next day. It was laid-back, but really fun.

When I was nearly 9 months pregnant with DS, we went to our only NYE party we've been to - I'd won tickets for a big band party at our hotel, and a separate win for free dinner at the hotel, which we chose to use before the party. It was actually a great time in spite of being so pregnant.

London. Went to see a show in the West End. It started lightly snowing as we rode in a pedicab back to the hotel. The streets were closed to traffic and everyone was celebrating in the streets as we rode by. I was pure magic.

In 2011 my husband won a trip for 2 to LA for 3 nights, including air and hotel (Sheraton Universal), where we went to Universal for the day and then on NYE we were VIP guests of the Hollywood Babble On Podcast hosted by Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman (met both of them along with Jason Mewes). All food and booze covered as well. Was a very fun trip, esp since it was kid-free :thumbsup2

For a while I was on a streak of some reaaaaallllly good NYE vacations.
- Epcot with my family when I was in High School
- NYC to watch the ball drop while in college (a friend went to NYU, and had a friend who lived a few blocks from Times Square. So we stayed at their apt. until 11:45 and then just went out on to the sidewalk and watched the ball. Only way I'd ever deal with that chaos!!)
- The National Mall in Washington DC for Y2K
- London for 2001
- Paris for 2002

Then I got married and had kids... and we spent Monday night at home playing board games and watching the Magic Kingdom live stream on tv. And it was absolutely as awesome as any of the big trips.

1999 - I was in London and invited to a private party at the Tower of London. It was such a cool once in a lifetime experience! I was solo on that trip but ended up making lots of friends.

Nowhere cool LOL. For Y2k, they were broadcasting celebrations all day long from various countries, so there was a countdown every hour, all day long. Our kids were 5 and 3, and we spent the entire day in our waterbed, eating junk food, watching all the celebrations. It's was certainly nothing cool, but it's been our most memorable.

We did 2000 in vegas, it was pretty fun

We were there for NYE 2001, right after 9/11 so security was very tight which made the crowds INSANE. After the fireworks it took FOREVER to get back to our hotel, you couldn't even move on the sidewalks, the crowds were so tight I swear at one point my feet left the ground, it made me so panicky!

I've been to New Year's parties, with and without alcohol. I've done quiet nights at home. But I really enjoyed this year. I took my wife and youngest son to Alamo Drafthouse, where we had dinner and watched Aquaman. Then we got home, and watched the local countdown (we're CST, so the ball drops an hour early). We now want to plan on going to a movie every New year's Eve.

First Night in Akron. Might not sound exciting but the 1st few years it was awesome. We haven't been in a long time so not sure how good it is now.

First Night in Akron. Might not sound exciting but the 1st few years it was awesome. We haven't been in a long time so not sure how good it is now.

We must be neighbors! I live in Stark County. I do remember reading that after 22 years First Night was cancelled for 2018 NYE, so sadly it looks like it is no more.

On a guided missile Destroyer in the Caribbean. Not a cruise ship but not your average NYE experience, either, so overall I'd say pretty cool.

Aquaman is the worse film I have ever seen. Who makes this stuff? It was awful. Mary Poppins Returns is far better film. What I hate is people see Aquaman rather than things that have quality behind them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter