What is the coolest day you have ever experienced?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi! I used to live in Winnipeg. I remember -40ºC days! The wind chill was even colder than that! Advisory was not to even go outside! YIKES! S

Don't you mean "Winterpeg", Sandra? ;) A neighbour got transferred there and that's what he called it. Too cold for me!!! :eek:

and they are complaining about 40+ in Florida!LOL

Bring it on! Anything is better than what we are having right now!

See you guys on February 9!

I'll try to bring back the warmer weather! Bringing two big suitcases!
One for Souvenirs and one for the Sunshine and Warmth!LOL

TTFN

Scratch
:smooth:

I've lived here in Winnipeg (<i> Winterpeg ;) </i>) all my life, so I've certainly experienced those VERY cold days.

It was funny in that today didn't feel *nearly* as cold as it has been, and I just checked the weather now and it's a -35 windchill! :p That's pretty bad when -35 windchill feels "not quite as cold" LOL!

It's warmer here today ~ -7ºC, windchill -15ºC.

I guess it's all in the way you look at it, #1. If -35ºC windchill is an improvement over what you've been having, I'd say that's cause to celebrate! :eek:

I'm in Winterpeg, and the temp the other day, with windchill thrown in, was -44. Someone mentioned -50 at noon one day, but I don't know for sure.

Makes -20 seem downright balmy, doesn't it?!

I remember one November a couple years ago, it was 11ºC and I was in my shorts! S

Oh Yeah, one time when I was a kid (maybe about 11 years old), my younger sister and brother and I were swimming in an outdoor pool in North Carolina, it was 60ºF outside. Four people walked by and said, "Are you kids from Canada?" We said, 'YES! How did you know?" They just walked away laughing hysterically. My parents had to explain that not everyone swims outside when it's only 60ºF. "OH" we said.

S

I use to travel on business to Timmins, Ont. from Toronto, once it was -32*C with windchill -50*C and I wasn't even going at the coldest time year!
uhoh2.gif
-(me turning into a popsicle)
Then in then later I went to Texas 102*F with a humidex 120*F
flame.gif
-hot but loving it.
Talk about a year of extremes!COLD BAD, HEAT VEEEEERRRRRYYYY GOOOD!

Hey everybody!!!!!
I spent 5 years in Northern Ontario and I think my coldest day was in Timmins also...I was up there with my daughter for a figure skating competition...it was -42 degrees and sunny... two weeks later I was in the Dominican 104 degrees and sunny....bring it on!!!! Thats how we got hooked on travelling...it always seemed like a luxury but when your living 30 kms south of the Arctic watershed (at that points all rivers flow north) it becomes a necessity of life!!!!LOL:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter