what is the best way to make reservations?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
Ok people. Be patient with me.
Though I know just about everything there is to know about WDW, I know nothing, nada, zero, about DLP, its hotels, making reservations, getting there on the Eurostar, etc etc etc etc etc.

so.....here's the story.

We're making our annual trip to WDW in July.
So we were thinking of making a quick trip to London and DLP at the beginning of August.

We'll fly into London, spend a few days doing the sightseeing bit with the other 40 gazillion tourists who flood London in the summer (i've been there, but my family never has), and then I figured we could take the Eurostar straight to DLP for a 3 day stay, then back to London, then back home.

So the question is, what is the best way to make reservations at a DLP hotel? Is there a direct number like Central Reservations for WDW?
How does one make reservations on the Eurostar?
Is there a way to combine the two? If so, is that a good thing to do?

I'm sure there are other things I should be asking, but I'm so clueless, I don't even know what to ask.

My choice for hotels is the Castle Club in the Disneyland Hotel, if that makes a difference in terms of how or with whom we can make reservations.

thanks in advance!!

I'm sure you can book what you want online, or ring reservations - but I don't have that number to hand. I'll try and find it, or somebody else may know. :)

We always book the Eurostar and DLRP hotel separately. You can book Eurostar here: www.eurostar.com - it goes direct from Waterloo station in London to the gates of DLP.

Are you from the US? If so, for regular rooms at DLP, you can actually make the reservations either through www.disneylandparis.com or from WDW's central reservation number (either the toll-free one or 407-W-DISNEY). For Castle Club, you must call DLP directly (use the number for UK residents). This number is open during European business hours, so plan to call earlier in the day.

thanks.
We're americans but we don't live in the US, nor in the UK (nor anywhere in Europe for that matter).

But I'll use the UK number, as I assume that will have an English speaker at the other end (my French is far too rusty to attempt reservations).

We decided on combining London with DLP because I love London and very much want the kids to see it and love it as I do, my son is dying to ride the Eurostar, and we wouldn't mind another visit to DLP (we took a day trip there from Paris about 5 years ago)....
so all in all, the combination with London might work out nicely.....

Sounds like a great trip Beth! Especially if you are staying Castle Club at the DLH :teeth:

I think so too. I only thought of it last week, but I'm really warming to the idea.

In any case, thanks for the information.

Hi Beth

nice to see you over in DLP boards. As you get into planning ask away. We all love planning on these boards as well :sunny:

Reid

the DLP board has improved greatly since I last visited the disboards......i haven't been around for about 6 months - working too workaholically to manage any time away......

Butting in to ask if there is another site other than the DLP site to get quotes for packages/rooms? I've tried the "quote online" from the DLP site on 3 different browsers and have struck problems with each! I used the email option but got a reply this morning saying they are too busy to quote by email and to go to their website or call them (which would be a PIA with different time zones and given that I am in Australia it could be an expensive phone call if I'm put on hold!).

feralgeorge said:
Butting in to ask if there is another site other than the DLP site to get quotes for packages/rooms? I've tried the "quote online" from the DLP site on 3 different browsers and have struck problems with each! I used the email option but got a reply this morning saying they are too busy to quote by email and to go to their website or call them (which would be a PIA with different time zones and given that I am in Australia it could be an expensive phone call if I'm put on hold!).

If you e-mail them and explain the situation of being in a very different time zone and having to make an incredibly expensive long distance call, they will e-mail a quote (at least that worked for me). I don't remember how long it took, though. Once I got the quote, they also sent a contract as an e-mail attachment to hold & confirm the reservation that you could either mail or fax back. ::MinnieMo

feralgeorge said:

Is your browser blocking pop-ups at all? I had problems getting the prices until I stopped my pop up bocker for DLP.com. Sorry if you've already thought of that one! :blush:

Thanks - I was having problems with the pick-lists - one browser wouldn't let me choose the package type and the other wouldn't give an option for children so the price was inaccurate - but I managed to get it to work in IE. As I'm looking at the non-Disney hotels I also looked at each individual website and it seems like I would save quite a bit by booking them with the hotel instead of through DLP - we did this last time with the Hotel L'Elysee.

Hi,

I'm a bit slow off the mark with this one - but if its not too late, we booked all our reservations on 0033160304050. We could book all the restaurants on this number except, King Ludvigs, Planet Hollywood and Rainforest cafe. We had no problems at all doing it this way - although I did double check at check in that everything was confirmed. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter