What is the best way to get a CM recognized?

Euby

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering what is the best way to recognize a cast member for making things magical :wizard: and providing outstanding service (especially those in non-tipped positions).

I've seen on other posts some guests carry around thank you cards to give them, but was hoping to do something for "official". Their job can be thankless at times.

What have you done? Any CM's have a suggestion?

:thanks:

I've gone to city hall in MK and told them about the CM.

We were on the train and stopped in frontier land. Looking down there was a meet and greet going on with Jesse and Woody. Jesse was meeting with a special needs child who didn't have control of his head. Jesse kept moving her hand to try to shield him from staring into the sun.

I wrote down the time I saw this and on the way out the part, I stopped at city hall and mentioned about Jesse. They took it from there.

In addition to the above, you can tweet @WDWToday with the hashtag #CastCompliment. They will pass it along and sometimes print out your tweet, take a picture of the CM holding it, and reply to you with the photo.

In addition to the above, you can tweet @WDWToday with the hashtag #CastCompliment. They will pass it along and sometimes print out your tweet, take a picture of the CM holding it, and reply to you with the photo.

I'm not on Twitter, but I'm sure someone can use this info! Thanks!

The best way in my opinion is to take down the CM's name and the area that they are working and go to guest services in that park or at that resort or at Disney Springs... where ever the CM is working and let them know how amazing that CM is.

I used the @WDWToday twitter to have a CM in Disney Springs recognized. I think it's probably a great way to have someone recognized since it has to go through so many channels! When I worked there we also had "FAN" cards, that could be filled out as a way to compliment the CM. I think they still have those, you just need to ask! :goodvibes

when you make an official Cast Member Compliment either through social media, email or in person at Town Hall, with the CM, name, location and details of the pixie dust / magical experience, it goes to the CM's manager and then to the CM. It is put on their employee record and counts towards bonus's and things like schedule requests.

My daughter keeps a running list on my phone of CM's who have been helpful during the day at each park. Then on our way out, we stop at Guest Services and she fills out the compliment cards or tells the CM at the desk who she wants to recognize. This has been her tradition for several trips. She is 12 and seems to really enjoy recognizing CM's going above and beyond.

We once had a really helpful CM at DHS. When we were leaving we stopped by Guest Services to relay his name and how he helped us. They took all of the information and then ended up giving my wife a Minnie as a thank you. Not at all what we expected--we honestly didn't need it we just wanted to commend this CM for his kindness. But it at least conveyed that they do appreciate taking comments like this. Took us 10 minutes!

This is the most official way (email above) to ensure that the compliment is actually recorded (in writing) and received by the CM's management.. Be sure to be specific about the CM's name, location, date/time of the magical moment, and detailed story of the CM's actions so that the right CM is recognized, there are thousands of CMs at WDW so the more specific you are the better chance there is that it gets to the right CM and in a timely manner..

Reactions: msk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!