What is Stay, play and Dine? Is it a good deal?

JCSCBROWN

Earning My Ears
I have always been to Disney in the Fall or at Christmas. I almost always go during Free Dining. However, we are planning a January trip and it seems like there is never free dining. Just room only discounts or Stay, Play and Dine.

I have no idea if this is a good deal? Or what it includes?

Thanks in advance! Cindy

It is essentially a discount on your entire package, so you get a little bit off of the room, tickets, and meal plan. With free dining, you have to pay "rack rate" for the room.....with the stay play and dine it is a modest percentage off each element of the package.

It is essentially a discount on your entire package, so you get a little bit off of the room, tickets, and meal plan. With free dining, you have to pay "rack rate" for the room.....with the stay play and dine it is a modest percentage off each element of the package.
Thank you. I just cannot hardly find information about it.

We used it last year, and stayed at AKL. It ended up being enough of a discount for what we had planned on paying for a morderate. We are going back Jan 2018.

I hope they offer this discount again. We took advantage of it in 2016 and will return to WDW in Feb 2018.

How did you book, where did you stay and how were prices on that hotel? Did you pay through Disney or to the hotel directly? Did you tickets show up on your account when you booked to be able to make fast passes?

How did you book, where did you stay and how were prices on that hotel? Did you pay through Disney or to the hotel directly? Did you tickets show up on your account when you booked to be able to make fast passes?

I booked through a Disney agent (a friend of mine) and stayed at Pop Century in a preferred room. I paid for the package (room/tickets/dining plan) to my Disney agent and my whole reservation was available for viewing. I can't remember the price specifically, but recall it being a good deal since Pop is considered a value resort. Yes, my tickets showed up and I made FP plans when booking for them opened. It was super easy through MDE (my disney experience). Good luck!!!

Doesn't reach my trip but looks like a good deal. They are running another promo that released concurrently called Gift of Magic. That reaches my dates. Not any savings for me but can upgrade to a mod for cheap.

Someone already answered your question, OP, so I'm just here to vent. I finally decided on my family trip, adjusted my dates after speaking with my new boss, spent hours online late last night looking for the right resort to have availability in the window of time that my boss approved for me to take my trip then fell into bed exhausted and waiting to hear that my mom had final approval from her boss (Mom earned a free trip with us by quitting smoking by the way--so proud of her, go mom!), dropped kids off at school this morning and came home ready to book online...but the book online button had disappeared from my cart! So I call and the cast member I spoke with said the booking software was undergoing "magical enhancements" and that I need to call back at 2:00. Just a vent and an FYI for anyone looking to book this promo.

Please send some good thoughts and pixie dust my way so my perfect package is still available this afternoon when the site it back up.o_O

Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to upgrade dining if booking under stay, play and dine. So if I booked at Pop could I upgrade to the deluxe dining plan. I assume that the discounted amount would still be based on me only getting the QSDP. Thoughts? I am looking at booking a trip for next March. It looks like this is the offer that has been during that time for several years now.

Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to upgrade dining if booking under stay, play and dine. So if I booked at Pop could I upgrade to the deluxe dining plan. I assume that the discounted amount would still be based on me only getting the QSDP. Thoughts? I am looking at booking a trip for next March. It looks like this is the offer that has been during that time for several years now.

Yes we have 6 “adults” 2 rooms at Pop Century with Deluxe Dining reserved for the end of Feb start of March 2019. We called over the weekend to add Stay Play and Dine and keep the deluxe plan and we were refunded $478 on one room and $373 on the other room. That was with Standard Room 6 nights 7 day park hoppers and the Deluxe Dining plan.

Yes we have 6 “adults” 2 rooms at Pop Century with Deluxe Dining reserved for the end of Feb start of March 2019. We called over the weekend to add Stay Play and Dine and keep the deluxe plan and we were refunded $478 on one room and $373 on the other room. That was with Standard Room 6 nights 7 day park hoppers and the Deluxe Dining plan.
I ended up going with the visa room only discount. Since I am a single traveler staying at AKL it was a much better deal.

We ended up with the Disney Visa discount as well. SPD saved about $700 off our trip but the Disney Visa offer saved us a whopping $1500. This is at AKL for 10 days with Dining Plan.

I ended up going with the visa room only discount. Since I am a single traveler staying at AKL it was a much better deal.

How did you book this offer? We have the Disney Visa card, but I didn't get an email about it and can't find it by googling.

How did you book this offer? We have the Disney Visa card, but I didn't get an email about it and can't find it by googling.
I called Disney and asked for a quote for the room only Disney visa offer. I am not sure how long it was for though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!