What is one comment that you can't forget.

Jingle

<font color=red>Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaah
I wore a T-shirt back in the 70's That said "I can't believe i ate the whole thing." i had a small tummy and needed to lose about 5 to 10 lbs. but this guy read my t-shirt and said "I can!" I was really embarrassed and was about 12 years old. . Its amazing how some of these comments can stay with us for life.

'

I wore a T-shirt back in the 70's That said "I can't believe i ate the whole thing." i had a small tummy and needed to lose about 5 to 10 lbs. but this guy read my t-shirt and said "I can!" I was really embarrassed and was about 12 years old. . Its amazing how some of these comments can stay with us for life.

'

Im sorry,so many for me, I chooses to not focus on them, and Im sure your not, but If it hurts me, I dont bring it anymore

I was working at the Disney Store. I was 18. Minding my own business, tending to a display while a mom and her DD5/6 shopped right beside me.
The little girl squealed, "Mommy, I want that one!"

Curious, I turned to look and the girl was pointing at an Ariel bikini. The mom glanced at it and said, "No. You're too fat for that kind of swimsuit." I was shocked.

I wouldn't have even called that girl chunky or chubby, she was pretty slender for such a small child. I wonder about her still. That's just an example. Things tend to stick with me.

I'm 9 months pregnant and the other day a stranger asked if I was having twins (I'm not.) And when I said no, she said "I wasn't sure because you're SO BIG." That's gonna stay with me for a while :headache:

When I adopted my daughter, my mom's neighbour said, "Oh, it's better than getting a dog."

So bizarre that I'll never forget it. No mean or hurtful intention (I think he saw it as a supportive comment) but, ummm, who says that?

"Don't get in that car.....don't you know not to get in cars with strangers". 1962, from one of my classmates when my dad picked me up after school when I was in kindergarten. Granted my dad was older....52 at the time.....and in those days it was not the norm for parents to pick their kids up at school. You walked, rode your bike or rode the school bus. Not like today where there are a line of cars for blocks around the school, orange cones, lanes closed, and people double parked when school lets out.

I don’t forget anything, probably not good for my health.

I’ve had people I love say some extremely hurtful things to me. Later they’ve said they didn’t mean it but saying things like that whether you meant it or not, the aim was to hurt. It’s something that as hard as I’ve tried to look passed, I can’t forget. It’s fundamentally changed the way I view them.

I used to collect gargoyles and other evil-looking figurines. At its height I had more than two dozen of various sizes around the house. Once during a holiday get together, my uncle commented that it looked like a "cult house." I took it as a high compliment.

When I was in college my first (short, soon to be ex) roommate told me she and her friends had been talking and said I had the potential to be pretty.

Last edited:
This question came from some friends I was out with earlier tonight.

When I went out to dinner with my husband to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, he told me it was the last time he would take me out in public because I was too fat and ugly to be seen with him. Needless to say the marriage was basically over at that point and divorced not much longer after that.

Sounds like a good thing for you! I'm sorry, it still hurts.

When I went out to dinner with my husband to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, he told me it was the last time he would take me out in public because I was too fat and ugly to be seen with him. Needless to say the marriage was basically over at that point and divorced not much longer after that.

Lady was a regular where I worked. She came in one day and I am helping her and she says "What did you do to your hair?" I hadn't done anything other than blow dry it that morning after I showered so i answered "Nothing special today."

She shrugged and said "Oh, it's just that it usually looks, you know, good."

Many of the comments that come from my MIL. She takes some deep digs at me, when DH isn't around. It's really amazing that she has the nerve to say some of the things she does.

On a positive note, my first MIL once told me my ex-FIL loved me more than my ex-DH. They were second parents to me. It's too bad you can't mix & match your DH & inlaws. :p Alas, you have to live with your DH. I'll take my incredible DH & put up with my nasty MIL.

My grandfather said my hair was "frowsy" when I was about 10-12. My older cousin was a teacher and I asked her what it meant. As an adult I can say it was accurate, but as a kid that hurt. That's the only time anyone ever said anything like that, most people have better manners.

My mom has a weight problem.

My dad was very snobby and concerned about social status. He couldn’t deal with my mom’s weight problem (among other things), so he walked out on her (and us 4 kids) when I was 6.

When I was 16, he took me out to dinner, looked me in the eye, and said “Let me give you some advice. Don’t ever let yourself go”.

Like that was the be all and end all of life.

I was a normal weight then but have struggled with weight issues since. I guess it messed with my head in some way.

Wait what?!? Was he a GQ model??? I’m assuming not and he was just a (insert bad word here). I’m sorry but I’m sure you know you are better off without him.

Not angry at me or anything, but my mom said if abortions had been legal she would have had one with me. She didn’t like the kids she had. That kind of thing tends to stay with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter