What is Hoop Dee Doo?

thewitz

Earning My Ears
Sorry not familiar with this stuff and judging by some of the comments, could be something we're interested in. Anyone have more details. And I'm trying to get more ideas for our trip.

Welcome to the Dis!!!

HDD is a dinner show with 6 performers. They sing, dance, and put on a little skit type thing. Its a lot of fun. We did it last week and I was literally crying I was laughing so hard.
The food was wonderful too. All you can eat fried chicken, ribs, bread, salad, beans, corn, strawberry shortcake, beer, sangria, and soda. Best fried chicken Ive ever had!
We all had a great time there and were very glad that we had done it.

You'll have to excuse me, I haven't been to Disney World since they first opened which is about 30 years ago. Where is this located? And would it be good to take a 5 year old to?

It is located at Pioneer Hall at Ft Wilderness. We just returned from WDW last night. The show was wonderful and the food was excellent. Lots of laughs for us. My kids are 9 & 10 and loved it.

Happy trails!

Do they involve audience members in the show? i.e., dance with them or get them on stage? I hate when that happens.

We just went to Hoop Dee Doo last night and had a blast!

We had a large party, 23 of us, to celebrate my nephew's 8th birthday. We had 3 separate tables, but they were all in a row, and we were front and center on the main floor. Great seats.

The food was outstanding, much better than what I was expecting.

And yes, they do a lot of audience participation, much to my husband's chagrin. He was picked to be "The Star of the Show", which is the guardian angel for the Davey Crocket number at the end. When he came on stage with a tu-tu and wings, I almost wet my pants laughing!

This was one of the best things we've ever done at Disney. A bit pricey, so not something we'd do every trip but everyone in our group LOVED it!

We had a 5 yr old with us(and kids 2, 9 & 12). They all loved it. In fact my 5yo was a little upset because he wanted icecream back at the hotel after the show(he doesnt like Strawberry shortcake) and I had told him no. So, he wanted to be in a bad mood. He couldnt control his laughter as hard as he tried. Everytime he couldnt do it he would turn away so I wouldnt see him laugh. I think the humor appeals to all ages.

My 5 year old DD loved the show and we sat in the balcony. She was chosen (against her will) to be the loud, deep voiced "Yahoo" with the spotlight put on her. The cast all pointed at her and she shouted back, "It wasn't me! I'm only five!" She loved it. We loved it. Dinner is served to you in buckets filled with ribs and fried chicken. Not bad at all. Cute show which has been going non-stop since 1974. Just different actors. They have pics all around the hall showing the cast members since 1974.:Pinkbounc

bsnyder my Uncle was picked for that part when our family (13 of us) went down in September 2000. I still giggle when I think of him in tha tu-tu blowing kisses!

We had three kids ages 18mos, 3 and 5 with us and they loved it!

It's a great show and I would recommend that you go if you can. The food is very good in my opinion and the show is very entertaining. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!