What is happening Dec 14?

wishicouldgomoreofte

Mouseketeer
I have had Dec 14 waitlisted at AKV Jambo Standard Studio since May 17.
I really expected it to fill in these 3 months.
Yes, I know about all DVC being so busy the first 2 weeks of Dec, and studio high demand, etc.
I am asking if there is something on that particular date.
It does not look like a Moonlight Magic event. They have not reinstated the DVC member Christmas parties, or have they?
Is there a race, or a convention, or something?
Last year I had a night fill right at the 31 day, the last possible day for the holder to cancel without their points going into holding.
Of course by then I had my flights and was set, but left the waitlist going to see when/if it would fill at all. (I was actually on to cancel the waitlist, when I saw it fill, so I was able to cancel it too, and maybe someone else was able to use it.)

It’s my wife’s birthday and we are staying at cc. I have been stalking since 7 month mark and have not found a change yet. I have 2 waitlist requests in but I am not optimistic.

The only thing I can think of is that it’s right after the second ride opens in Galaxy’s Edge (Rise of the Resistance opens Dec. 5.) That on top of it generally being one of the busiest DVC times could be increasing demand.

The only thing I can think of is that it’s right after the second ride opens in Galaxy’s Edge (Rise of the Resistance opens Dec. 5.) That on top of it generally being one of the busiest DVC times could be increasing demand.
Thank you. I don't care about Star Wars, so though I had read about that date being announced, it didn't sink in.
Gosh, it seems like that was announced after my waitlist was created
Oh well. Thank you for the response. Sounds like a reasonable answer.

It’s not just a little busy for DVC the first 2 weeks. They are the 2 busiest weeks for DVC with most studios gone before 10 months, SSR and OKW studios were gone before 7 months. I know the condo association meeting is during that time frame, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Plus all the X-mas decorations are out. Cooler weather and cheap points.

Just this week, I was able to get our DS and DGD a studio, Savannah view at Kidani for December 14-18. The night of the 14th originally they were in SSR, and they would have had 3 moves over the 4 nights.

I had waitlists and was stalking, modifying when I could, it was through a phone call to MS that everything was finalized.

pixiedust:I hope good things happen for you!

I would keep watching the website and try to get it that way. I have had a lot of luck lately getting rooms switched out using that feature over the waitlist feature, including for this upcoming December. I am having foot surgery and had to shift my Dec trip back a week if I could. I figured there was no way this was happening but over the last week, I not only got it switched, but I ended up with 3 of my 4 nights at BLT in a LV studio (15th to 19th). I am missing just one night, but booked a back up 1 bedroom for the 15th and 16th, and will end up dong a split stay if my WL or stalking doesn't get me that 4th night I need. So, don't give up hope and keep checking!!!

I have had Dec 14 waitlisted at AKV Jambo Standard Studio since May 17.
I really expected it to fill in these 3 months.
Besides all of the common issues with a December reservation you mentioned in your post, the more important issue is that the Jambo hotel rooms are having a major room renovation which is affecting access to the DVC rooms in the same area. I have spoken with MS multiple times about it - beginning at the exact 11 month mark as I was shut out for a value studio due to the construction.

When I saw value studios pop up recently for that time period, I contacted MS again. A Supervisor told me that they were just contacted by the resort and the renovation was either moving faster or slower [sorry, can't remember] which was causing DVC to scramble and change other reservations around. She did tell me I was very lucky to get the 2 nights I had for a value studio with the remaining 5 nights in a standard studio. She said availability was unbelievably tight and restricted because of it; even the standard view studios. I suspect that's what has affected your waitlist.

All these renovations - I haven't been able to figure out is if that means the DVC rooms are also being renovated as WDW does rent those rooms out to cash customers. Anyone know?

....(snip).........All these renovations - I haven't been able to figure out is if that means the DVC rooms are also being renovated as WDW does rent those rooms out to cash customers. Anyone know?
My understanding is that they're just renovating the hotel rooms at this time.(DVC villas were recently updated), but the hotel room remodeling is interfering with some of the DVC rooms. It's probably due to hallways getting blocked or construction noise that would make the DVC villas quite undesirable. I know I don't want to navigate dirty / blocked hallways to get where I'm going or hear pounding and jack hammering, etc. when I'm in a room!

The 14th is my sons FTW but I we don't have that many people coming. I feel your pain, once they signed the contract it was hard for me to find rooms. Luckily we have a 2 bed room at SSR, originally had a 3 bdr at OKW but I didn't realize most were second story entrance and that is to many stairs for my dad. I hope the lack of rooms doesn't translate to crazy busy parks.

There is a Moonlight Magic night scheduled for AKV on that Saturday 12/14. May have something to do with it.

There is a Moonlight Magic night scheduled for AKV on that Saturday 12/14. May have something to do with it.
New date??
It's not a Moonlight Magic.

12/14 was just added as an After Hours Hard Ticket event at AK. They also added other dates for After Hours for both the MK and AK. DVC Members can get discounted tickets for the After Hours events for either $95 or $99 plus tax, depending on the date.

Doubt those have anything to do with availability for 12/14, though.

Besides all of the common issues with a December reservation you mentioned in your post, the more important issue is that the Jambo hotel rooms are having a major room renovation which is affecting access to the DVC rooms in the same area. I have spoken with MS multiple times about it - beginning at the exact 11 month mark as I was shut out for a value studio due to the construction.

When I saw value studios pop up recently for that time period, I contacted MS again. A Supervisor told me that they were just contacted by the resort and the renovation was either moving faster or slower [sorry, can't remember] which was causing DVC to scramble and change other reservations around. She did tell me I was very lucky to get the 2 nights I had for a value studio with the remaining 5 nights in a standard studio. She said availability was unbelievably tight and restricted because of it; even the standard view studios. I suspect that's what has affected your waitlist.
?
Thank you.

I would keep watching the website and try to get it that way. I have had a lot of luck lately getting rooms switched out using that feature over the waitlist feature, including for this upcoming December. I am having foot surgery and had to shift my Dec trip back a week if I could. I figured there was no way this was happening but over the last week, I not only got it switched, but I ended up with 3 of my 4 nights at BLT in a LV studio (15th to 19th). I am missing just one night, but booked a back up 1 bedroom for the 15th and 16th, and will end up dong a split stay if my WL or stalking doesn't get me that 4th night I need. So, don't give up hope and keep checking!!!

Yes, thank you. I check everyday, sometimes twice a day. I know it could turn up and be taken easily anytime in the times in between. If I don't get it, I will enjoy what I have.

I've also noticed 12/14 is weirdly booked up. We are staying 12/14 - 12/19 and I have been able to piece together one night in a CCV studio and 3 nights in a BCV studio for the rest of the week, but for the longest time all I could get was SSR Preferred studio for 12/14. A few weeks ago a Kidani Savanna studio popped up so I grabbed it, but that's it. I'm guessing it's just because it's a Saturday in December and it's still Adventure Season (albeit the last day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!