What is going on in early September?

JessiMommy

DIS Veteran
We go to WDW during Labor Day week quite often and it's typically a rather slow week. I am having a difficulty finding a standard view room at most resorts with or without a discount. This seems odd to me. I know F&W dates are earlier this year but that can't be it. Is this a result of the wonky reservation system as of late? A result of Pandora crowds? Something just seems off. Thoughts?

I'd guess the wonky reservation system has a lot to do with it. I was checking prices for that weekend today myself, and they are all OVER the place.

1. Reservation system is currently down
  2. Free dining
  3. Popular time for regulars (me included) who know that first weeks of September are low periods
Just because WDW hotels are booked up does not mean it will be busy. Because the rates are so low, many that would usually stay off property are swayed into staying with Disney. Doesn't mean that more are traveling, just more are staying on property.

This was on website yesterday ....

On June 22, 2017, we will be unable to make new Resort hotel reservations or book dining reservations both online and over the phone. However, you will still be able to purchase theme park tickets and make FastPass+ selections. Thank you for your patience while we work to improve your future Guest experience. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We are going that week and had to just keep checking . I am assuming it was the Food and wine festival.

Well I will say that availability for my week 9/8-9/17 has been slim pickings for a while now. And for me I know part of it is the actual days because there was a bit more availability if a I dropped a Friday-Saturday even a Sunday aspect.

I'm going that week and I will say that there seemed to be a ton of availability and ADRs until they released free dining. My guess is people jumped on that bandwagon. But the new reservation system is also a bit of a mystery that seems to be making things a bit more difficult.

I am going that week too. I got my ADR's in anticipation of free dining, and luckily everything worked out. Still hoping the parks won't have big crowds despite F&W starting early.

I've had my dining booked for a while but was waiting for AP discounts before booking my room. Big mistake because what I want isn't showing. We go a lot especially this particular week and I've never had this problem... grrrr. Guess I will keep checking.

We go this week every year. It seems like there are lots less rooms and ADR's available for 2017 :(

We go this week every year. It seems like there are lots less rooms and ADR's available for 2017 :(
That's disappointing...

I'll admit, I was disappointed when they announced an early start to F&W. I booked this week specifically to stay away from it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!