What is a must pack for cabins

jklmw

Mouseketeer
Hello!! First timer for FW, we are staying in the cabins July 1-9th.
I won't forget mosquito repellent and sunscreen, but what is your "must bring and buy".
I don't camp, EVER...so this is a first and as you see, we are renting a cabin and THAT is roughing it for me:) NOT a camper. My DH is kids are loving the fact that I have given in.

I am really excited...lol:)
Just don't want to forget the necessities.
THANK YOU!!

Following along as our first stay is in June. We will be going to the beach for a few days then our timeshare condo the next week, so I will have usual stuff I bring for that (ziploc bags, coffee, creamer, breakfast stuff, a few containers for leftovers). Also planning on a grocery stop and getting smore stuff for the campfire. Plus little led flashlights.
When we camp we bring along small portable grill, cots, trashbags, cooler, ice, clothesline, pool noodles, and since we are often near a river to float-our life jackets etc. But I think staying in cabin is more like staying at our condo-I do pick up some paper products because dishwasher or not-it is nice to not have to deal with real plates if eating outside.

You can get by by bringing what ever you normally would when staying in a hotel anything else would be personal preference as the cabins are well equipped. But we also bring a couple power strips (nice to have everything plugged in in only one or two places when rushing around in the morning). We also bring a collapsible laundry basket, IKEA sells a great one and we actually own about 6 of them for at home use. You can purchase laundry detergent there but we usually bring our own if you plan on doing any laundry there, the comfort stations have laundry and we usually do a couple loads on our pool day. As you may know the cabins have a full size fridge, cabinets stocked with plates and cooking stuff, cook top stove, a combo micro/convection oven, and a dishwasher. Mousekeeping will put any dirty dishes that are in the sink and run it everyday of need be. If you want to cook out there is a grill but you need charcoal.

Here is a list from AllEars about what's in the cabins http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm
Be sure out this link for other info https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-resort-information-a-work-in-progress.3502095/

Really, as far as it goes, you bring what you would bring for any other resort. Bugs haven't been much of a problem but you could bring repellant.

U like most other resorts though, you have a grill at your disposal, so if that's an option, you may want to plan on that too.

As has been said previously, anything above and beyond this is just a preference.

I don't camp either and we stayed at the Cabins last fall on an extended family trip. It is NOT roughing it - the cabins are super nice and contain the same linens, quality of furnishings, TVs, etc. as a regular Disney resort room - the AC was nice and cold too. We liked the additional space to spread out in the living room and would also pick up food from the carryout next to Trail's End and bring it back and eat at the kitchen table.

We did not need or use insect repellent the entire time we were there and neither my husband nor I got a single mosquito bite.

I do agree with the previous poster who said to bring a power strip or two if you have a lot of stuff to plug in.

If you are planning to do any cooking be sure to bring salt and pepper and any other additional condiments you might want in addition to the actual food - those aren't included in the room.

Hello!! First timer for FW, we are staying in the cabins July 1-9th.
I won't forget mosquito repellent and sunscreen, but what is your "must bring and buy".
I don't camp, EVER...so this is a first and as you see, we are renting a cabin and THAT is roughing it for me:) NOT a camper. My DH is kids are loving the fact that I have given in.

I am really excited...lol:)
Just don't want to forget the necessities.
THANK YOU!!
I second bringing a couple of power strips for extra plugs for charging everything

Sunscreen, sunglasses for everyone that are UV rated, leashes for sunglasses, rash guards to keep the sun off tender young shoulders in the pool, aloe burn relief. I also like a lightweight long sleeve cotton tees for those days the arms just don’t need any more sun. Make sure to buy s’mores makings for the outdoor movie. The metal benches are uncomfortable, so if you’re driving, collapsible chairs are far more comfy.

I tend to bring at least one extra pair of good walking shoes ( Walking all day in wet shoes sucks ) plenty of extra socks as well and a good foot powder to help keep them dry and prevent blisters

power bars, extension cords, pop up laundry hamper, charcoal, marshmallow sticks, garden grocer delivery (or alternate), night light for bathroom, matches, salt and pepper, shower hooks for wet ponchos etc, newspaper for wet shoes, timer for outdoor decorations..... plus all the normal stuff.

love the Cabins

I'll add a long fork or something if you plan to use the grill. The power strip is nice for having a central location to plug stuff in at night.
Grilling steak tonight, loaded baked potatoes and sugar snap peas, finishing off with s'mores at the campfire.
Microwave is a convection oven too.

Love the cabins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter