WHAT is a good airfare???

KimRaye

DIS Oldtimer and Threadkiller
Before I found the DIS I booked packages ~ partial & full! :rolleyes: so, I don't know what our airfare cost individually.

I'm going in Dec. and don't know what is a good/acceptable price for airfare. I guess I'm hoping for some miraculous rate but, I'm not stupid. I just want to know what's reasonable.

ORD to MCO or, your experiences, please?

we got airfare for this past June that I bought online in Feb. They were from Delta. Two Adult round trip with all taxes and fees added $187. from Syracuse NY to Orlando with one stop in Atlanta. I thought that was pretty good.

We recently travelled from Midway to Fort Lauderdale and then returned from Orlando back to Midway. We paid 135.00 round trip on ATA for those flights and they were non-stop. I think that is the cheapest ticket I have ever purchased. In the past I have paid anywhere from 155 to around 225 r/t for tickets.. Many times the major carriers out of O'hare are more expensive than say Southwest or ATA out of Midway, but other times they match fares as well. Spirit Airlines flies out of O'Hare (from the International terminal) and they often have fares comparable to Southwest and ATA as well.

What part of Dec. are you talking about. If its not the Holiday Week you could get very low fares if you book far in advance. We go in Jan. during off peak season and fly from Long Island to Orlando for 49.00 each way. We book our seats as soon as it becomes available, usually 3-4 months before our vacation. You can do very good on airfare if you constantly check if your airline is open for booking for your needed times. By the time you read it on these boards, it's usually too late and the cheap tickets are gone. I waited for airline to open ressies for my Memorial Day vacation for 3 months, on the day they finally opened I called for my seats, they had started selling seats only 3 hours prior and were completly sold out on my departure date. You must be very quick to get the best deals.

Originally posted by tiggerfan58
Two Adult round trip with all taxes and fees added $187.

That's per person, right?

What part of Dec. are you talking about.
12/3-12/8 Many flights are available but, I don't know if the fares will come down. Right now they're running about 196-229.

Thanks

We paid $222 per person round trip, which has since almost doubled in price. I'm glad I booked it as soon as prices dipped.
(DFW to MCO).

I NEVER book packages. I booked a package last year, and then for our upcoming trip, I booked everything individually myself, watching and waiting for prices to dip. Our trip is going to cost LESS and we are staying in a nicer resort, with 2 rental car sizes bigger, and we're taking more spending money. And we didn't get stuck with those amenities that come with a package that we never used.

One tip, if you are into pin trading, I bought 25 pins on EBAY for about $60, which is under $3 per pin. My kids split them and now I won't have that expense once I get there.

batgrr1: If you have kids trading pins then make sure to take them to see "Scoop" at Magic Kingdom. He has been know to give the kids a free pin every no and then. Also, if you go to Disney every year have you every thought of buying into the Disney Vacation Club??? We just did and I wish we had done it years ago when we first started coming to Disney. Now I just worry about airfare, spending money(misc & food), car rentals and we get annual passes(for the extra perks) If you are staying longer than 7 days it's actually cheaper to get AP's. And we now are going to be able to stay in much nicer places for alot less $$$. If you want more info. email @ rcgroth@twcny.rr.com and I'll give you the name of the guy we dealt with at DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter