What is a courtyard view at BWV?

robinbutterfly

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me(and possibly show me a picture?) of a courtyard view at BWV? We will be staying in a studio and our main goal is to have a quiet room that is close to the elevators...we will be with 2 little ones.

Can someone tell me(and possibly show me a picture?) of a courtyard view at BWV? We will be staying in a studio and our main goal is to have a quiet room that is close to the elevators...we will be with 2 little ones.

See map created by Granny:

BWVRoomViews.jpg

If you have preferred pool/garden reserved, it could be any of the red areas. The small red area on the boardwalk side is known as the "Village Green". Those rooms would be close to the elevator but not necessarily quiet. The rooms at the far end near the Swan would be more quiet but a long walk to the elevator.

So what is courtyard view? Does it cover all the water/garden view?

preferred water (or pool)/garden view is the term used at the BWVs for the majority of rooms (about 20% are standard view, another 20% preferred BW view, balance of 60% preferred PG view).
i've heard courtyard view used at the BWI, but not BWVs. are you renting points? if so, you can verify the view with the owner.
as far as requests, ask for close to elevators (there is only one bank of elevators in the villas, neccessary with strollers). being closer to the elevators might be a bit noisier, however.
also, upper floors tend to be quieter.
just a suggestion.: try to limit your requests to 1 or 2 (reminder: requests are not guaranteed:))and never a specific room. reasons being that too many requests limit the pool of rooms, and you might not get any of your requests met if the rooms that meet your criteria are occupied, same as with requesting a specific room. the BWVs are usually at close to or full occupancy.
hth

As already stated, there is no official 'courtyard' view at BWV. Maybe the room overlooks an area defined as a courtyard, and not overlooking the two pools. I have heard those rooms unofficially described as courtyard view. Again as mentioned before, those would be the ones overlooking the grassy area at the far left of the photo (closest to Swan) and the tiny red area that overlooks the space between the lobby and the boat dock. Sounds like you will need to get further explanation.

if you want near the elevators - definitely say that.

the ones near the elevators are closer to the main pool than the courtyard. the courtyard view - assuming they are talking about the one near the BW - where BWV looks out on the restuarants and BWI. these are not really all that close to the elevators.

this is NOT a request with DVC BWV - only WDW BWI.

When we checked in this past Oct, we were given the choice of a room overlooking the quiet pool or the "courtyard". "Courtyard" was the term that the CM checking us in used to describe the area of lawn that is behind the rooms that are next to Jelly Rolls, but as others have stated, there is no official "courtyard" view.

We declined the "courtyard" view due to the possible noise from Jelly Rolls & took a room overlooking the quiet pool instead.

When we checked in this past Oct, we were given the choice of a room overlooking the quiet pool or the "courtyard". "Courtyard" was the term that the CM checking us in used to describe the area of lawn that is behind the rooms that are next to Jelly Rolls, but as others have stated, there is no official "courtyard" view.

We declined the "courtyard" view due to the possible noise from Jelly Rolls & took a room overlooking the quiet pool instead.

OH goodness. I don't want the noise from Jelly Rolls!

OH goodness. I don't want the noise from Jelly Rolls!

The room would be facing the canal, I don't think you would hear noise from Jellyrolls. I had room 3002 once, which was the last room next to Jellyrolls on the canal side, didn't hear anything. You would probably hear noise on the boardwalk side.

Can you see fireworks from any of the rooms there? Maybe the boardwalk view? But then again, I have no idea what park is opposite the water.

Can you see fireworks from any of the rooms there? Maybe the boardwalk view? But then again, I have no idea what park is opposite the water.

You can see Epcot fireworks from the boardwalk view & some of the standard views. You can also see MK fireworks in the distance from the boardwalk side (look towards the Yacht Club).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter