What incentives are left to stay on-site?

ShirikiUtundu

Cursed Idol
Now that WDW will get you for parking at either resorts (overnight) or parks, 60d FP+ and EMH have been extended to several non-Disney-owned properties, are there any remaining incentives to stay on-site?
We have to be able to find something, right? :scratchin:tiptoe:

Location and 60-day FPs. I'd rather be at the Bonnet Creek resorts for location, though, so really just 60-day FPs.
(ETA: I know about 60-day FPs at Disney Springs hotels, but I don't stay at any of those, so that point is moot for me.)

Maybe. But I haven't found one that would come by so often, and load my scooter as well, without me having to disassemble it.

We use our own car when onsite as we have discovered that Disney busses ain't really the "perk" they're made out to be LOL (at least for us, but I completely understand those who enjoy it and utilize it). And as DVC members we won't have to pay for parking.

For us, there is really nothing. We are doing our last onsite trip. We are squeezing into Pop and making the teen boy sleep with grandma which neither really wants to do. We really need 3 sleeping places at least and for that you have to go Deluxe or 2 rooms. That is not in our budget at all. This last fee is the straw for us. We will rent a condo or look for a suite and pay a lot less money.

Location?

I could maybe see this argument. But there are some non-Disney-owned hotels that are better situated at this point than Disney-owned hotels, at better price points.

Magical Express, Transportation, Magic Bands, 180+ 10 ADRs

DME: I'm not sure I'd categorize DME as an incentive. It's free, could possibly be construed as convenient, but I'd argue that the price point of Disney hotels that it's included with possibly negates it's value over the money and time saved with using a taxi service. For pure immersion factor, sure, if that's something a person values.

Transportation: This is valid if and only if WDW steps up and increases the staffing and transport needed. But transport has been a pretty big complaint for years now, with the monorail barely working, overly full busses, etc. If transport were completely efficient, barely anyone would be using cars in the first place. :idea:

MB: Assuming you mean "free" MB, since MB aren't actually limited to people staying on-site. This is pretty much only novelty. It doesn't have a function that cannot be accomplished with the old tickets.

180+10 ADRs: I think this one is somewhat arguable as well. It is certainly an advantage for large parties who want to dine together at more in-demand restaurants. But for the average visitor, I can't think of any restaurant that is only available in the +10 range but not at 180 days.

Sure, but if I'm staying offsite I have to find my own way to the parks. To me the biggest perk of staying onsite is walking out of my hotel room and onto a Disney bus, monorail or boat.

Yeah. The off-site shuttles can be pretty infrequent.

I'd agree that is the most arguable perk. But again, WDW should consider increasing efficiency of on-site transport. It needs work.

Being able to charge via your magic band for those who don't want to carry cards or large amounts of cash. I always bring some cash with me in case MB don't work but love charging to the room and only carrying less than $40 on me.
Forgot about that, that's a perk for me too. So convenient.

I am trying hard to find something and frankly can't.

1, Meal Plans. I never really saved money on these just used them for the convenience.

2. 180+10 Well since I get up at 04:30 every morning doing 1 day at a time is really easy. And I have started a little test of my own. Trying to locate ADR's as little as 10-30 days out. Now BoG is hard but just about everything else is available.

3. Magic Bands We have never used the Magic Bands they send us. All of us have bought our own from Disney.

As I have posted before we are staying at AKL in June because I promised the girls AKL. We will not be stopping our trips after that but I have about decided the Swan/Dolphin are is going to become our go to resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter