• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What if it storms at DC

TiggerT

Earning My Ears
I have read that the dolphin encounter goes on in the rain, but if it thunderstorms they will pull the guests out for safety. But what if the weather stays bad and you can't get back in the water before the end of the day? Will they allow you to reschedule for another day? Or are you out of luck?
If you do get back in the water that day, will they be sure everyone gets a chance with the dolphins, if their swim time was passed?

My memory, and this is from the first few weeks it was open, was that they will try to reschedule you later in that week. BUT this didn't mean you could come back on a later trip. I would definately ask about this before you book, it was the reason I booked early in my vacation so I would be able to fit in another day if there had been storms.

Was wondering about that also,since it is prime Thunder season when we are there on July 1st. I guess it is good to get there early to get an early Dolphin swim time since most Thunderboomers happen in the late afternoon.Our luck they will be early that day.:rolleyes:

Thats how I feel too, madcoco, Murphy's law will get me. We are going in June and could only get afternoon swims,for any of the days we are there. I decided to take my one free change and move our date back to the first day we are in Orlando rather than the last. Now, I will just cross my fingers...

I realize that you have to book well in advance for the DC dolphin swim, but from reading the Unofficial Guide book it gave me the definite impression that your swim time is not decided until you arrive at the park on your reserved day! Apparently the earlier you get there the earlier in the day your alloted swim time is. Can anyone who has been there tell me if this is correct?
Thanks
Claire :confused:

When you book you choose either a morning or afternoon swim. You don't pick an exact time, but you pick a range. Then, my understanding is, that when you show up, you get an exact time. When we booked all the morning slots were filled up, so we had to take an afternoon slot. But we won't know the exact time till we get there. I think our time slot is 1:00 to 4:00. But when you show up they will tell you exactly 1:30 or 2:30 or whatever. So, they give you a rough range in advance, with the final time when you show up. Supposedly it is better in the mornings - animals aren't yet tired of people, lower risk of storms etc.

When I bookeb through our tour operator no-one ever mentioned time slots ie am or pm just the date!! I shall give them a call as soon as I can. If this is the case hopefully we have a morning slot as planned on doing the swim early in the day.
Claire :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter