What if I Change Resorts <2 Weeks Out?

stephmarty

Spending my Kids' Inheritance on Disney
We are booked at Pop Century for arrival on 12/16. All FP+, dining, and resort are linked to MDE, and FP+ was booked 60 days out. What if I cancel my Pop reservation, booked through an online travel agent, and book a different Disney resort (moderate or deluxe perhaps) through a TA also? Will that affect my FP+ or other plans I’ve made? Any other pitfalls I should worry about?

I probably won’t make the upgrade, but I have until 12/11 to cancel Pop with no penalty. Just thinking about my options. Thanks!

Well since you’re saying you have until 12/11 to cancel I’m assuming it’s a room only stay. So your tickets are separate, which would make it really easy to change. As long as you have a ticket for the right number of days you could completely cancel your resort stay, go offsite, and still be fine.

Yes, it is room only. We are staying 6 nights, and I bought 5 day park tickets separately. I was mainly afraid we would lose our FP+ (I worked too hard to get FOP and SDD!). We won’t book offsite, but I’m surprised that isn’t a a problem with people gaming the system to get the 60-day window. Or maybe it is. Either way, we’ll save that debate for someone else’s thread (sure it would be a hot one). Thanks again for the info!

In my experience, even if you've passed your window Disney will happily change your reservation to something more expensive. So going from a value to a mod/deluxe should be no problem. I'm not sure about working with a travel agent though--I've always just booked directly through Disney.

You can request your current reservation be transferred to a TA without having to cancel it. Once transferred, the TA will "own" it and can make any further changes to it, including changing the resort. If you cancel the original one and book a new one, you'd have to front the deposit again because it can take time for the original one to be refunded.

The only exception I can think of is if the TA is offering an agency exclusive promotion that you want to take advantage of. You'd likely have to cancel and re-book under that promotion, because they offer these under room blocks with restrictions and limited availability, so it would be different than simply changing the resort.

You'll be fine. Your ADR's will stay as they are and, since your tickets were purchased separately and are linked to MDE, they won't change or go away either.

I would make sure that the TA that you are going with has availability in the new resort and have it confirmed before you cancel your POP reservation. We were going to do that last year and the TA didn't have the room or resort we were wanting to switch to, so I was glad that we didn't cancel our other one first.

We are booked at Pop Century for arrival on 12/16. All FP+, dining, and resort are linked to MDE, and FP+ was booked 60 days out. What if I cancel my Pop reservation, booked through an online travel agent, and book a different Disney resort (moderate or deluxe perhaps) through a TA also? Will that affect my FP+ or other plans I’ve made? Any other pitfalls I should worry about?

I probably won’t make the upgrade, but I have until 12/11 to cancel Pop with no penalty. Just thinking about my options. Thanks!
Disney will not charge you if you cancel a RO reservation 6 days or more prior to arrival. However, the online TA may have a different policy and your agreement is with them. Check to see what their terms are before going forward.

But to answer your other questions, your ADRs and FP+ will be fine if you cancel and rebook.

I changed a RO from GF to Kidani ten days before arrival with no problem, but I had booked directly. Make sure that you know you are aware of what their cancellation policy is. I hope it works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter