What if I am pregnant?

SamanthaL

<font color=purple>I got the cute kids AND <font c
We are planning a trip in Nov. We are also planning a second baby. (The baby planning came first). The trip is courtesy of my grandmother. It is how she wants to spend her 85 b-day. I will probably be in my first trimester and all I can think is MORNING SICKNESS!! Any tricks out there. ( i didn't find any the first time). Does being in Disney take your mind off any of the nausea and exhaustion? I am still doing both, but wanted some other Disney Mom's to share some advice and experiences. ;)

Melissa. Hoping for Aug/Sept if all goes well. I was pregnant right away last time so I don't think it will be a problem. Thanks for the link.

If smells tend to bother you when you have morning sickness, carry a few lemon wedges around with you. When you come across something that bothers you, you can sniff the lemon instead. Also, get familiar with all the restaurants and snack counters that have food you usually feel like eating so that you have at least one place in each part of the park. You don't want to to be in Frontierland starving and the only place you know of eating is Cosmic Rays.

Kermit- good idea. We have a villa so keeping a few lemons around is not a problem.. I wonder if the smell of lemon would help even if there isn't a smell that is causing a problem. I know lemonade helped with my nausea before.

I survived 9 months of morning sickness by constantly munching bread sticks and pretzels. :rolleyes: Pink lemonade helped too. I also wore 24/7 for the full 9 months Sea Bands.

They are these terry cloth wrist bands with a small plastic bead on the inside. The bead touches the pulse point of your wrist. A lot of people wear them on cruises too. I have no idea how they actually work but they helped me a great deal. I finally took them off about 2 hours after having my daughter.

And I swear I was sick 10 minutes after she was conceived until an hour after she was born, lol! :D

:cool: Cool. margaritabnl- Did you really notice a difference in your nausea with the wrist band on? I never thought of it before. I'll try anything to avoid the morning sickness. Mine lasted all day until the day I entered my second trimester. These ideas are GREAT!

Before I had the Sea Bands I was very sick. I just couldn't keep anything down other than the pretzels and bread sticks. My Mom worked with a woman my age who was pregnant with her first baby and her OB/GYN suggested the Sea Bands based on patient information.

I had never heard of them until my Mom came to visit and brought me 2 pairs. She bought them at the CVS drugstore but I imagine they can be found most places. They also can be worn swimming (I had a pool then) and thrown in the washing machine (reason for 2nd pair, lol).

Within a day of wearing the sea bands I felt SO MUCH better! They helped me keep everything down and the nausea was managebale for the rest of the pregnancy.

I just reread my first post and need to correct myself. :rolleyes: I didn't start wearing the sea bands until I was 4 months along.

Good luck!

:( Good lord! I hope I can STOP wearing them at 4 months. This is the best news I have heard regarding morning sickness. Did you have any trouble on the plane to WDW? Was nausea any worse? Maybe your next pregnancy will be nausea free. You have paid your dues!:D

My son was born in 1991 and I was nauseaous for about 2 weeks. Very easy pregnancy, hard delivery, awesome baby, easy going kid so far! My daughter was born in 1994 and OMG what a difference! Bad pregnancy, easy delivery, difficult baby, and still a handful!

I had never flown while pregnant and didn't do Disney while pregnant so I can't help there. There are some other threads dealing with Disney while pregant though. I do have a good friend who flew extensively during both her pregnancies and she used the Sea Bands with great results. She was always sick while flying before I told her about the Sea Bands and still uses them when she travels and hasn't been sick.

:eek: There WILL NOT be another pregancy for me! OMG the thought makes me shiver! I am happy with one of each (I was very lucky) and very blessed they are healthy but I have reached my limit! I actually was positive I wouldn't have another child while still pregnant with my second. And nooooooooo, lol, the horrible sickness had nothing to do with it either. I was just sure for some reason 2 was all I needed.

Another thing that helped me with nausea was the old fashioned green striped peppermints. My Grandmother told me to drop one in a glass of water until the green color started to fade and then drink the water. It worked and I have no idea how or why! I still do this if I have an upset stomach.

:) Thanks for all the help!D I had my DD in 1999. Textbook pregnancy, HORRIBLE delivery ( right down to the blood transfusion), high maintanance kid (needs lots of paitence). My next will be textbook pregnancy, easy delivery and easy going kid. ( Do you think God reads these boards!!). I think I earned this!! This will be the last installment of the Loureiro family for sure. Thanks again. It appears we may be neighbors. I am from Mass too!!:D

Hey neighbor! :wave: I'm in Chelmsford and you? I found this site looking for info. for our 4th trip to WDW and I am a certified DIS junkie now, lol.

This entire trip for May 2003 started when the Patriots won the Super Bowl and my son heard Tom Brady say he was going to WDW!

I think if God read these boards I wouldn't have to wait until May 2003 to go back to WDW:crazy: but I will keep my fingers crossed your next pregnancy and child is perfect, lol.

We live in Peabody, but if we ever get our house built we will move to Salem. Tom Brady is as good a reason as any to go to WDW. I will take any reason. The only down side I can think of when having a new baby is I will have to wait awhile before my next WDW trip. This makes trip #8. November will have to tide me over. I will be fine if I can plan another one. Thanks for the good thoughts for my next baby. I will take all the prayers I can get!! They don't call it LABOR for nothing:eek: !! Here is my e-mail if you want to drop me line now and then. samanthaloureiro@yahoo.com

Well, if at all possible, maybe you could get pregnant a month or two earlier, and then you should be in your second trimester by November! That way you should be feeling good for your trip! I know, of course, that you can't just get pregnant the month you want to (although by some miracle, I did--twice!), but maybe if you start trying earlier than planned, you will get pg earlier than planned! Good luck with the baby and the trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter