• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what have you done to make camper beds more comfy?

We tried the memory foam topper for our MH bed and it didn't work for us. We eventually had a pillow top mattress custom made, best money I have ever spent.

Camper bed, smanter bed. Who needs that?
DH and I pulled out the queen camper bed that came with our 5th wheel and went to the local matress store and put a normal king size bed in ours. Upgrade, upgrade! ;)

We use a 2" Memory foam topper for the pull out sofas and replaced the queen mattress with a Simmons Beautyrest. MUCH better !! ;)

I added 4" of memory foam to mine. They sleep great!!

Thanks everyone that sent me your suggestions for my mattress. What a big difference a little padding and mattress pad makes. We slept great. We even put mattress pads on the blow up beds in the tent for the teens and they were very comfy. :cloud9:

I have a pop-up too with those terrible flat mattresses and added 2-inch memory foam toppers from overstock.com. That way the roof can still be cranked down even though I have to lean on the corners to get the snap hooks up. Using the memory foam has made a big difference in sleep quality. When it's cold I throw on the electric mattress warmers and when it's close to freezing add a ceramic circulating heater and it feels great! :cool1:

Bama ED

For those who have access to one of their stores, The Original Mattress Factory stores will custom fit a mattress for you. Their prices are VERY reasonable and you can sleep on a mattress that is as good as the one in your home (or better, if you're us!). We did that for our TT, and it's now in our 5'er, but we need a bigger one b'c the bed is bigger!

Ditto on the memory foam. Have 4 inch and took the 2 extra large Coleman sleeping bags and zipped the MF inside. It's the size of a double bed now. Mattress cover on top of the sleeping bags, crisp, cool sheets and sleep like a dream. The roof wouldn't crank all the way down, so just roll up the large sleeping bag and put on the floor. Works great.:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter