What happens to the emails you do not read on the air?

happy2go2wdwmom

<font color=violet>I love that great song!<br><fon
The podcast contests are and have been such FUN and are SO exciting and the new prizes are so incredible and sooooo apprecitated! THANKS! It seems to me that Pete and the podsquad constantly do everything they can to build a better mousetrap and are ever pushing toward making their entire operation better and the fact that each of them cares to this extent---well, it just shows and I think is one secret to their success!

It certainly would be terrific to win a chance to pick a number, BUT---what can be done for folks who wouldn't mind sitting on their hands for a while? Not that I wouldn't about split in two for an Ursula style prize (the cruise, not the cistern!), but honestly, I am rather satisfied w/ my lil Disunplugged coffee mug and the t-shirt you have outfitted me with. Still, I have so many questions for wdw.info.com and was wondering if the "rule" could ever change a little?-----I know this may be a whole lot to ask, but is there any possible way for the questions we submit to you to receive replies? Or do you just get such a huge amounts of them that this would be impossible? I am not talking about an answer only from you guys---it could be fom anyone at wdw.info....

At times, I have received responses, but when I do not recieve a reply, I don't just feel rejected, and dejected...I feel like you must think I am only asking for the chance at the brass ring and this is just not necessarily true---I would like to find out how I can obtain an answer to the question----for example, I asked many months ago about the seemingly deserted buildings at Pop Century and just now have found out the answer....

I will try and answer this....(and not from my iPhone)

The number of emails have increased exponentially. It's getting tough to keep up with reading them all let alone answering all of them.

I can only speak for myself, but when I am picking an email to read on the show, I use certain "guidelines" and while they often change....here are some.

First....I have to know the answer, be able to find the answer or know someone who might know someone who knows the answer. I am willing to dig and do research but some are just unaswerable. There are some things Disney just doesnt let people know and no amount of research or digging is going to amount to anything

Second...they need to be "timely". It's hard to answer questions about Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party or Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in February. It's also hard to answer a question that we answered two weeks ago.

Third...they need to be somewhat original and non-repetitive. I have started making jokes about the fact that "yes...we think your 4 year old daughter will love the Pirates and Princesses party". There is just no interesting or entertaining way to relay that information again. Also, If we read every question regarding ways to make a birthday, proposal, anniversary or special event even more special...y'all would stop listening.

Fourth...they cant be so specific that they only relate to the person asking the question. Some of the questions that come into the podcast are basically asking for us to plan their trips. I cant actually tell you where to book your ADRs for your vacation between M/D/YR and M/D/YR. I also cant tell you how many people will be anywhere on any given day. We try to make generalizations...but they are generalizations.

Fifth...and the most dificult to explain... due to the number of emails we recieve...there has to be something that causes a spark. That spark can be something that interests me. It can be something that intrigues me and I want to know the answer, so I'll go searching. It can be something that I think will cause a discussion that will be interesting. It can be something that makes us laugh.....touches us with a bit of humanity...or something we think needsto be said out loud. We can agree with it, disagree with , love it or hate it, but if it's interesting...it'll probably be read.

And finally...it depends on what emails everyone else brings to read. If one of the ones I have chosen for the week too closely resemble one that Julie decides to read, one of us will pick another email.

Something else to consider...something might come up at the park, in the news or a rumor we have heard that will cause us to go back to an email that we have received a while ago.

The bottom line is that there is not really an exact science to this.

I hope this helps.

As I've mentioned (and as Kevin just wrote) the number of emails we receive are pretty staggering right now. One thing we are going to do in the next few weeks is to begin expanding the email show to give us some more time to answer more of them. I would love to be able to answer each email that comes in, but right now it's tough (especially right now as the early part of the year is our busy season).

But, you can get a chance at 'the envelopes' right now by submitting a voicemail about your best experience with a Disney cast member (1-877-310-9662). I'm also coming up with some other ideas to involve more of you in the show, and give you more of a shot at some of the prizes since it's getting harder and harder to get an email on the show (voicemails are not nearly as abundant, and I'm more likely to play a good voicemail then I am to read a good email - just so you know :).

And as far as stepping up the show is concerned, we've had a lot of very exciting stuff happen in the last two weeks - it's not anything I can talk about because many things are up in the air and I don't want to jinx it - but this you can take to the bank: I'm just getting warmed up :yay:

Thx
Pete

And as far as stepping up the show is concerned, we've had a lot of very exciting stuff happen in the last two weeks - it's not anything I can talk about because many things are up in the air and I don't want to jinx it - but this you can take to the bank: I'm just getting warmed up :yay:

Thx
Pete

Don't you worry one little bit about reading any of our silly emails...just keep working on "Project X" !!! :thumbsup2

Just another suggestion -- the boards are filled with knowledgeable people that can answer so many of your questions. Just go to the main board and post your question to the appropriate board (ie: cruise related question to the cruise board) and soon enough you'll be impressing your family and friends with all of your Disney knowledge!

HTH!
Stacy :upsidedow

Don't you worry one little bit about reading any of our silly emails...just keep working on "Project X" !!! :thumbsup2

ah, I heard about project "X".... Little does Will Realize he has fallen into Ursualas' Trap and the wall that was knocked down was to make room for a dungeon.

Thx
Pete

Ooh, how intriguing! Can't wait to hear what you've got up your sleeve.

Thanks for all you do for us, Pete & crew!

Thx
Pete[/quote]

You guys are just insane (and I don't mean that in a Brittney way)! It is something new and incredibly exciting just about every week--I may never log off. Thanks for your replies, too. :)

Oooh---I can't stand the suspense! What is it?!

I will try and answer this....(and not from my iPhone)

The number of emails have increased exponentially. It's getting tough to keep up with reading them all let alone answering all of them.

I can only speak for myself, but when I am picking an email to read on the show, I use certain "guidelines" and while they often change....here are some.

First....I have to know the answer, be able to find the answer or know someone who might know someone who knows the answer. I am willing to dig and do research but some are just unaswerable. There are some things Disney just doesnt let people know and no amount of research or digging is going to amount to anything

Second...they need to be "timely". It's hard to answer questions about Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party or Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in February. It's also hard to answer a question that we answered two weeks ago.

Third...they need to be somewhat original and non-repetitive. I have started making jokes about the fact that "yes...we think your 4 year old daughter will love the Pirates and Princesses party". There is just no interesting or entertaining way to relay that information again. Also, If we read every question regarding ways to make a birthday, proposal, anniversary or special event even more special...y'all would stop listening.

Fourth...they cant be so specific that they only relate to the person asking the question. Some of the questions that come into the podcast are basically asking for us to plan their trips. I cant actually tell you where to book your ADRs for your vacation between M/D/YR and M/D/YR. I also cant tell you how many people will be anywhere on any given day. We try to make generalizations...but they are generalizations.

Fifth...and the most dificult to explain... due to the number of emails we recieve...there has to be something that causes a spark. That spark can be something that interests me. It can be something that intrigues me and I want to know the answer, so I'll go searching. It can be something that I think will cause a discussion that will be interesting. It can be something that makes us laugh.....touches us with a bit of humanity...or something we think needsto be said out loud. We can agree with it, disagree with , love it or hate it, but if it's interesting...it'll probably be read.

And finally...it depends on what emails everyone else brings to read. If one of the ones I have chosen for the week too closely resemble one that Julie decides to read, one of us will pick another email.

Something else to consider...something might come up at the park, in the news or a rumor we have heard that will cause us to go back to an email that we have received a while ago.

The bottom line is that there is not really an exact science to this.

I hope this helps.

Can't you just please answer my question? No really--thanks for taking the time to present your very thorough reply, especially all things considered---I often worry that if I send in one more question, you'll do an intervention and send me to DUPA. Since it is more of an art, and so many posters in here are so well informed, I wonder if you could try posing questions back to us in the podcast and then have us reply via your voicemail and then the "best" answer could win something? :confused3

Thx
Pete

Poor John, can his heart take all this excitement...I know you said he's sweating everytime you have a big plan!! We'll all just have to convince John that we're worth it! :lovestruc

ah, I heard about project "X".... Little does Will Realize he has fallen into Ursualas' Trap and the wall that was knocked down was to make room for a dungeon.

Now, that might be true, but I want Will a little closer than FLORIDA...my cistern is a lot closer to home (although I am trying to design a more portable version)

I was thinking of submitting this as a question to the show... but it seems somewhat appropriate here...

Are the monthly drawings cumulative? For example... does someone who appeared (either had an email read or a voicemail played) in the January email show get moved onto the February drawing...or are the months exclusive of each other?

What happens to the emails you do not read on the air?

They print them out and are secretly tearing them into a bunch of pieces to use on Bawb's ticker tape parade when he wins the presidential election..?????

As I've mentioned (and as Kevin just wrote) the number of emails we receive are pretty staggering right now. One thing we are going to do in the next few weeks is to begin expanding the email show to give us some more time to answer more of them. I would love to be able to answer each email that comes in, but right now it's tough (especially right now as the early part of the year is our busy season).

But, you can get a chance at 'the envelopes' right now by submitting a voicemail about your best experience with a Disney cast member (1-877-310-9662). I'm also coming up with some other ideas to involve more of you in the show, and give you more of a shot at some of the prizes since it's getting harder and harder to get an email on the show (voicemails are not nearly as abundant, and I'm more likely to play a good voicemail then I am to read a good email - just so you know :).

Thx
Pete

:mic:

Haaaaa.....I think I'm in :love: .

:love2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter