What happens to discount if your stay spans multiple offers?

The13thLetter

DIS Veteran
What I mean is, if our trip starts when room resorts have their summer sale but ends during the fall sale, do I get the summer sale rates for the summer days and the fall sale rates for the fall days? Hopefully this is not a confusing question hahah.

Cheers!

Last edited:
What I mean is, if our trip starts when room resorts have their summer sale but ends during the fall sale, do I get the summer sale rates for the summer days and the fall sale rates for the fall days? Hopefully this is not a confusing question hahah.

Cheers!

I think only if you book them under separate reservation numbers and there are discounted rooms available under the promotion.

I think only if you book them under separate reservation numbers and there are discounted rooms available under the promotion.

This. If you booked two separate stays and there were rooms available under both of the offers, you could take advantage of two separate offers on the same trip.

if you book it all as one trip, the only offer that you can use is the one that is valid on the day you arrive - also assuming there were no limitations on your checkout date.

Ok so the promotion that is valid on my check in day is the promotion I will get for the entire trip. That i what I was wondering. Thanks!

if you book it all as one trip, the only offer that you can use is the one that is valid on the day you arrive - also assuming there were no limitations on your checkout date.

Just to add more details to this, if the discount is room only every night of the stay has to be within the discount dates. If the discount is for a package, as long as your check in day is within the discount dates you will get the discount for the entire stay.

Ok so the promotion that is valid on my check in day is the promotion I will get for the entire trip. That i what I was wondering. Thanks!

Only if the promotion is for a package. If the promotion is a % off a room, you will only get the discount on the nights the promotion is good for.

Assuming there were no limitations on your checkout date (Don't miss that!) If your entire stay falls under the promotion, then the discount will apply to your full stay. If the last day of the promotion is (just for argument's sake) the 4th day of a week long stay, the last 3 days would be at regular rate.

TL: DR always read the fine print :)

Assuming there were no limitations on your checkout date (Don't miss that!) If your entire stay falls under the promotion, then the discount will apply to your full stay. If the last day of the promotion is (just for argument's sake) the 4th day of a week long stay, the last 3 days would be at regular rate.

TL: DR always read the fine print :)

This is true if it's a room only promotion. For a package promotion, like Free Dining, then as long as check in day falls within the promotion dates you get the promotion for the entire trip.

Our reservation is room only, so it sounds like maybe my first assumption is true? If nights 1-4 are summer room promotion dates and nights 5-8 are fall promotion dates, I would get those respective rates.

Our reservation is room only, so it sounds like maybe my first assumption is true? If nights 1-4 are summer room promotion dates and nights 5-8 are fall promotion dates, I would get those respective rates.

Correct. Just be aware that in order to get the Fall Promotion, you may have to change resorts, room category or both depending on availability. Every promotion has a certain number of rooms available, usually the more expensive categories.

Correct. Just be aware that in order to get the Fall Promotion, you may have to change resorts, room category or both depending on availability. Every promotion has a certain number of rooms available, usually the more expensive categories.

But if the room and resort I am already in falls under the new promotion I would be ok correct?

Only if Days 5-8 are under a separate reservation number. They can't book two promotions under one reservation. And it'd be likely you're booked in different resorts or different rooms across the two reservations, if that's the case.

Only if Days 5-8 are under a separate reservation number. They can't book two promotions under one reservation. And it'd be likely you're booked in different resorts or different rooms across the two reservations, if that's the case.

Wait so that now sounds different than what I just said. We have a 8 night trip booked and based on last years room only promotion dates it is possible half the trip falls under promotion 1's end and the other falls under promotion 2's start. Are you saying that unless I book separate reservations, the second half of my trip will not get any discount at all?

Wait so that now sounds different than what I just said. We have a 8 night trip booked and based on last years room only promotion dates it is possible half the trip falls under promotion 1's end and the other falls under promotion 2's start. Are you saying that unless I book separate reservations, the second half of my trip will not get any discount at all?

That is the way it should work according to the way those promotions are usually set up. You can always call and verify what your nightly rate is. If there is a hard end date (i.e., if the fine print says "book your stay and arrive by X date" but doesn't specify that the rate is not applicable beyond a certain date,) then you might be fine. But if there's a hard stop to the discount on a specific date, you may be charged rack rate for the remainder of your stay.

Yes, that's what @siren0119 is saying. For 2 different promotions you'd have 2 different reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter