What Happens If

This is my biggest worry for booking anything in the fall. My second biggest worry is if you have a breakout on board your ship and the whole ship gets quarantined for 14+ days at sea.
Yes--this is the biggest reason why if our August cruise is cancelled we won't cruise until next summer. With three kids, the likelihood of "regular" viruses, ear infections, etc. is too great in the fall-spring period.

I have just a little hope for my 8/1/20 Fantasy departure and would cruise if they allow. I base my hope on the fact that I believe the Fantasy has mostly repatriated their crew. I believe it is back at Port Canaveral as I type this.

I have just a little hope for my 8/1/20 Fantasy departure and would cruise if they allow. I base my hope on the fact that I believe the Fantasy has mostly repatriated their crew. I believe it is back at Port Canaveral as I type this.
it was docked in port canaveral two days ago when i watched the falcon rocket booster being brought back into PC, so i assume it's still there (or anchored right offshore).

We have several cruises booked, the closest being in November. Our PIF date is 8/22 and I’m hoping by then we have some idea what’s going on. Honestly, if we still haven’t heard anything by that date I’ll be tempted to cancel and rebook later if we still want to go. We recently moved to FL and it’s just a 3 day, so it’s not a huge deal. We are really looking forward to it though, it’s our first merry time and it’s a surprise for my son’s birthday.

But I’d really like to have some idea what we’re signing up for before committing. Masks everywhere? Itinerary changes? How will they handle the theater and dining rooms, because those are my biggest concern?

We have several cruises booked, the closest being in November. Our PIF date is 8/22 and I’m hoping by then we have some idea what’s going on. Honestly, if we still haven’t heard anything by that date I’ll be tempted to cancel and rebook later if we still want to go. We recently moved to FL and it’s just a 3 day, so it’s not a huge deal. We are really looking forward to it though, it’s our first merry time and it’s a surprise for my son’s birthday.

But I’d really like to have some idea what we’re signing up for before committing. Masks everywhere? Itinerary changes? How will they handle the theater and dining rooms, because those are my biggest concern?

Same here. We had 3 cruises booked- on the Fantasy (August 2020), Magic (December 2020), and Wonder (May 2021). We would cruise today, as long as the spa and pools were open and we didn't have to wear masks onboard. However, in May we cancelled our cruise for August. We just don't think its going to happen and it felt sad planning a trip we were 99% sure would be cancelled somewhat last minute. Today, we cancelled December. We had decided to book a backup trip for just in case this cruise was also cancelled or we cancelled due to lack of amenities/masks. Realized I'd rather just have a sure thing than as cruise with a backup plan I thought I was 50/50 We would use. Now we are left with one cruise booked, for next May. Hoping everything will be back to or closer to normal by Then! But also wishing Disney would release some details on how they will resume cruising.

our PIF is july (for october cruise)....
i doubt there will be much clarity by then either..
my daughter is having the hardest time canceling her august WDW trip....
i keep pushing her to cancel since it's DVC and she has to get it done before the 30 day holding period.
But it just hurts her heart to do it.

I don't see Disney providing information until the CDC lifts the no sail order. To my knowledge, there have not been any announcements from the CDC.

We have a cruise scheduled for November. Our PIF date is August. At this point I am assuming it is sailing unless announcements are made. Time will tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!