What happens IF Riviera restriction are lifted?

Exactly, which benefits Disney, not the owner trying to sell or the buyer trying to buy. Those that buy RIV could have a difficult time selling it down the road (still too early to tell). So, Disney has no real motive for ever lifting the restrictions. Let's just say the bottom falls out of the market for RIV...owners may hold on to them, then letting them go at a huge loss. My gut is that Disney is banking on people who buy and have to sell down the road will have a more difficult time because of the restrictions and thus, drive people to buy from Disney direct so they get the trading power into other resorts that makes the DVC product so good.

DVC would have but in the out clause because what they might feel they are seeing are sluggish sales because the restriction is there. The lifitng would happen while it was still in active sales. Once Riviera is sold out? The only incentive might be is if this did end up causing booking issues down the road for direct owners because resale buyers were very diligent in booking or they have no other options. That might trickle down as news to new the next resort sales and impede DVC selling them. And be an incentive for them to lift the restrictions. Otherwise for the most part if they don't think they're seeing an effect on their direct sales then it won't be changed after the resort is sold out. Thus my guess that if say Reflections was sluggish they and the felt they could get better take rate if they didn't have the restrictions I doubt they'd leave Riviera sitting there as the only resort with those types of restrictions.

I don't consider the skyliner a mode of transportation for BWV at all. Sure it's available -- but why would you walk all the way from BWV to IG to ride the skyliner over to DHS when you can just walk to DHS. It is not that much longer of a walk. From BCV -- I do agree that it does add another option to DHS. Just one more reason I love BCV more than BWV. :-)

But don’t you have to take the Skyliner from Epcot back to Carribean beach to transfer to the DS line? I would t consider this a convenience for BCV guests to go to DHS.

DVC would have but in the out clause because what they might feel they are seeing are sluggish sales because the restriction is there. The lifitng would happen while it was still in active sales. Once Riviera is sold out? The only incentive might be is if this did end up causing booking issues down the road for direct owners because resale buyers were very diligent in booking or they have no other options. That might trickle down as news to new the next resort sales and impede DVC selling them. And be an incentive for them to lift the restrictions. Otherwise for the most part if they don't think they're seeing an effect on their direct sales then it won't be changed after the resort is sold out. Thus my guess that if say Reflections was sluggish they and the felt they could get better take rate if they didn't have the restrictions I doubt they'd leave Riviera sitting there as the only resort with those types of restrictions.

Do you know what the booking language in RIV says in terms of lead time for resort owners? Just wondering if they’d play with the timeline for non resort owners to book there over changing restrictions if owners are having a hard time? Say, changing it to 5 months vs, 7? Just curious if language is same or different to the other resorts.

What do you mean people are not clamoring for VGF? I don't see VGF contracts just sitting around right now -- and they command the 2nd highest resale pricing right now...only VGC is higher. I actually think RIV is kind of a mix between VGF luxury/style and BLT size and design (# of rooms and tower). Sure -- the "preferred views" at RIV are likely going to be in abundance at 7 months just due to sheer numbers -- but if you want any chance at a tower studio or standard view -- you're LIKELY going to have to own at RIV. Especially during fall frenzy. that alone would be a reason to own there.

Not in the same manner as people are going for BCV. I'm not saying it's a Hilton Head here. From a demand perspective, BCV contracts disappear before I have time to think about it. Availability is nil for reservations. You can still grab VGF availability at a 7 month mark depending on time of year, but BCV seems to be a constant waitlist.

Then when I take a look at the resale pricing vs direct pricing, yes VGF is high. Percentage wise and price wise. VGF is about 65% of direct pricing in the last 3 months. BCV is 60% of direct pricing and only about $15 cheaper than VGF. That's REALLY strong considering the contract is about 25 years less than that of VGF; and considering that the dues are higher. I think that's a direct reflection of the demand.

So if you read between the lines, it's not me saying I think RIV will be Vero Beach here. It's just that I don't think it'll be anywhere near as strong as BCV or even BWV. I think it'll be a closer comparison to VGF; which is already pretty generous considering the $100 point contract would already be 57% of direct pricing and the counter hasn't started. So that would actually imply a climb of resale value for RIV.

**For what it's worth PVB is the worst for the recents. $235 direct vs $130 resale. It's still a high selling price but at 55% of direct pricing; the depreciation hit fast and hard considering it's only what? 4-5 years old?

I don't consider the skyliner a mode of transportation for BWV at all. Sure it's available -- but why would you walk all the way from BWV to IG to ride the skyliner over to DHS when you can just walk to DHS. It is not that much longer of a walk. From BCV -- I do agree that it does add another option to DHS. Just one more reason I love BCV more than BWV. :-)

This is much more valuable to value resorts traveling for dinner reservations and the such. But the transportation may not necessarily be needed to get to a park. We'll frequently travel with family and friends who are staying at other resorts and we'll meet up at a place whether for dinner or to sit around the pool. And since not all pools allow guests (ahem storm along bay) that sometimes requires going to lesser pools that do allow friends and family. That place could be on the skyline...or not. Limited, but it's nice to have an extra option especially for resort to resort which is always difficult,.

Not in the same manner as people are going for BCV. I'm not saying it's a Hilton Head here. From a demand perspective, BCV contracts disappear before I have time to think about it. Availability is nil for reservations. You can still grab VGF availability at a 7 month mark depending on time of year, but BCV seems to be a constant waitlist.

Then when I take a look at the resale pricing vs direct pricing, yes VGF is high. Percentage wise and price wise. VGF is about 65% of direct pricing in the last 3 months. BCV is 60% of direct pricing and only about $15 cheaper than VGF. That's REALLY strong considering the contract is about 25 years less than that of VGF; and considering that the dues are higher. I think that's a direct reflection of the demand.

So if you read between the lines, it's not me saying I think RIV will be Vero Beach here. It's just that I don't think it'll be anywhere near as strong as BCV or even BWV. I think it'll be a closer comparison to VGF; which is already pretty generous considering the $100 point contract would already be 57% of direct pricing and the counter hasn't started. So that would actually imply a climb of resale value for RIV.

**For what it's worth PVB is the worst for the recents. $235 direct vs $130 resale. It's still a high selling price but at 55% of direct pricing; the depreciation hit fast and hard considering it's only what? 4-5 years old?

This is much more valuable to value resorts traveling for dinner reservations and the such. But the transportation may not necessarily be needed to get to a park. We'll frequently travel with family and friends who are staying at other resorts and we'll meet up at a place whether for dinner or to sit around the pool. And since not all pools allow guests (ahem storm along bay) that sometimes requires going to lesser pools that do allow friends and family. That place could be on the skyline...or not. Limited, but it's nice to have an extra option especially for resort to resort which is always difficult,.

$235 is not what PVB sold for though. That’s the premium pricing they put on it after they stopped marketing direct sales on it. It started around $160 and I think it topped out in the $176 or so range. Those numbers do not include any incentives which were offered right up to the end. So not that big of depreciation.

Do you know what the booking language in RIV says in terms of lead time for resort owners? Just wondering if they’d play with the timeline for non resort owners to book there over changing restrictions if owners are having a hard time? Say, changing it to 5 months vs, 7? Just curious if language is same or different to the other resorts.

No, I don’t for sure but have never read that it changed from the normal language of at least 1 month home priority. The non home priority would have to follow terms of the BVTC and if they want to include it there for trades I’m not certain they could vary it from other resorts. At least I don’t recall seeing any language that might allow that to be done for any resort.

But don’t you have to take the Skyliner from Epcot back to Carribean beach to transfer to the DS line? I would t consider this a convenience for BCV guests to go to DHS.
I think that is the case, but that’s no different than taking resort monorail to Epcot monorail.

I think that is the case, but that’s no different than taking resort monorail to Epcot monorail.

BCV guests though can boat to DHS, which seems like it would be more convenient and faster. But, I also don’t consider the monorail option to Epcot very convenient excep from Poly.

Just wanted to be sure though that I had it right in terms of what a guest would have to do!

I'd bet a fair number of galactic credits that I could complete the Skyliner trip at least twice in the time it takes to ride the boat across once, not to mention the boat dock is actually farther than the Skyliner station.

I'd bet a fair number of galactic credits that I could complete the Skyliner trip at least twice in the time it takes to ride the boat across once, not to mention the boat dock is actually farther than the Skyliner station.

I guess it will be fun to try that out! I’m going to BWV in 2 weeks and my DD 23 wants to try skyliner so we will time it! Lol

I think they would have a huge legal mess if they removed the restrictions. I would be furious if I was the one who sold their Riviera contract for $100.

What it if has a long line?

Peter Pan is constantly moving and you have to wait 90 minutes for it.

This is a gondola, not an omnimover. Pods can detach for load as needed.

Gondolas are a valid form of public transit and far more efficient than a 50-year old omnimover theme park ride design.

This is a gondola, not an omnimover. Pods can detach for load as needed.

Gondolas are a valid form of public transit and far more efficient than a 50-year old omnimover theme park ride design.

I wasn’t being serious comparing the two.

I’m really curious of how efficient the gondolas will be. I still expect there to be lines.

As far as the Riviera, even if the restrictions were lifted, the wife says no way.

I guess it will be fun to try that out! I’m going to BWV in 2 weeks and my DD 23 wants to try skyliner so we will time it! Lol
Interesting read: https://attractionsmagazine.com/we-...-hot-florida-sun-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

The travel time between Epcot and Hollywood Studios is 11:27. Add the time required to change at the CBR which is unknown at this point.
Considering gondolas load continously while the boat is on a 15-20 minutes schedule, I can see for BCV the Skyliner being faster both than boat and walking to go to the Studios.
From BWV, if you can take the stairs, walking will be faster because you start already almost midway on the path.

Interesting read: https://attractionsmagazine.com/we-...-hot-florida-sun-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

The travel time between Epcot and Hollywood Studios is 11:27. Add the time required to change at the CBR which is unknown at this point.
Considering gondolas load continously while the boat is on a 15-20 minutes schedule, I can see for BCV the Skyliner being faster both than boat and walking to go to the Studios.
From BWV, if you can take the stairs, walking will be faster because you start already almost midway on the path.

Wow! I am surprised that it is that fast! It definitely will be a nice (and faster option) for many BCV guests!

Helping this thread get back on track...IF the restrictions are lifted, there will be much celebration from all corners! The handful of people who have sold their contracts for a loss will be furious, but drowned out by the collective cheering of the 99.9% of DVC members.

But I agree with the consensus here, and don't think they will be lifted anytime in the foreseeable future.

Helping this thread get back on track...IF the restrictions are lifted, there will be much celebration from all corners! The handful of people who have sold their contracts for a loss will be furious, but drowned out by the collective cheering of the 99.9% of DVC members.

But I agree with the consensus here, and don't think they will be lifted anytime in the foreseeable future.
I think the odds of hitting Mega Millions are better......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter