What happened to the monorail?

one_cat

Jack, you have debauched my sloth.
Does anyone know what happened to the monorail? We just passed it in the bus after DAH and there were about 20 fire trucks.

Lost power outside of TTC according to the news
Monorail gets stuck while heading toward Epcot
That report is full of conflicting or questionable info. It says it was leaving TTC for Epcot, but the other Guest said it was leaving CR for TTC. Report said it happened at 10:30 pm, but the Epcot line was scheduled to close at 10pm last night.

The report says dozens of riders were rescued. Why would dozens of Guests be going from TTC to Epcot at 10:30pm?

Last edited:
@joelkfla just passing along the story I saw. My guess is, as is typical with news these days, they rush to get a story up to be the "first" not the most accurate. I see the DIS now has a bit of info up now on the Disney News and Updates.

@joelkfla just passing along the story I saw. My guess is, as is typical with news these days, they rush to get a story up to be the "first" not the most accurate. I see the DIS now has a bit of info up now on the Disney News and Updates.
Yeah, I wasn't blaming you. I was just questioning the accuracy of the news report.

I see now that the 2nd tweet was by someone on the resort line who passed by the incident. Maybe it was the last train out of TTC around 10pm and it was 10:30 before the rescuers arrived.

What I really would like to know is what did people get for being stuck‽

Did guests have to climb down a ladder where a slight shift in balance might result in falling off or falling between the rungs and falling to the ground?

Did guests have to hang on the side of the monorail car outside to reach a rescue apparatus where loss of grip would result in sliding off and then falling?

Did a guest have to rely on a rescuer hand holding him where if the rescuer lost his grip the guest would fall?

Couldn't they have brought a self powered tow vehicle on the monorail beam and dragged the dead monorail train back to a station?

I don’t know any answers to those questions but I would be another guest with anxiety issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter