What happened to Ohana's

'Ohanas has bounced back and forth for us in the past 3 trips. Dinner the first time we went, 2015, was incredible-- everything came out hot and fresh, everything was delicious. We went back in 2017 and it wasn't great. Food was mostly cold, something was "off" about the meat. We didn't get sick, I don't think it was the quality of the meat itself, but it tasted strange to us for some reason. We went back again over Thanksgiving break a few months ago and the food was amazing again, though we all felt pretty rushed by our server.

In any case-- the food at the Poly is beginning to concern me in general. Cap'n Cooks is fine, as far as QS on the monorail goes, it's better than Gasparilla Island but not as awesome as the Contempo. The Kona Cafe really disappointed me during breakfast last year. And Spirit of Aloha is notoriously a nightmare. We're staying at the GF this year, but contemplating trying Kona Cafe's new lunch menu to see how we like it.

Went to Ohana once, all the way back in 2012. I too believed the hype of how great this place was, and it was just hands down the worst experience I ever had at a Disney restaurant.

Between getting seated 45 minutes late, not getting drinks for 20 minutes, having all the sides/apps getting thrown at us at the same time. Then sitting there for 40 minutes before anyone with a skewer of meat came by. There were 2 huge tables right before us, one was an 8 Top the other a 10 Top. Between those two tables they would cannibalize the skewers. The servers instead of starting where they finished would go to the beginning of their area, and of course the skewers were picked clean before they would even get to us.

We complained to management, and got at best a lukewarm response. The bread pudding is legit delicious so we learned to just go to Tambu Tambu and get a plate there instead of wasting time and way too much $$$ on Ohana.

We went to Ohana last Tuesday (2/26) and, after all the negative reviews, we were pleasantly surprised! We had a 5:15 PM ADR and waited at most 10 minutes to be seated. We were seated near the window (one row back) with a lovely view of the lake. Our server was outstanding, very attentive, and we never felt rushed. Although not Signature quality, the food was all very good and tasty - make sure to come hungry because you will be stuffed by the end! It didn't seem overly noisy where we were seated and we had a great time.

We were at ‘Ohana over Christmas week. I’ve heard (and experienced) much of the criticism of the restaurant. But this dinner went off perfectly. We weren’t rushed and the food was cooked well. It’s inconsistent, but ‘Ohana can still deliver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!