what food to serve at a b-day party?

RangerPooh

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide on the type of food to serve to guests at a mid afternoon b-day party. The guests will mainly be adults plus a few toddlers (easy enough there), but what do I serve the adults? I already have planned on providing cupcakes, cookies, and strawberry soup. What else should I do? It's at 3:30pm so I don't think that I need a full spread, or do I? Thanks.

When my sister has a party at 2, she usually will have chips and salsa for the adults, doritos and such for the kids and then pizza for all but its usually only for 10 people total.

I usually have my kids parties at 3 or 4 pm and have about 24 family members come(dh has a big family) and have some chips and nuts out and then a dinner of either spag. and meatballs or something along that lines and a salad, cake and icecream and then some chip and dip for any straglers if I remember to put it out.

I havent done a party that is anything but a full dinner so I am no help. I did do finger sandwhiches once for my sons Christening and it worked out great as well.

Thanks for the pizza suggestion, I had disregarded that idea before but am now reconsidering it. We had been thinking burgers and polish dogs but I don't want to hear complaints from DH's step-siblings and their kids. Ugh, family issues. I think that I might just get a couple pizza's and hope that not everyone shows.

At that time of the day, we also usually have food along with chips, veggies & dip. I usually just order chicken, make a pasta & have some other sides.

Kathy

HOw about sloppy joes? You can cook up the meat before hand and keep it warm in a crockpot. Then put out a veggie tray and some chips. Easy enough to put out before everyone shows up.

I do like the pizza idea tho.

We've done make your own pizzas when we've had company. Just set out the toppings and cut up some french bread. No one argues about what to have on the pizza, cause they can choose their own toppings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!