What floor or room numbers best at GF SugarLoaf?

renee244

Earning My Ears
Staying in the concierge GF rooms in Sept. Does anyone know what floor is best to stay on? I know the lounge is on the first floor and thinking about requesting that - it would be nice having my coffee close by.

First floor is nice because you're on the same floor as the lounge. Downsides, everyone goes by your floor.

Second floor is nice because it is only one floor higher than the lounge. Downsides, there is ABSOLUTELY NO staircase for going UP your room. If you're valid, and concerned about energy waste using the elevator for JUST ONE FLOOR, this might be upsetting.

Third floor is a good compromise because most rooms are not dormer rooms (I expect you're not fan of dormer rooms) and it is high enough so that the noise from the lounge is a little bit softened.

Fourth floor hosts the official Fan-Association-of-Rooms,-Dormer-Style (FARDS).

Last but not least, fifth floor offer the amenities of the Campsite at Fort Wilderness with the convenience of a monorail resort, plus the view of Movies-Under-the-Star is unrivaled. Beware of security cameras when setting up your tent, security has concerns with guests sleeping on the roof. :smokin:

Disclosure: we've been at GF SL once, and we were on 3rd floor in a dormer room. Except for the fact that no stairs could be used to go up to our rooms, we liked its location. We had a room that was not in the atrium and that was not a connecting room, so it was quite silent. We would gladly return to the same room if we wanted a dormer room again, though next time we might like to try a regular room, for the regular balcony that comes with it.

Staying in the concierge GF rooms in Sept. Does anyone know what floor is best to stay on? I know the lounge is on the first floor and thinking about requesting that - it would be nice having my coffee close by.

I was just there in April and spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure out what kind of requests to make. I find the Touring Plans room finder particularly helpful in getting an idea of room locations... see this link: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...[sound]=&filters[balcony]=any&date=2017-08-17

There are two sides of SL... one side faces the courtyard pool, the other side faces the marina. The lounge is on the first floor in the middle in an open atrium area. Personally I would NOT want to be on the first floor near the lounge - those rooms are pretty much 'right there' off the lounge but not in a good way. I wouldn't mind being down either hallway on the first floor, I think, that way you're at least away from the foot traffic.

We were on the third floor in Room 6317, facing the marina, sort of in the middle of the building. This room location was fine, but I did find the noise from the lounge a bit bothersome. When they start setting up breakfast in the morning, you know it. We left thinking we'd probably rather be down either hall in the future just to be away from the atrium. The downside of that plan is you can get into more larger trees that block the views, but that's hit/miss depending on the room. At the end of the day our room was fine, all things considered.

One other thing to consider is the balcony situation - as @cwis points out above (I typed this before their post so some of this is repetitive). All first and second floor rooms have full balconies. Most of three has full balconies but except the rooms towards the end of each hall which have smaller dormer balconies. The fourth floor rooms have dormer balconies. Some people don't like the dormer balconies because they are smaller/enclosed. (Note I'm ignoring the Deluxe rooms and suites for these purposes.)

For such a small building, I found trying decide what I thought would be the 'best' floor/room very challenging!

Hope that helps.

Wow thank you all so much! I am a 6am riser so think I will request the first floor as the noise won't bother me and having coffee nearby is a bonus for me! It is also great to know that the first floor has full balconies.

Wow thank you all so much! I am a 6am riser so think I will request the first floor as the noise won't bother me and having coffee nearby is a bonus for me! It is also great to know that the first floor has full balconies.

I wish I could convey in words or had pics of how the first floor is configured. The rooms on the first floor around the atrium are very 'exposed' in a way. I could be sitting in the lounge and see you come out of your room and whomever might be changing inside your room at the time. For the ones by the elevator, literally everyone else in the building is going to walk by your room multiple times a day - at all hours. That's not the end of the world, but just something to think about.

If you want to consider something other than the first floor, SL realy isn't that big at all, so no room is very far from your morning coffee!

Hope you have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter