What does your TA say?

DznyDreams

A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .
When I said, "Hopefully, they'll extend the free dining plan," my TA said, "Well, they'll have another special offer, but it probably won't be the same as the one they have now."

:confused3

Did your TA have an opinion about the possibility of Disney extending the free dining offer?

I reallly hope the same deal is extended to include my dates (11/27-12/4 or 12/5). I'm keeping my fingers crossed just as I know many of you are!!

DznyDreams,

Maybe all of us will get lucky and they will extend it into the first few months of 2006.

All TA's gets the majority of their info from the Disney CM's, just like we do here on the dis, and we know that they don't get official info until things happen.

What did you expect your TA to say?

mine says "your guess is as good as mine!" ;)

The full story is that she said that the dates that they offered it for covered the worst part of hurricane season so she was really curious to see if this was a short term special to lure people there for September since last September was so bad weather wise or if it is the start of seeing some kind of discount in the future. When I push and ask what she has heard about the rest of the year she says she has no idea what to epect and that "your guess is as good as mine!"

ILoveWDW2003 said:
. . . What did you expect your TA to say?

I don't suppose I "expected" her to say anything. I wasn't asking her a question, she just added her own comment to my statement. I only posted this thread because I simply thought it would be interesting to hear what other TAs are saying (predicting). That's all . . . period.

Wendy*Darling said:
. . . The full story is that she said that the dates that they offered it for covered the worst part of hurricane season so she was really curious to see if this was a short term special to lure people there for September since last September was so bad weather wise or if it is the start of seeing some kind of discount in the future. . .

This is exactly what I told my husband the day before this code officially came out, and I wondered if anyone else shared my opinion. Thanks for sharing. :flower:

DznyDreams said:
When I said, "Hopefully, they'll extend the free dining plan," my TA said, "Well, they'll have another special offer, but it probably won't be the same as the one they have now."

Did your TA have an opinion about the possibility of Disney extending the free dining offer?

I reallly hope the same deal is extended to include my dates (11/27-12/4 or 12/5). I'm keeping my fingers crossed just as I know many of you are!!

I know how you feel. The new dining special sounds awesome but my budget can't squeeze in a trip by Oct. Now if they had it for Jan or Feb then that would be awesome. Here's hoping that they release something similar. :mickeybar

While I would LOVE free dining as much as everyone else, I too think this was a promo designed to bring people to WDW during the same time as last year's hurricane season.

I really don't think that the free dining will be extended because there really is not that drastic of a reason for WDW to do so business-wise.

Just don't want people getting their hopes up that just because it happened in a certain time frame, doesn't mean it will happen again or even be extended.

Remember Fairy Tale Packages from a year or so ago? That didn't stick around either. You can't count on it or even plan for it. IF it happens, you can consider it a bonus, but I wouldn't budget for it.

I have tried to number crunch myself into a way to take advantage of the deal before it ends in October, but I just can't make it happen. Well, I could if I didn't pay my truck payment or my tag, but neither is an option. So, short of winning the lottery before July 3rd, I will keep my plans for December. We are most likely going to be going to AAA next Saturday to make our reservations. I would love to have the free dining thing pop up for us in December, that $400 in savings would be wonderful!

The biggest concern for us right now is pet boarding....we have never boarded our Chihuahuas before. Deuce has seizures and stress and being overtired can trigger them. Beanie has a bad heart and barking makes her pass out and have seizures....oh, and she barks are everyone and every creature. Perdita is just our ADD dog....I swear, if they would just let us try her on Ritalin. lol Beanie will stay with a couple of friends of ours, but they won't take all 3 because of their cats. So, we are thinking that we are going to drive Deuce and Perdita down to FL with us, board them at my SIL's vet's office and that way we minimize the number of days that they are boarded, we know that they will be well cared for, and if Deuce has any need for a seizure work up, he would have immediate care. But, we don't know how much that is going to cost us until later next week. This also means that we are probably going to have to rent a car....this was not in my trip budget either...but I can't leave Chihuahua's in a pet carrier in the bed of my truck from Atlanta to Daytona Beach in December.

The other thing that I am uncertain of is where we will stay and for how long. I would love to try POFQ, but if we do, most likely, we will only be able to stay 4 nights. This would be ok, but it's not what I want to do. I would prefer to stay 5 or 6 nights, but I really don't want to stay at POP again this year....even though we loved it in 2003, I would almost rather stay at the ASMo in the preferred building.

I hate stressing about all of this, but we really shouldn't even be trying to take this trip. Between buying 2 new trucks late last year and a house in February, we are still adjusting to the financial changes. Gabby really wanted to have a family reunion at MVMCP and I am working my buns off to make that happen. But, today one of her sisters says that she won't come....she will send her two teenaged kids, but she won't join the rest of us because MVMCP isn't her thing. I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle her. The main reason we were trying to do the MVMCP thing was to allow the sisters to all have one last family photo with their mom....and it would be paid for already. Gabby's mom has really bad health issues and if she is alive in a year, it will be nothing short of a miracle. So, here I sit alone in my home stressing about money and the trip tonight as Gabby and her older sister have gone up to NC to see their Dad for Father's Day.

Oh well, enough about my troubles. lol Sorry, I guess I just needed a good vent. Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter