What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? Part II

I have tried to read through all of these posts, but there are SOOOOO many. Apologies in advance if this is a duplicate question.
Does anyone have the measurements of the port hole on the door. I want to make a Disney Death Star to tie our Star Wars theme together, but can not find anything about the size of the port hole.
Thanks for the help, and all of the great ideas.

Tink

I have tried to read through all of these posts, but there are SOOOOO many. Apologies in advance if this is a duplicate question.
Does anyone have the measurements of the port hole on the door. I want to make a Disney Death Star to tie our Star Wars theme together, but can not find anything about the size of the port hole.
Thanks for the help, and all of the great ideas.

Tink
The diameter is 7 1/2 inches for the door number.

This was our door this past Feb. We were on a Star Wars Day at Sea Cruise...I think. :rotfl:

TIYFT9_mQHUdD3VB8YD0YS3WJrpmPjvJmrXh4QmooZO_0gxJceTBb_zKef-qELTN8zz50BzabqbnAI1npHTW2yHVpNJq_Aowh7nvyHhUYGwZBGO_3PHJcuuwvOinzNlocZKauNN-jXYnjrLSM1lYE6lBVw9B2FHzwWyT3L84EALTgc21T_YUnLRDucpI1_pD3VFq1uocLIckCdJts6nihZ0iuc35dnd7KaayP0pzwPgMn1pKmGwpKOmhuzoy6haKiFkzcDXbeYo0LuK4H_HuA9YnzL8yx6Qh8gV3orBUGqr1OxQlU5ailgo_hUeIHguMdOQ9FWAr73QhF7_BdUZP2OP3pfpbQB8PEEVKNJBAzpn5SRvPvjYCj3qB-vJOO4MuGPECSShAftQ5t21hbYbRpVPTTo8_D36-0FQpHrVeoi3kdYXuLvjVepq5NQ7cA6Im2O7ZhGH7ZVyGCI67k3JmxjzRPvwTL80PjiiZpxz_cIn4GdoPdydOmGeRaJ0MBLzZTkdG05pRny5Oks5SyGh90uwZ_ogCCfs835V-39UHYabRWBJkufPM6v9kRCCkPvA_cXrRxg=w483-h725-no

First, I am totally jealous. I wanted to go on one of the Star Wars sailings. I am getting a fair trade off though. I will get to take 2 cruises in 2017 with the second being on the official release date of episode VIII.

Second, that is a very cool door!

Thanks!! Speaking of jealous...2 cruises?!? I am green with envy!!

very cool door- how can I get/make the hats across the top?

Thanks! I found a seller on ebay who can custom make magnets like that. I just do a search for "Disney stateroom door magnets" and several vendors will pop up with different designs.
I guess if you had a good printer and design software you can do it yourself and print them on magnetic paper, or regular paper, and have them laminated and stick magnetic tape on the back. That's what we did with all the little Star Wars graphics we found.

I just posted this in a different thread, but this is what we did for our son's Wish trip this past February. We had a blast! I cut our family members out of the Paperdoll dress up cricut cartridge. We then created a different outfit for each day (Formal, pirate, swimsuits etc.)
Door 3.jpg Door 4.jpg Door 5.jpg Door 6.jpg Door 7.jpg Door 1.jpg Door 2.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know the dimensions of the door, from the top to the room number plate?
I am looking to design my own and need to size it correctly.

We just came back from our first cruise (3/26-4/2/11) and this was my first attempt at the magnets. I bought a 5 inch laminating machine so most of the pictures had to be cut in 1/2 to fit through. Next time I am just gonna go with magnetic paper and print them on there.

The mickey pirate hat was my very first one, hence the tip missing and it being slightly askew...LOL!

DisneyCruise011.jpg

The "You Are Here" one is two-part...I laminated the itinerary map. Then I printed out a smaller version of the Magic, laminated and placed a separate magnet on the back of it. I moved the ship throughout the cruise showing where we were on that day. If we had been gone most of the day, other cruisers were kind enough to make sure our ship was in its proper place.:lmao:

Most of the pre-made DISigns came from Jordak and Milliepie!!! Thank you for sharing your disigns!!

I know this is a very, very long shot since this is a really old post but does anyone have a copy of the lady and the tramp at the beach? I tried searching and couldnt find it on my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter